On Hold 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby G.T.500

Discussion in 'Land' started by SoHigh00, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Almost finished the diffuse map for the engine, running gear and badges. Here is an ingame screen.
    7.JPG 5.JPG
    The specular and normal map are still to be added. I need some critics please.

From this point on the developement will be pretty slow though....school started again and I won't have that much time to spend on this project. So, sorry for that.

2. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that texturing is beautiful, it really makes the model look good. I'm sure it will be great once everything is done like that :D

Also, are using existing images, or drawing them from scratch. It seems like the latter, which I think is the best way to texture.

3. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Take your time dude. Life is more important than this (amazing) car.

4. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, the only used immages are the on the engine the "cobra" and on the fan cover that orange pixelated thing where it normally says "careful fan"(not visible at 1024 texture size) And those are the places I am not happy at all with ^^. I will do a makeover in the future because it looks quite messy at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you are right :D

5. nikobelichgta5

nikobelichgta5
    Expand Collapse

everything is okay)))))
    Oh yeah , She looks so sexy :))))

6. Raylovescars

Raylovescars
    Expand Collapse

My only ( and I mean only) complant is that the rear lights are a bit untextured.. Sorry but I had to say it. Still beautiful.
    edit: found better photo of lights.

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
    • image.jpg
  7. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

It's because I didn't touch those by now ^^ Don't worry to complain about stuff btw...that's why I post the pictures in the first place :)
    The only textured meshes are the engine, running gear(suspension, gearbox, exhaust etc...) and the badges you see in the 2nd pic.

8. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Huge progress in the last two days. I think it's worth to give you an update. Special thanks goes to to: Rainy weather! ;)
    Lots of pics incoming!

I have simplified the topology and fixed a lot of the reflection issues. Slowly getting to the point where I am finnaly happy with the bodywork.
    a.JPG
    Edited the chrome trims, modeled mirrors and windscreen wipers.
    w.JPG
    Ohhh...Finaly a proper interior! I have also added some basic materials to give a better idea of how it will look with proper textures.(last pic excluded the blue will be black)
    e.JPG u.JPG r.JPG t.JPG

Now to the new wheels.

First of the original Shelby rims:

15" Kelsy Hayes steel wheels. (1844 tris) (I'll probably redo these.. It was my first go on modeling a wheel and as you can see the quality between these and the rest is quite different.)
    d.JPG

15" Shelby 10 spoke rim.(2067 tris)(love those)
    g.JPG

Now to the aftermarket rims:

15" American Racing Torq Thrust Wheels(2030 tris)
    f.JPG

18"/19" Boze Alloys "Daytona"(2038 tris)
    Don't have the tire to mach those yet.
    h.JPG

If you think "wtf is that sporty rim doing on a 67 Mustang?!?" This is the reason:
    http://restomodstore.com/1967-mustang-fastback/
    I got the idea from 14ramosr. So thanks for pointing me in this direction. I'll try to make it like the original...or I'll maybe do my own design..we'll see ^^.

And here is a wip pic of the Shelby 10 spoke rim if you are interested in the workflow...The rest are somewhere in the Developement screens thread..
    q.JPG

Thanks for reading. Oh and I know this takes really really long but I had no idea what I was doing as I started this and had to fix everything over and over...But we'll get there sooner or later :)

Oh² the polycount is at 55.122. This with the 10 spoke Shelby rim(2067 x4 tris)..It's quite much but I will be able to clean some places of unneeded polys(especially on the back side of the rims). I don't have to add any more bodyparts, so the polycount should go downhill from here on.

#168 SoHigh00, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  9. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

This is coming along amazingly! (thank you rainy weather) But i think you should credit yourself too :p rainy weather doesnt model like a god. *tips my hat to you sir*

10. Smatdude13

Smatdude13
    Expand Collapse

I have to admit dude, Its been amazing seeing you work through this vehicle. Is this your first 3D model?
    you have some really great skills my friend.
    Keep up the Awesome work man!;)

11. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

But rainy weather kept me inside motivated to model this. And thanks for the nice words :) (even though I am far from modeling "like a god".)

Thanks! No, not my frst model but my first model of a car. I have modeled other stuff before like characters/buildings so I had the basics allready down. But a whole car is quite challenging to be honest. I am glad I have made all the progress pics along the way...you can really see how much this evolved overtime.

12. arilliam

arilliam
    Expand Collapse

What a gorgeous car man! Always wanted an old mustang, I'm afraid this is as close as i can get for now;)

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Awesome as the progress has always been (only thing that I personally think is a big no, is the auto transmission)

14. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Maybe there could be an automatic and a standard transmission option

15. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry ^^ I also dislike automatic transmision in real life. It's just been modeled first because I only had reference for the automatic shift stick. It will include both automatic and a four speed transmision. Probablly also a 5/6 speed transmision for the restomodded version.

16. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Nice, nice work. This is a bit unfair and cruel though....why give us such an outstanding vehicle, replete with awesome updates that show your skill and patience, just to smash it head on into a telephone pole and then gloat about it?:p

This is honestly the first mod where I can't even imagine scratching the damn thing. So cruel.

17. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

This is true. Luckily, the game is called BeamNG.drive for a reason;)

Anyways, the model is really taking shape. I'm sure with your uber textures it will be quite spectacular to look at.

18. DarkMistKiller

DarkMistKiller
    Expand Collapse

wow this looks amazing. this is my first post on beamng :p but i had to comment on this.

its amazing if i saw this and hadn't seen the development and you said you made it and its your first ever i would call bull****.

don't stop i really want this and i think im going to say it but i think its better than a lot of cars on here..

19. Flat_0ut

Flat_0ut
    Expand Collapse

aaaaand i now have this thread on my bookmarks bar

awesome work mate keep it up

first vehicle model and my favorite muscle car ever made i have to say you have done a 10/10 job

*hats off to you kind sir*

20. joel333

joel333
    Expand Collapse

omg this is just amazing !! thanks to rainy weather but sohigh00your awesome and one of the best on this site ! this is my first reply !! :p keep up your awesome word :cool::cool:

- - - Updated - - -

i hope you will put a lot of power in this beautiful car! and again great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice