WIP 1983-2001 Jeep Cherokee & Comanche (XJ and MJ)

Discussion in 'Land' started by atomspeed123, Apr 1, 2020.

1. CaptainsundevilMC

CaptainsundevilMC
    Expand Collapse

glad to see this is still in progress!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CC916

CC916
    Expand Collapse

is it still in the works now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yeetfurry

yeetfurry
    Expand Collapse

The other unfinished mods seem pretty cool too, it'd be nice to have Suzuki SJ, and we are kinda lackin old SUV's, I would love to see more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

A small update for those still following the mod.

My Saab has earnt me my driving license in real life. So, now I can commute to work and back in my car. This leaves me usually an extra 30-40 minutes of extra time every day after work to progress on the Jeep. The lack of updates has been criminal but the sad truth was, long working hours combined with Greater London's public transport network left me no spare time. Now I have some! And I'm already making use of it.

As I have been lurking around patiently, waiting to pass my driving test, I'm glad to see some of the features I was planning have been added natively such as functional odometers, opening doors, animated components and so on. I'm very excited to add all this functionality, as it was my goal to implement these myself already. It will now be much easier.

• Like Like x 29
  5. John Hunter

John Hunter
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations on your license!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the license, I can’t wait to see more about the Jeep!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SAEN

SAEN
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad to hear these good news about your real life.Try to deal with the time of work and rest~(〃'▽'〃)
    I think a good mod needs to work slowly.So don't let mod occupy your life too much.Compared with these virtual cars, we prefer to see a person can live restfully in his life.Keep your love for games in your spare time, and don't make your body too tired.
    Finally, we hope this mod goes well.Thank you for your efforts so far.٩(๑•̀ω•́๑)۶

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

greater london's public transport system is the reason I am so eager to get my license

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

this is the most excited i have ever been for a mod and did you know that in a car crusher these jeeps get really flat flatter than a normal car does i mean

10. KyotoBlissard

KyotoBlissard
    Expand Collapse

This is very exciting, I am looking forward to seeing more! Also, if you finish the Suzuki, you will be my favorite person.

11. murph.vienna

murph.vienna
    Expand Collapse

FINALLY THE BLACKFFOT WILL GET A PREDACESSORERRRRRRRRRRRRR

12. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

nevermind

13. riplay56

riplay56
    Expand Collapse

Nice! cant wait to see some updates soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LPerez94

LPerez94
    Expand Collapse

Cool mod.. Can't wait for this. I wanna wheel a midsize 4x4

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Some more panels are being provisionally finished to put into the game. The way it works is simple, I've been making each new part to a good standard, not the best standard, which allows the mod to progress smoothly without worrying about tiny details. That way I can (and will) come back to the parts that need improvement later, after the whole car is assembled. This also means I'll be working with the team of owners/testers to judge which parts need more time or attention, and which don't. Like gabester once said, 99% of the time, some parts of the car won't ever be seen so most people will not care.

If I spent my time worrying about making everything perfect, then this mod would never reach your hard drives. Some of you don't need reminding that it's been 5 years since the Blackfoot came out!
    screenshot_2023-05-07_07-57-56.png

screenshot_2023-05-07_08-00-04.png
    More progress is on the way.

• Like Like x 25
  16. SAEN

SAEN
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad to see that the development of this mod is on track!٩(๑•ㅂ•)۶
    Thank you for all you have done for us. I wish you all the best in your future work about this mod and your real life!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Stegorex

Stegorex
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1995 Country 4dr 4wd with an aftermarket front and rear bumper, roof rack, 3.5in lift and 31 inch tires any chance I could get close to that? And also any ballpark date on when this mod will be released? I realize you have a life and not just modding so take your time do it right.

18. LukesterIncorporated

LukesterIncorporated
    Expand Collapse

2001 4dr 4wd Classic owner here, I must say this is one of the most impressive mods I've seen on BeamNG so far! I do have a couple questions though.

-Do you have some sort of Patreon (or really anything else like that)?
    -Will there be an adjustable lift size?
    -Is there any possibility of pod lights? (Lights that attach to the A-pillar, for example at the bottom of my windshield frame on either side I have a 2" cube LED light)
    -And lastly, are license plate light pod mounts going to be implemented? I know this is a bit niche and uncommon but figured I might as well ask.

Thank you & Good luck with the project!

19. FlashStopFall

FlashStopFall
    Expand Collapse

This has been said time and time again, but this is my favorite BeamNG mod of all time, and one of my favorite vehicles. The original Blackfoot mod inspired me to do my own modding, and I've just gotten started modding the Blackfoot for my own education. So glad you are still working on this project!! If I had the time to learn and create it, I would do the same! I personally work best on my own, but if you ever need any help, I'd be glad to do so. This is the coolest project in BeamNG.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sue_bangert

sue_bangert
    Expand Collapse

If you want lots of additional photo scans for the USDM Cherokee. I'm your guy. I can take exterior parts off my jeep very easily, snap any angle, and have you scan it. like I, you and everybody else in BeamNG, we want this badly. I also have a cleaned and detailed engine bay if you need lots of detail there, and all the factory stickers as well that can assist with accuracy, except for the Bar codes on the valve cover, those have vanished like lots of other jeeps, but should not be hard at all to duplicate. This picture is from early 2023 and the engine bay has been cleaned further and looks way better than that photo. Whats pretty interesting is that I have a factory modification sticker for a PCM Flash. Ill take a pic of that one day and post it because I find it interesting.
    I will get updated pictures soon.

Note: I still have the ability to record engine sounds, and I am alot more mechanically inclined, so if you do not want that fan noise then it will be very easy. of course in the winter so I don't overheat my 0331 head.

IMG_E6056.jpg IMG_E6054.jpg Untitled.png

OEM Trim texture. IMG_7091.jpg

My email is, ( dellbearwoodnonestricted2@gmail.com ). I may not look at my inbox often, but when I do, I read all of my notifications thoroughly. In addition, and if possible, I saw a discord server was used but the invite link is invalid. Proof is that discord is a much better comm platform than email. So if an invite can be established I would gladly help you along with this ambitious (but very hopefully not rubbish) project

Wish you luck!

#260 sue_bangert, Aug 20, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 16
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice