Released 1980's Range Rover classic by NRS91, Fradias. Dkutch, Mythbuster

Discussion in 'Land' started by Mythbuster, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Except most of the developers of this game started in RoR, the game uses the exact same nodes-and-beams-skeleton-with-a-flexbody-on-it concept for its physics as RoR(though far more complicated and completely reworked), and the process of creating cars is, although far more expansive, the exact same concept as it was in RoR, but yes... other than that, nothing at all...:rolleyes:

Well... Yes and no. What they fixed is that it's a lot harder to pierce a node straight through a collision triangle (in other words, in RoR you only needed a low speed collision before the games calculations couldn't keep up anymore and let 2 cars intersect. In BeamNG you need a LOT more force(/speed) before this happens, and I think it actually only happens when the cars deform in such an extreme way that parts of the collision mesh turn inside out. Imho in a physics engine like this, it's amazing the devs even got it that stable).

The no part is that I just haven't added collision to the Range Rover at all I think, so it's not the games fault they intersect like that, so from that view, the bug wasn't patched since RoR lol, because I created that error myself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr3w1248

Dr3w1248
    Expand Collapse

This is my luxury crawler in BeamNG, sounds like MythBuster is Russian but, this is the nicest Russian mod out there, (IDK if this is Russian?) I would scream at you to download this epic car :D

3. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

It is a really good off-roader. I feel that it gets the job done well. But, it could use a stiffer suspension. That is all I have to complain about.:cool:

4. epikniseddie

epikniseddie
    Expand Collapse

THIS THING IS AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE:D:D:D:D:D:D

but.... I can't change the color..:confused:

IT'S AWESOME ANYWAY
    look at this steep hill! it CLIMBED THAT. YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, IT CLIMBED THAT. THE BEST OFFROADER EVER.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00025.png
  5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Lolololol no I'm not Russian mate. I'm Dutch. I'm putting the Russian text there because those idiots keep stealing my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Wow! See, my heritage is Norwegian. But, my name is Dutch. I will put it out there if you'd like. I mean that my first name is Dutch. I haven't a clue on the rest of it.

7. MrKote

MrKote
    Expand Collapse

Ahahahaha, "Русские монголы"... :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cytotoxin

Cytotoxin
    Expand Collapse

"Русские монголы" :) порадовал меня русского :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. kruleworld

kruleworld
    Expand Collapse

True IRL too

Is this going to be updated to newest version?

10. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Is there a button to switch between hi/low range when the hi/low range tranny is installed? Thanks! and sorry for the bump.

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

No offence but this mod refused to work for me but I figured it out in the end because it regenerated a file inside the zip folder that I had to delete to get this mod working...you may need to look into that

I am finding it fun crashing into things with it :D

@Mythbuster could you have a look at that file issue I brought up or one of the devs who made this mod please look into it...its a very annoying bug...

#51 RobertGracie, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  12. AppleUserGetOverIt

AppleUserGetOverIt
    Expand Collapse

nice to see some quality British Leyland in BeamNG :)

Keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice