WIP Beta released 1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Update 0.9.1

Discussion in 'Land' started by Goosah, Jun 24, 2014.

1. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

This car is amazing, the body is a little stiff, but to be expected for an old car made from heavier materials. Aside from that this car is perfect, suspension, the weak ass engine, and the handling all feel realistic and make it nice to drive. One of the few mods I actually really like.

2. Tyler77117

Tyler77117
    Expand Collapse

This car is AWESOME good work! Please make an ULEGAL version of this car, just for stupid burnouts :p

Attached Files:

• 1378851_826251057413620_5058809416000742438_n.jpg
    • 10501945_825755180796541_1451785830578073856_n.jpg
  3. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

I must say, this mod has one of the finest jbeam structures i've ever seen on a car, Nice job i love this.

4. Sir Weenie

Sir Weenie
    Expand Collapse

Great car! It's so cute ^-^ All little Japanese cars are cute... just look at the Aygo Geneva-2014-95.jpg It's a bit of a "shocking" looker... but I like it! Looks fun!
    honda-n-one-sales-debut-in-japan-photo-gallery-51474_1.jpg Or even this Honda "N-One", which is an odd name... Or this Mazda Demio mazda-2-2015-revealed-(3).jpg :D

5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

In what world is that a Mazda "Demio", I thought we all called it the Mazda 2

6. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

The wonderful world of Japanland!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Take some time off buddy. I think I can speak for a lot of folks in saying this mod is very cool and watching it come to fruition has been a pleasure. It really
    helps when someone is approachable, listens and can process criticism like a champ. On that note I re-read this entire thread after watching the awesome
    Fils vid and I genuinely think you need to be "assimilated" into the BeamNG development ranks.:cool:

8. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Well I've pretty much failed at taking time off, though I have been maybe slightly less obsessive. I have been trying ways to make use of Dummiesman's Soundbank Mod to get a nice engine sound, as well as doing some small tweaks/fixes.

Really the elephant in the room is the lack of texture/ao which I need to redo the UV mapping for. I just don't find that a very fun process. I promise I won't abandon it though :p

I made a pretty good engine sound with the files from GT Legends but I'm not sure if it's cool to release that? I really would rather make my own sounds somehow, but I'm no sound engineer.

[webm=]http://puu.sh/e8rdT/5a7482473c.webm[/webm]

9. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Pretty good , keep up the good work !

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I'd love new and realistic tire and crash sounds. I'm just an OCD inattentive spazz but the amount of samples needed for a proper engine or wreck seem like
    a lot of work to get just right and T3D apparently isn't well suited to the higher quality formats. No sound engineer here but .ogg isn't gonna cut it for realism.

11. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

The only problem I noticed with the engine sound was that before stopping you could hear the sound of straight cut gears which kinda appeared out of place but otherwise it sounds absolutely fantastic. As a preview it was very nice. Keep up the good work :D

12. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Straight cut gears whine under accel. Old transmissions whine under decel :) Even the t50k used in the ae86 whines a bit in decel and in 5th, there's just more sound deadening in the cabin lol.

I do admit it should be more subtle and shouldnt have gear noise when free revving but all I can do is work with the sounds I find.

#172 Goosah, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  13. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

Nice work.
    Trying it out :)

14. PhilthyM

PhilthyM
    Expand Collapse

15. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Whoa , the camera is really cool , did you modify the .jbeam file ?

16. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

This is one of the coolest car mods ever made for this game. I think it handles very realistic and at the same time it's huge fun with those skinny tires.
    You even inspired me to make a crash compilation on that car;)
    It's my first ever on BeamNG and it's nowhere near as good as the original trailer.
    If you want to check it out:

#176 Mitki4a, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  17. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

This is one of the coolest car mods ever made for this game. I think it handles very realistic and at the same time it's huge fun with those skinny tires.
    You even inspired me to make a crash compilation on that car;)
    It's my first ever on BeamNG and it's nowhere near as good as the original trailer.
    If you want to check it out:

Shift - c , set FOV , shift + u . :) you're welcome .
    For Mitki4a

#177 Dc5R, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  18. Thojolu

Thojolu
    Expand Collapse

This car is just awesome. Everytime I launch the game this last week, I played a lot with it. Good job!

19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Downloaded a fresh copy for stable and it's spawning with a bent hood and headlight reflector rim detached. Screen at instant of spawn before landing.
    No biggie, thought you should know.

screenshot_00016.png

20. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I forgot to turn off self collision for one of the nodes in the headlight bucket. In experimental it just kind of deforms, but in stable the effect is apparently worse, causing the hood to bend as well. Anyways, it's fixed on my end now. You can go into ke17_fascia.jbeam and figure out which nodes to change the self collision for based on the settings for the right side bucket. I've forgotten now since I fixed it.

v1.0 should be done in the next couple weeks to a month, which will have a lot of tweaks and fixes, new engine sound, as well as full interior/exterior textures (AO, normal map details, gauges, all the things).

The headlight thing was a bummer, I should have caught it, now I see the defect in every screenshot and video drives me nuts lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice