WIP Beta released 1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Update 0.9.1

Discussion in 'Land' started by Goosah, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Re: 1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter

Bug fixing update (0.9.1) incoming.

Aside from the bugs pointed out, I fixed a few I found. I also made some tweaks to the jbeam. I think the biggest changes you will notice are that it has more body roll now, and that the steering and front suspension feels more stable, with less jittery understeer. The body roll is increased because I discovered a beam that was accidentally doubling the spring rate of the front suspension. I am using measured values for the spring rates, and using the factory suspension geometry, so apparently the stock vehicle handles even worse than I thought lol. To make up for it, I gave you a Sport config with a little more power, stiffer and lower springs/dampers, and a limited slip diff.

Changelog:

Bug fixes:
    Door glass artifact
    Rear track non symmetrical
    Driveshaft+exhaust not showing in Auto/Stripped configs
    Broken beams on vehicle spawn (exhaust support beams)
    Steering shake
    Flexbody grouping issues with exhaust, brake drums, rear shocks, differential, tie rods
    Trans support beam causing door frame to buckle outwards on jump landings
    Brake drums clipping through wheel and not turning with wheel

Tweaks:
    Suspension retuned (More body roll! I discovered a bumpstop beam was accidentaly doubling the front spring rate)
    Rear bumper center attachment stronger (would break in the middle and flop around stupidly sometimes)
    Trunk attachment stronger
    Wheel attachment stronger, more likely to bend wheel
    Hubcap attachment stronger
    Roof slightly stronger
    Reduced drag and rolling resistance for more accurate top speed (80-86mph instead of 70ish)
    Tie rods now bendable/breakable
    Wheel shake reduced in general
    Added some chassis weight to match real life curb weight, added it down low and to the rear to give a more realistic CG.
    -I Tried adding more coltris to the fenders to reduce sticking on offset head on collisions. It didn't make a difference so I removed them.

New Features:
    Sport Manual config. ~15% more HP, stiffer springs/dampers, LSD differential.

I did some accel/top speed testing which might be slightly off now that I've tweaked a few things

Stock Manual
    0-60 15s
    Top Speed (airspeed) 82mph

Stock Auto
    0-60 20s (yeah, its a 2spd automatic with no lockup what do you expect??)
    Top Speed 80mph

Sport Manual
    0-60 11s
    Top Speed 86mph

#141 Goosah, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Dammit, I wish I could thank the OP again. This is truly a quality mod. Reminds me of the Miramar!

3. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

Can you make 1 drift config?? :3 more hp like 300 hp or 250? Please wanna drift on this thing
    And 1 more thing ...
    Can you put sport wheels of ibushu? Id love that :)

4. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

If you downloaded 0.9.1 in the last 40 minutes before this post, you will have a missing differential in the Sport Config. Either copy the flexbodies section from one of the other differentials in suspension_R, or re-download now!

5. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

Man, check pm's please. :D

6. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

Ok...
    Im by phone :(

7. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Nice Uptade,
    but why did you make the hubcabs stiffer? NOw they dont want to fall of.

Before i was thinkin its quite realistig in which situations they came off.
    Can you tell me how i can make them fall off easier or you make it for the next update like before?

Anyway, thanks for the great mod!

Oh: I found something, i think the shock should get strectched instead of removed from the axle right?
    screenshot_00055.jpg

#147 Jujune, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  8. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Yes, that's currently a problem because I don't have a node close enough to the lower shock mount. I tried adding a node there and it caused instability requiring me to reduce the stiffness. So, I just left it for now until someday when I can take a crack at a different axle design.

In other news, an hour after I post the update talking about how the spring stiffness was wrong, I make the epic realisation "scaleBeamSpring" applies to my suspension too. Which basically means the car was realistic before the 0.9.1 changes :mad:

As for hubcaps, I felt that because they are not full wheel hubcaps, it would take a lot more to knock them off. Full wheel hubcaps, like those on the Moonhawk, tend to pop when the wheel lip flexes too much. But the smaller hubcaps are more tenacious. If you want, you can go into ke17_hubcaps.jbeam and reduce hubcapAttachBeamDeform and hubcapAttachBeamStrength by about 500 to 1000 each.

9. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

Sent one more message. Read it. :p

10. TomiL88

TomiL88
    Expand Collapse

This is a truly great mod!
    One thing looks od and it´s the collision tri´s at the front of the car. Missing tris on right side front lamp area and why the whole col tris are not symmetrical compared to other side?

11. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

bugs...
    screenshot_00137.jpg bad position, the body deforming when you reset the car, whatch on video....
    screenshot_00138.jpg good position, not deformed...when you reset the car
    screenshot_00139.png wrong posioin...

I found this bugs in the first 5 min, maybe have more...who knows:p

#151 gmaksi83, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I was in too much of a rush, made new bugs while fixing old ones. The problem is I'm kind of bored of driving it around and testing :p I guess I'll do another release with just the fixes necessary and not fiddle with anything else :/

13. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

As i said in the community screens, i made a trailer. Hopefully somebody enjoys. Its waaay to dark :(

#153 Jujune, Dec 14, 2014
  14. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Sexy trailer! That damn headlight bucket tho! Somehow self collision was enabled for the rigidifier this whole time and wasn't a problem until this update :/

15. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

Nice cam work, but the video isn't good enough.
    1. Change camera speed in the World Editor. For Car showcasing 3-5 is perfect.
    2. You rendered it in mp4? It's dark. If yes I'm reccomending to render in .MWM. It's bettet for you. (You can watch tutorials where people's showing his render settings) Exsample :
    3. If the source is dark, add curves and make it brighter. Or you can use MBL (Magic Bullet Looks) and make it there.
    4. If your game is lagging, use Cheat Engine to slow it down (0,5) with cam 4-5 or choose cam speed to 1-2 (Car showcasing) and speed it up to 50-60%, and then make it when car is driving. And one thing more. When you're speeding up the video you have that "ghost effect". So, how to fix it? Right click on the video/switches/disable resample (IT'S FOR THIS VIDEO). If you want disable this for all project, make this Edit/switches/disable resample.
    Good luck, bro! :D

#155 FilsFilms, Dec 15, 2014
  16. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

2 words . really.nice. this update is awesome and makes the car more realistic !
    Good Luck finishing the interior !
    Best thing to see coming back home from an exhausting day from IKEA .:D

17. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome !!
    Im So happy

Attached Files:

• uploadfromtaptalk1418662732875.gif
  18. Off_mah_lawn

Off_mah_lawn
    Expand Collapse

This thing is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it! It would be insane with some larger tires though, it is lacking a bit in rear traction.

19. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

Good car! Love it.

#159 FilsFilms, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  20. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

First post updated with an awesome trailer by FilsFilms! Sorry no real progress on the Beta, I need to take some time off :/ Hope you guys are still enjoying the car!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice