Cancelled 1995 Freightliner FLD120 Century

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Treevus, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Updating more often is good :p
    Love how fast & accurately you model.

oh, & on my "longer rear" post (& your reply) you're right, I googled some images of the truck, & your length is spot-on,
    It's just that I love long rears (with those nasty side lights & protection panels) ;)

2. rossbig

rossbig
    Expand Collapse

wow i would like see what this would do in a crash

3. Excisionized

Excisionized
    Expand Collapse

You're modeling skills are getting better and better keep it up bro.

4. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much guys, your replies really give me the motivation to keep going with this. :D And I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about crashes yet, since a semi hood is made of fiberglass it would break as opposed to crushing, which AFAIK can't be done in BeamNG. But if the devs make some sort of breaking system for objects, I don't see why I couldn't do it that way. We'll just have to see, in the mean-time I'll just keep modelling. ;)

5. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

If you think about it, most modern vehicles have plastic bumpers. So the hood bending like metal won't be so bad :p

6. duramax3500

duramax3500
    Expand Collapse

How do you make a car/truck for BeamNG? Is there a tutorial? (on-topic) EPIC!!! I will definitely drive this, hopefully with a trailer.

7. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Haha, true. But plastic isn't as rigid as fiberglass, so they don't behave the same. Either way, I just hope I'll be able to make the crash physics at least somewhat realistic.

You have to model it in a program such as Blender, AC3D, 3DS Max, etc. then create an N/B (Node/Beam) structure for your model to be placed on. Sadly, there isn't a tutorial yet. I'm sure one will become available when the game comes out.

Thanks for the compliment though. :)

8. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Did anyone say day-cab? More updates to come.

RENDER_24.jpg

RENDER_25.jpg

9. Fradias

Fradias
    Expand Collapse

Very nice! :) Though the second pic seems to look a bit shrinked, maybe you should make the frame a bit longer for that version :)

10. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I know they look a bit weird and maybe too short, but that's due to the angle of the render and them still being tandem-axle. Once I have some single axle versions, they will look a lot better. ;)

11. duramax3500

duramax3500
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help, but you lost me a N/B... I'm a noob at modeling :)

12. Excisionized

Excisionized
    Expand Collapse

I love it man, keep it up.

13. MrSteakPotato

MrSteakPotato
    Expand Collapse

N/B Is the physical structure of all vehicles in BeamNG.

14. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

I know there haven't been any updates on this for quite some time, and that's because, well, there hasn't been any work on it. :p And after playing DRIVE yesterday, I found that my computer is severly lacking in power to run BeamNG.

So until I can make up enough money to afford a gaming rig, all of my projects are on hold.

15. NikeLover

NikeLover
    Expand Collapse

Aw man, I am jealous that you made the first semi here! Nice work, please put a detailed sleeper in the back! I hate when I download a truck in Rigs of Rods, for example, and the sleeper is just empty!

16. rossbig

rossbig
    Expand Collapse

when will you be able to download it for beamng?

17. Flegmatica

Flegmatica
    Expand Collapse

I really cannot wait this, the best havoc you can do is with massive force, and this delivers. This vs Ibishu Covet... excitement overload! :D

18. duramax3500

duramax3500
    Expand Collapse

I got a $600 laptop at Bestbuy.com that meets the High-end requirements for the game...Have you looked there yet?

19. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Hehe, sorry man. But the sleeper is pretty detailed IMO, and I look to add even more. :)

In-case you didn't notice, the truck is on hold until I get a computer worthy of running BeamNG. So considering that, and the fact that I haven't even started the N/B structure, you'll have to wait quite a long time for it.

Lol, that will be fun. :p

I haven't looked there since I plan to build my own gaming rig, seeing as I don't need portability, a laptop would be a waste of money to me. Plus, it's a lot more bang-for-your-buck to build your own computer. And even it being $600, I have next to no money starting out, so anything you could suggest is out of my price-range. :/

20. cruisn64

cruisn64
    Expand Collapse

lol. what are the specs?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice