Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I believe as of right now, he's going to focus on things like the station wagon and coupe. The idea of doing a Caprice is on the same boat as doing a Cutlass, one thing he said is it would require more jbeam modifications.

2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    i answered already about that and someone did it also to you but anyway : the caprice is very much represented in game modding, and also the Oldsmobile mod has from start that i own a Delta 88 Sedan.
    So indeed it's the same platform, but all is completly different, interior, inner doors panels, rear quarter, front fenders, bumpers.
    It could take a week to do a Caprice, textured, with skins, i would say ok and i will be happy about it. But it's dozen of hours only for doing the model, doing cars is very time consuming.

But the nice thing is indeed that the jbeam is basically done to do a Chevy Caprice. But i'm not interested in it because i was never very passionnate about the Caprice that is more squarrish and simple than the Oldsmobile is. And it's similar in the same time, so i wanna have fun with different things. Making the coupe that can be more sports cars, and the family station wagon, then more funky stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

I like the skins that are being made.

4. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

Actually, only the 77-79 models would be more square-ish (even though they have round wheel arches). The 80 and up ones are actually a bit rounder on the sides and hood than the 88s of same vintage.

Hey, it's cool, man. Just take your time and do whatever you like, we're all better off for it.;)

5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Not trying to be rude or anything, but it seems to me that those posts about the recent update belong in the threads about the said update. It's kinda off topic here. Just saying.

6. Blitzkrieg0628

Blitzkrieg0628
    Expand Collapse

He has already stated many, many time that he cannot do that due to licensed vehicles not being allowed on the repository. Please check to see if your question has already been answered before asking it again.

Now, to your installation issues.
    Don't unzip the zip!
    Did you install it into the Documents/BeamNG.Drive/Mods folder?
    Is the mod enabled?
    Did you turn it off and back on again?

If it is indeed installed correctly, are you looking in the right place? The config pack puts the new vehicles into the same section/category as the Codename Oldsfullsize.

If you can't figure it out still then I can't help you. Also, I apologize if I sound like a jerk or if I made any spelling mistakes, I am half asleep and a bit grumpy. :rolleyes:

#946 Blitzkrieg0628, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  7. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Also i'm sorry but it's already just one mod. A mod can have many zip files, as well as official cars has many mods and skins that finally appear in the same preset list in game.
    having two zip file is the same than having just one, it just have to be in the same folder called mods. And do be properly downloaded.

• Like Like x 2
  8. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much!! Glad to know I'm not the only "gaming grandpa" around here. Haha! (for the record, I am not a grandpa, but that's how most of my subscribers seem to see me - hahaha!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Ha ha, i'm not a grand pa neither, but it happened with my white beard sometimes when i went to school with my daughter, that i've heard the Grand pa stuff as well.
    I hope to be a grand pa some day and still a gamer too !

#949 SergentFido, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

[Post Deleted]

11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Just check the first page of this thread (or page 46)

12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

White beard eh? 50 is the new 16, that's how I live:cool:.

13. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yay, that means I'll be born next year!

* Dies of time paradox *

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nikolas629

Nikolas629
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to download this using the 'Download Addons' shortcut in-game, and for some reason it's not initiating the download. The Codename.zip and Retired Highway Patrol add-on download perfectly fine. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem??

16. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

here

17. dylan.dill93

dylan.dill93
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded the original car, but I cannot get the addon cars to show up on the game? This is driving me insane, how do you do it?

18. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Did you download both files? This has been mentioned many times throughout the thread.

19. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

fido have you ever thought of a hearse

20. capt knuckl

capt knuckl
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice