On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

I've been helping out the team a bit, mainly do some jbeam cleanup, fix a few issues and rework some things.

Here's a demo of the new door rails, which now allow for latch breakages.

• Like Like x 26
  2. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Cool!!!! Did you make a render of the kurisu model with the kashira or did you put kurisu into the game?

3. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

It's a render in Blender, without background. I put background and some overlays over a render in Photoshop. I've got CC license model for program called MikuMikuDance. However smaller version of this model (and simplified) is in-game as Kashira dashboard accessory ;)

Also I converted Kashira from old ESC to new drivingDynamics system and here is a result on roller test (WIP):

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I have some technical questions:

Powertrain:

4WD Hi/Lo Transfer Case --> I
    understand that you can set high and low for offroading. Can disconnect aft wheels. Regularly drives all 4 wheels.

4WD Transfer Case -->
    As above but without high and low switch

FWD Transfer Case -->
    Front-wheel drive only

Race AWD Transfer Case -->
    All wheels are driven, no disconnecting option

RWD Transfer Case -->
    Rear-wheel drive only

Viscous AWD Transfer Case -->
    All wheels are driven, no disconnecting option.

What is the difference between Vicous AWD Transfer Case and Race AWD Transfer Case?It seems to be identical on a test on the new rollers?

Is there a difference between 4WD and AWD if you dont disconnect the aft wheels?

ESC/Future Drive Modes:

What is the difference between the regular ESC and the Offroad ESC?

What are the differences between Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 electric ESC?

Electric Version:

• Could it be that 207 HP rear motor should actually be the front one and vice versa? Right now you can only have 323 HP front one or 207 HP rear one which makes single motor configurations either spin wheels a lot (323 HP front) or be even more aft heavy (207 HP rear)
    • Weight distribution is the biggest issue of the electric Kashira, having both more of the battery weight in the rear and missing the heavy frontal ICE and transmission. As a result, the vehicle has a positive pitch... meaning that it "looks" upwards. You really want to have a front electric motor to give it a more reasonable stance.
    • The forward engine bay is completly empty... (rear motor variant)... what about the idea of an "crash protection engine bay roll cage" that acts both as an counterweight and for better crash safety? Basically a roll cage that is inside the engine bay

Vehicle parts mass lists --> just for everyones information:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bBtRPChCHq8Phr-j9UXz4_puF2-0DsBtSV5x6DbK9MI/edit?usp=sharing

5. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for valuable information. But why?
    Even thought mod is quite outdated right now so it's pointless to make post like this. However I'll try to respond to some questions.

This version uses old esc, so it wasn't big difference, but off-road esc works better... in off-road!
    Just look one post above your, where I showed new Off-road ESC.

Left over from eSBR since ev kashira is "eSBR custom swap". For more information look above.

As above.

As name says, Race AWD Transfer Case is for racing, not rollers. You can change settings for it in tuning tab.

You should drive with disconnected rear wheels with 4WD transfer case to save fuel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alzer07

Alzer07
    Expand Collapse

Really happy to see what's comming ! One of my favorite !
    Also i'm reporting a bug/problem with the Kashira (I'm not used to do that ^^" ), so, the steering seems "pretty fragile" and "wobbly", it's there from the first release of the Gen 2, i'll explain...

When I give some gas at full lock in reverse (it's precise I know) the engine is forcing on the wheel inside the turn, even more with the locking front differential :

But the problem is, in off-road situation (with the versions: MR-V XS, MR-V XSR and the Waboll's Custom adventure van) (Mostly the 2 mid/high trim MR-V versions), so the versions with a locking front differential, the steering have a tendency to break in revese at full lock, pretty often in off-road :

For those exemples I drove it "a bit hard" but sometime it's breakig in "more reasonable" off road driving + the clutch is often overheating on the versions without the low range gearbox

#2126 Alzer07, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KValda

KValda
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys please try connect it with "Customizable Engines and Drivetrains" for a more interesting experience, it should not be difficult or just make the engines more powerful in any way. Thanks in advance.

8. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Small Update this time as video!
    This video shows new config for european version of Kashira - Amateur Rally :)

• Like Like x 16
  9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Pretty excited for the update, it will be a while, though.
    Also do the USDM and JDM versions have different thumbnails for the main photo?

10. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Now EU, JDM and USDM are visible as three different vehicles in selector.
    upload_2020-5-27_16-57-29.png

• Like Like x 12
  11. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

this will be very easier to select which one

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I knew that, but I was wondering how they look in the selector. (I like it) What are the visual dfferences?

13. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

I'd assume that latch damage would come about by jiggling the doors

14. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Each area’s Kashira has minor visual changes to differentiate it from other markets (lights, bumpers, LHD vs RHD, etc.), but all parts are accessible and interchangeable in each version’s part selector. We wanted to make it a bit easier to navigate the vehicle selector since there are so many configurations now, but we also didn’t want to limit certain parts to certain versions, so this is the best solution we came up with.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

when do you update this beautiful mod? i would like to drive all of these coming soon configurations =)

16. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

We’re hoping to have everything ready within the next month! Most of the content is finished, we just need to do (a lot) of bugfixing now...

• Like Like x 8
  17. SubaruSVX

SubaruSVX
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready, it'll be ready.

Edit: Oh. Normally, when I see posts like that... Sorry.

18. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Most promising. :)

19. iPlayzTG-BMG

iPlayzTG-BMG
    Expand Collapse

Thisssss...

20. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

thank u so much :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice