Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

it's not user temp, it's "mydocuments/beamng.drive/mods"
    Any other folder won't work AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  2. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

stupid question but is there a possibility that the 3.8l v6 - 4.3l v6 and 6.6l v8 engines come in later updates? :p

3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Not stupid at all, this mod is a long term project so maybe sometimes the low powered engines will be there, as well as big blocks :)
    It's just not priority ATM.

4. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The priority is the coupe and the wagon.

5. Nikolas629

Nikolas629
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure I haven't done this wrong, as I read through the comments to make sure I was doing everything right, but first off the green install button doesn't work, and second, I installed the file, put it right into the "MyDocuments/BeamngDrive/mods" Folder and now my game crashes whenever I load it up. I took out that file, and now the game works fine. I don't know whats wrong :(

6. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Did you leave it zipped? I don't know why it would cause your game to crash.

7. Nikolas629

Nikolas629
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I didn't touch the actual folder itself, I just drag and dropped the file into the mods folder

8. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

I cant get this to work either.

Its there in my cars, I can click on one of the 20 or so styles, but it just doesnt load. Its blank. :(

9. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

Confirmed Working With 0.8.0.1
    Screenshot225.jpg screenshot_00000.jpg

10. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

Works now.

#1190 justin428, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. Urbanmaid

Urbanmaid
    Expand Collapse

Are their files has been locked?
    WHen i edit jbeam,it doesn't work anymore.

12. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

Sergentfido, AR162B and Synsol is definetly the best addon mix ever!

13. passengerpigeon

passengerpigeon
    Expand Collapse

SergentFido, is there any chance that you could add in the factory stock engine sounds for the 307, 350 and Diesel engines? All of the current sounds are of unmuffled engines, so it would be great if you could use the current exhaust sounds for "Straight Piped" versions of those engines and add muffled engine sounds to the stock engine versions ("stock" as in not modified or neglected; the tuned/drag engines and the beater engines would probably not have an exhaust with a muffler.)

14. OldSnake

OldSnake
    Expand Collapse

why this car is not released ?

Capturedcran9.png

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I used to have one of these boats with Olds 307 and straight pipes, in attachment there is recorded sounds from it.

I think that 307 version in this mod sounds perhaps bit low in rpm at 2k upwards, but not sure how @SergentFido hears it when comparing? In recorded sound clip highest rpm was 3000-3500ish, it is a long time since recorded sounds from it and had no rpm gauge, but at max rpm which was around 4000, it sounded bit of screaming.

Attached Files:

16. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

It's an easter egg that teases an future update to the mod.

17. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Do you play to the 1.0 version or to the 1.1 update ? The 1.1 has already softer sounds than the 1.0, the saturated revving sound is not there anymore.
    If you already play with the 1.1 i'd say that tuning sound is not an easy task at all and i don't focus on spending a lot of time on it, considering that at some point the game itself will have a brand new sound system (a topic spoke about that) and my further work on sounds will be obsolete if i do it now.
    Also to get proper sound i need to record them myself so it's a specific work and i'll wait untill there is some update on the engine system itself.

Fufsgfen> i heard your sounds, thanks. Unfortunatly, like thousand of youtube video they aren't good enough to be used as game engine sounds. A lot of whistles, outside noise, knocking sounds that aren't from the engine and so on. Believe me, i heard a lot, lot, lot engine sounds, and the one i used were the most interesting from the selection.
    Next step is to record real cars with a professionnal recorder.

My Oldsmobile diesel will be more or less soon able to run again, so when it's okay i'll record the engine for the need of the game audio system.
    --- Post updated ---
    Because it's not finished. And to answer the further question before it's asked : when it's ready :D

#1197 SergentFido, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes, I know that sadly those sounds are not any good for game, I have made quite some engine sounds myself and it is exactly like you say, you can cut only so much frequencies out until you loose the sound :(

My experience is that any device that does auto leveling of volume is useless for recording sounds. I have tried to record so many times from own cars that Audacity + laptop is really only way, holding rpm against brake etc. to keep rpm rather steady and hoping there is no any extra sound picked up by a mic, that is the hard part I would say.

One of the best recordings that I have heard have been with two microphones, one near exhaust, another in engine bay, naturally heavy wind protection needed and some clever mounting, but rather simple setup some can create incredible good recordings.

So those sounds really work only as a reference and of course when you have car going you get all reference you need IRL :)

I can have a play with the sbeam if you want, might be wasted effort in 1-2 months time, but I don't mind, I'm here to do things, keep my brain ticking and maybe get to help some people once and for a while :)

19. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Well you know, thanks but as said before, the game will have another sound system so it doesn't really worth the work now.
    The engine sound is always the same, inside the car or near the exhaust, it doesn't really have space depth so i'd rather wait for this part that a more challenging work could be done based uppon the definitive engine and general sound system of this game. Also another thing, i spent a lot of time on those sound anyway, and even if they are placeholder just to not have always this same basic V8 sound for all cars we have by default, if you do some work on the sbeam i'm pretty sure somebody will complain or have an idea about how it could be better.
    It's not a big deal now, the mod is enjoyable, let's wait a bit to see how to make it progress in the future, based on the updated game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

I love the mod. I bet you have already answered this, but is there still progress on the coupe and wagon? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice