On Hold 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby G.T.500

Discussion in 'Land' started by SoHigh00, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

I haven't got so much time yet to work on the beams butt I will Finnish it soon.

2. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

No stress really! I am glad you offered me the helping hand. :)

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

"1 baker 11, in pursuit of '67 Ford Mustang, gray".

I want this car! It looks amazing!

4. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Just finished the engine :
    1.JPG 2.JPG

Pretty happy with the outcome.

Update:
    The underbody and all elements are complete :D
    4.JPG 5.JPG
    I am still under 40k tris, so with the interior it shouldn't be over 50k wich is pretty good.

Next I'll "remake" the front again by making the front bumper an individual part bound to the frame for realistic damage and by finnaly adding the chrome bumper.
    I also didn't notice on the blueprint, that the hood has scoops. Noticed it because the engine doesn't fit :p

#104 SoHigh00, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

lol, looks awesome its coming along well

6. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Finished the hood and the chrome bumper.
    1.JPG
    I've also finished the engine bay, by adding the battery and the engine fan.
    2.JPG
    I kind of went crazy with the fan having 600 polys...I'll may or may not redo it..but I like how it looks so we'll see where that goes.
    3.JPG

So...I guess next on the list is the interior. And then I'm done(besides smoothing and fixing the mesh in certain places).wow

Edit: On second glance those pillars look dead wrong..i have no idea what I was thinking this whole time. I'll fix those next.

7. FunkyHunk

FunkyHunk
    Expand Collapse

Here is a picture of the pillars on my 66 Mustang:
    IMG_2485.JPG IMG_2461.JPG IMG_2448.JPG

The 67 is quite similar on this part around the windshield, so maybe you could use these as references?
    I've made tons of reference photos of my mustang because I wanted to try to 3dmodel it but my blender skills are somewhat wanting.
    If you wanted to model the 65/66 mustang you'd be welcome to all of my reference photos :)

Hope this helps :)

8. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Thank you it helps a lot :) Do you happen to have also one with the door opened shot from inside? To see how the interior material "merges" with the outer body shell.

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

As soon as we get it out again I promise I'll take some pictures. She's down in the basement under a cover right now. Hard to get a good picture.

10. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Well I kind of fixed the pillar but I am not shure about the result...What do you think? I've also done the chrome details and the rubber..not shure about them either..
    1.JPG
    What I am shure about though is the front! It's almost perfect. I fixed the fender and gave it that curbature that the real car has(it almost slipped me) and added some details here and there on the hood. I hope you like it as much as I do :)
    2.JPG

And potato thanks again for your offer :D

11. FunkyHunk

FunkyHunk
    Expand Collapse

I can take a few photos tomorrow of the interior and sills If you want.
    These cars were pretty similar for the first four years in small details. And, keep up the good work, I can't wait to try this ingame :)

12. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

I would really apreciate it if it's no trouble for you :) And thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I've redone the window area again. I think it's better but it's probably still not the final version.
    1.JPG
    I've also done a good amount of work on the interior.
    2.JPG

13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

This looks really clean and well made so far, very nice work :D

Also I can't help but notice your rear pillars are rippled along the window edge. Also I suggest you put a few extra vertices into the instrument gauges as the few extra polys will make no real difference in performance but do make the car look much better. This is quite important in the interior as it is a very detailed and close up part of the car.

14. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Currently working on the back seats:
    1.JPG
    To you guys with mustangs...what is here(yellow)? A carpet/ storing place or are the seats placed wrong? It can't be empty like that right?

How is the trunk separated from the interior? (red)
    2.JPG
    I've found this:
    4.JPG
    It seems like the trunk is divided from the rest of the interior. It also seems like behind the rear seats is another storing place...like a second trunk?
    If you can please shoot a picture of this area.

Edit:
    Also finished the front seats.
    1.JPG

I only have to fix the issue stated before, add the rollcage, add the steering wheel, fix the rear of the car like I did with the front and add detail where needed/remove detail where possible.

Then I'll focus on bringing the car in the game. Which I still have no idea how..

#114 SoHigh00, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  15. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

On mine (68 I think), the trunk goes all the way to the back of the rear seats. There isn't even a wall there. The rear seat is the wall of the trunk. I'd take some pictures but I don't have my phone and my go pro is dead. I'll have some in a little while.
    Alright here they are. Sorry about the quality. I did the best I could. :\
    The rear bench seat starts about 3 inches behind the door hole (isn't it door frame). And it's just one long bench seat. It doesn't raise up in the middle for the tunnel, kinda like yours does. I'll take a picture if you'd like.
    And there actually is a hump for the axle, but you have the shape kinda off. Hope you can see it in my picture.

Attached Files:

• mustangtrunk.JPG
    • mustangtrunk2.JPG
    • mustangtrunk3.JPG
    #115 Potato, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  16. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

@Potato
    I see. Thanks a lot it opened my eyes a liitle wider. I should be able to get rid of the hump and move the seats a little bit back without destroying the structure...If not than this is how it will roughly look like:
    1.JPG
    I'll do my best!

Thanks for taking the time shooting these pictures :)
    Oh and is the Mustang golden? Pretty cool :D

17. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it's a gold color. I'll take some pretty pictures of it when we take it out sometime. It isn't the original paint, though. My grandfather bought it from some guy for my mom when she was in high school, and it wasn't gold. I think it was brown, but I don't think that was the original paint either. It has also been wrecked once, my mom's sister rear ended someone, but that was like the 80s and it's fixed now.
    And no problem about the pictures. :D
    I'll take some more if you have any additional confusion.

18. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Cool story :) I wish I had one of those irl..but by living in germany it's quite hard to find(never saw an vintage mustang only <2001). Is your grandfather selling it :D

About the pics..could you get one of the rear window like in the screenshot I posted 2 posts above ? It would give a better perspective of the rear seats I think.

19. shotgun347

shotgun347
    Expand Collapse

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Well now my mom owns it, and no, we wouldn't sell it.
    It's actually a base model; steel wheels with hubcaps, doesn't really look that sporty, but in the 90s my dad rebuilt the engine and suped it up. It's pretty fast now.
    And I just fell off of a rope swing and i'm hurting pretty bad, so I'll take some pictures later when I'm feeling better.
    Just kidding I'm not a puss pics incoming.
    I just realized our mustang isn't a fastback so the back is shaped completely different. :(
    Well then.

#120 Potato, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice