Released 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Hardtop

Discussion in 'Land' started by Firepower, Sep 7, 2018.

1. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

Roll cage is the first thing I'd add, though this car's pretty rigid as is.

2. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

The original Bathurst cars had them.

3. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Is the V8 Interceptor config going to be added into the mod?

4. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

The shotty is making one, page 3

5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Thank you @Firepower for this mod!

As an Aussie it's really awesome to have an Aussie car in the game,

I just have a few questions/issues:
    - In the description you stated:
    However I can only see 2 in the parts selector (232 I6 and 351 V8 - No 302 for John Goss)
    - Is there any UV maps to create skins? (haven't unzipped to mod to check yet... sorry)
    - More interior colours in future? (The John Goss came with a white interior however there is only black)
    - White wheels in future? (John Goss came with white wheels)

6. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Other engines are probably wip

7. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome ! I'm not the only author so I can't take every compliment without thinking of thanking them : HemiBoy, gabester and many more (cf. OP)

I didn't say they were in the mod yet, In fact, only the original engines from the RoR mod are included, for now anyway

That's my bad, I don't think it's in the zip. I'm gonna add it to the OP

Like I've said before, the textures are pretty old and I want to avoid "technical debt". So if I end up redoing them I'll make sure to add different colors

Definitely doable :D

Thank you for the wonderful feedback !

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. sgtflannel

sgtflannel
    Expand Collapse

awesome mod but its not in the repository

9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

But it's not going to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your in-depth answers to my questions, it is greatly appreciated! :D

After a driving and fiddling with the XB for hours my brother and I noticed a couple very minor 'issues', although none of the following requires immediate attention - if any:

- Inability to remove rear lights in the parts selector (My brother wants to create a barn find)
    - By looking closely at the below image you can see that there are no window frames on the doors (as it is a hardtop), there are only a thin chrome strips attached directly to the rear-side window. However in the in-game model, when the glass breaks, the chrome window frames are still attached to the doors, and this is technically incorrect. - I can describe this in further detail if needed.
    xb_falcon2.jpg
    (this is for all XB coupes, not just customs)

Once again these are only very small issues, and the doors only need fixing if you wish to make the car as realistic as possible

Thank you to yourself, HemiBoy, gabester and the many others for creating my dream mod! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

You have to keep in mind that this is a reeeeeeeally old mod in the grand scheme of things. While it's new to Beam, it's from Beam's immediate predecessor, Rigs of Rods. As such, it has a level of detail representative of RoR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

All things considered, I'm happy with the level of detail. The interior, in particular, is quite pleasant.

The one little thing I'm having a problem ignoring is the frontend geometry: it behaves almost like a swing-axle type with huge camber variations that are quite visible within the "normal" compression range. That makes the outside view look a bit goofy most of the time and the handling is likely a bit off.

It's still a great mod and a very good likeness of an awesome vehicle!

13. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed - At least for me, that the car handles fine even with its goofy front suspension set up - So long as you don't drive like a bogan.

14. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

*Aussie Homer Simpson* "Aaaw...but I like driving like a bogan!" (yes, I looked it up)

Joking aside, I suspect it's one of the reasons for the rather brutal onset of understeer in certain situations. Also the steering seems to require more brutal inputs (nonlinear) than should be necessary....while at the same time being rather twitchy(hence the squirrely-ness).

Meh, handling is fun enough as is, I guess.

#114 Sierra-3, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  15. astro39

astro39
    Expand Collapse

Make a ute

16. Veyron730

Veyron730
    Expand Collapse

This model wasn't available as an ute in real life afaik. Making one ingame needs remodeling entire rear end and it would take a lot of time, especially when the model comes from another game.
    Also why does people on the forums want an ute out of almost every car here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mick42711

mick42711
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod mate.(Holden guy) now any chance you could or know of works on maybe a HQ Monaro , HK even something hahahahah.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 4rtvo3mi

4rtvo3mi
    Expand Collapse

the wheel textures dont seem to work when playing on "time trails" mod... i placed material.cs in the mod folder and it works fine on "freeroam" but not on other mods , really annoying...

19. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yes there was. also there was a panel van (not much would need to be done to create a panel van from the ute model).
    ford-falcon-xb-utility.jpg 1280px-1973-76_XB_Van_Falcon_GS.jpg

If body styles can't be done I wouldn't mind seeing the XA and XC generations in the future.

#119 ktheminecraftfan, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

That would be great, however it is an old Rig of Rods mod fixed to work in BeamNG, so large modifications are unlikely
    --- Post updated ---
    These body styles also existed, I doubt they will be made for this mod, but I thought people might find it interesting
    1200px-Ford_Falcon_500_Sedan_XB.jpg xbmain.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice