Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

An American flag theme is actually what I'm going for. What I meant is, how far should the blue extend? And I honestly don't know what color the rims should be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man, nice video ! I'm an older man too, welcome to the club ! Glad you like it !
    I post your vid in the first page with the others !

3. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

My problem i think was it was coming as a shortcut for some odd reason and i didnt realize it until i unpacked it. then it put the Common and Olds file in and still wouldnt work. I finally redownloaded and it was a good file and worked. And if its a engine that was based off having stuff in the oil and shouldnt be working, it would probably blow the bearings out (sand + bearings = kaboom) so i would of enabled that lol

4. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

this is all i can say. truly mindblowing work!
    20161004174121_1.jpg

5. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Here's a little preview of a skin I attempted tonight. It's a retired highway patrol car inspired by the Bluesmobile. I've never done a mod for this game and all I did was merge the beater skin with the highway patrol skin. It needs a preview image for the vehicle configuration screen. Does it count as a skin or a mod of mod if I have a JSON and PC file that goes with it?

Attached Files:

• retired_chip_preview.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hey looks very nice ! You can do presets packs of course.
    You can ask Djplopper if he could make the presets image for you, so it will look like the other ones in the list.
    The only thing to know is that the skin pack will be called "for the Oldsfullsize add ons" and not for Oldsmobile.
    Also it's better if you call your skin like the others ones : regencysedan or delta88sedan then your skin name.
    Because there will be soon regencycoupe and delta88coupe as well.
    Can't wait to see it !

By modding i mean adding new parts or engines or modifying parts, or making an offroad version that is already being made for the mod, and so on.
    It was such a long work to do this mod that now i want to have fun with it. But i'd like all the added things would come with the proper mesh and texture work, so for exemple i will add a 6 cylinder engine with mesh, then a 6.2 chevy diesel that is a usual replacement for the 5.7 olds diesel. And as this replacement comes with a cutted oil pan and headers modificiations, i'll do them as well.

7. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Alright, cool, I'll contact Djplopper about the photo. That UV template you provide was a lot of help. Thank you for uploading it!

Is this the correct folder structure for the zip:
    • vehicles
      • oldsfullsize
        • skins
          • delta88sedan_retired_chip
            • material.cs
            • delta88sedan_retired_chip.dds
            • delta88sedan_retired_chip.jbeam
        • info_preset_delta88sedan_retired_chip.json
        • preset_delta88sedan_retired_chip.pc

8. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It seems to me perfect !
    --- Post updated ---
    Regency Coupe Wip, better hood deformation by using the latest moonhawk jbeam and adapting the latches to my cars.

It will work with the latest Moonhawk frame that allows the body to be ripped off, resulting on more spectacular effects on crashes. A lot of work still to do though.
    The coupe will be more FPS friendly, 847 nodes and 5085 beams now, working on reducing. I'll try to adapt this frame to the Sedan but with keeping the deformations i had before and that were a lot of work to set up, so not a promise, i'll try though.

• Like Like x 15
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Looks suburb.

Will there be a Delta 88 coupe? And am I right to assume that this coupe, the wagon, and the limo will be skinable too?

And here's one more suggestion: What's your thoughts on a Magic Car Sales Delta 88?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

That is just awesome. These cars are already the most hilarious things on the planet, this is going to
    be over the top!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yep, there will be a Delta 88 Coupe. It's my favorite car of all and it opens the door to the real Nascar type cars that were all Coupe in the eighties. But as for the Sedan work, i began (with huge help of Ar162B) the jbeam on the Regency and adapted to the Delta 88.

And of course they will be all skinnable. The thing is, with two sedan the mod is already 188 mb, so with 4 more bodies all with skins, i think i'll have to split the mod into six cars addon. Or three: the Sedan, The Coupe, and the Station Wagon and Pickup. So that people would download only the version they are interested in.

About a badly rusted one and the restored and based uppon Magic car sales, why not, i have only to duplicate the weak work on the Delta 88 and do the skin. So why not.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Those are four... ;)

The Regency coupe looks sweet. :)

13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

yeah i ment the station wagon and off road at once, so now you know there will be a pickup :)

• Like Like x 6
  14. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

The Regency Coupe model looks amazing. My dad's grandfather had one, grey with a white vinyl roof, no fender skirts, and the wire hubcaps.

Keep up the amazing work, Serge!

15. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Without the fender skirts it was more a Delta 88 coupe ?

16. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

No. It was still a 98 Regency.

It was like the above, minus the rear fender skirts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Lovely. This mod will just get better and better. :D

Pickup? I take it that it will be a coupe utility/ute like the El Camino?

I already love the idea.

18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yep a tuning thing like that and a wooden flatbed also to go with the flatbed Van mod from Ar162B for my own garage.

19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Ever seen when someone cuts up an El Camino to put a flatbed on it? Its a hacked up disaster.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

yeah, the way the iron panels are cutted is not nice at all. I see something more simple, just a front end cutted vertical with additionnal cab back, then a bed. Home made stuff with visible welding points and rivets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice