WIP Beta released 1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Update 0.9.1

Discussion in 'Land' started by Goosah, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Re: 1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter

2014-12-10_00001.jpg
    2014-12-10_00002.jpg
    2014-12-10_00003.jpg
    Alright.
    Stripped config has exhaust and no driveshaft
    Auto doesn't have exhaust or driveshaft
    Manuel has exhaust and driveshaft.

#121 Again_Dejavu, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

That's weird then, didn't bother to check the automatic version :cool:

3. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Doh. I guess I didn't test well enough after some last minute changes. Ill investigate tonight.

BTW I'm really stoked that you guys like the mod. It made my morning to see screenshots and vids.

Constructive criticism is welcome and part of beta testing, please let me know of any issues!

#123 Goosah, Dec 10, 2014
  4. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that there is an issue when the door windows break. When the roof gets crushed you can see fragments of the broken glass texture (atleast that's what I assume it is) where the window is supposed to be normally. You can see these fragments only from one side but I have no idea what might be the cause. Also, sometimes when the window itself doesn't break but the doors manage to open, the glass gets "copied" infront of the door. These are just minor issues with the car but it would be nice to see them fixed. The mod is still amazing and I hope you will make more ones like this. :)
    beamng1.png

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic Goosah....thank you! I was at first alarmed by the stock speed of the Sprinter and had to get used to it. I love the deform on this and now that
    I can test it I'm liking the looks of this little gem. I can't wait to watch this baby get tweaked and refined. Nice work sir!

I must get something off my chest though and this has nothing to do with individual artists creations but perhaps a workflow problem: scale.

The last two most recent vehicle releases (Sprinter & BMW), appear to be "3/4" scale in comparison to stock Beam vehicles. I'm certain the Spinter
    was indeed a small car but smaller than the Covet?? I'm not bashing anyone what so ever, it's a question I want to get answered through education.
    When I first noticed this issue I originally thought it was a T3D camera thing and in some respects it is.

My question about this is: Are vehicles being scaled to the environment or other vehicles? No doubt factory blueprint etc. data is being referenced
    but something is causing this effect. Pic below referencing perceived size difference.

screenshot_00033.jpg

If I'm smoking crack please don't be bashful in saying so.:p

6. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

Actually, I forgot to calibrate my bmw :S

Just checked, and my car is only 3% off scale.

It's not too bad.

I'm also assuming the Gravril Grand Marshal is similar to a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis

Edit:
    I also checked the sprinter's scale. It's dead on accurate.
    my measurement was 0.02% off

#126 Ky, Dec 10, 2014
  7. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The Covets wheelbase is 98in, the Corollas is 90in. The Corolla is about 5ft wide (2 average people sit shoulder to shoulder to each other and the doors), and it has 12in wheels in comparison to the Covets 14s. It is more the size of a Geo Metro, only probably still narrower, and longer. It's just shocking how small old cars are.

edit 2:

It appears there is a nasty mesh spike on the door glass mesh, its just not visible when broken due to the transparency. I'm not sure about issue 2 though, if you can get a screenshot that would be awesome.

edit 3: The missing differential/driveshaft is due to me forgetting to copy the flexbody section into the automatic differential slot. The car came with a different final drive for auto vs manual, so there are 2 diffs to reflect that.

#127 Goosah, Dec 10, 2014
  8. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

gbhn n ndvjnjagv.jpg

Here it is, I just noticed that when you close the driver's door, it appears to line up with the passenger's window but otherwise it moves along with the driver's door only.
    Hopefully it won't be that hard to figure out ;).

9. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Ah. Pretty sure I forgot to detach the mirrored part before exporting. That could be the source of the crazy spike as well. :rolleyes: Lets see if we can catch a few more bugs and I will do a 0.9.1 release. After that, I need to let this go until after Christmas at least.

10. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

Wow man this thing is excellent! :cool:

11. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

Op toyota!
    Can i Add
    Sporty wheels?? :3
    Like race covet?

12. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

So mythbusters Caddy, the B25, Jali's capri and vokswagen, Dkutch's pickup and this happen to be fantastic mods. Keep at them guys.

13. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Good luck on this Goosah , don't give up . I crashed it with a d15 and same with mr.angry , some parts of the broken window texture float in mid air

14. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

I've only tried the automatic version so far, and I love it. I noticed the missing exhaust en driveshaft like mentioned by others, but apart from that it's great. The slowness and soft suspension make it really fun to drive. It also looks really good and I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the future. This is definitely one of my favorite mods.

15. Khristopher

Khristopher
    Expand Collapse

It looks professional, man. Great work!

16. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

The Rear window lacks coltris
    2014-12-11_00001.jpg
    Also, the rear wheels are slightly off.
    2014-12-11_00002.jpg
    2014-12-11_00003.jpg

#136 Again_Dejavu, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  17. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I also happen to strongly believe that the bodywork is slightly off center to the left side, you can easily see this by looking at the wheel arches, the left wheel is "drowned" inside while the right wheel is much closer to the wheel arch. It might be the bodywork or the rear axle itself but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Thanks for listening to the feedback :)

18. blue22111

blue22111
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod!

Wonderful top speed, nice handling, Surprisingly good at mud free off-roading, acceleration is good once you get moving a bit, and I like how you made the hubcaps pop off if there is too big a collision.

Faster acceleration then most of those Russian mods and twice as controllable.

#138 blue22111, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  19. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Very nice mod but i have one important question:
    WHYYYYYYY it left handed? Wish it was RHD :3

20. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for this amazing mod, it is truly my favourite vehicle in BeamNG now. Such a nice car just for relaxed driving. It handles superbly although lacking grip is apparent (It is a 60's car I guess). I hope the finished product is even better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice