On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. Lewhik

Lewhik
    Expand Collapse

Oh that's interesting, thanks!

2. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Round 2 of answering some more feedback listed below:
    I honestly have no clue why you still have some material issues, since most people have no problems. Be absolutely certain that you got the latest version of the mod on the repository. Then, consider deleting the vehicles folder (by default, the file path is C:\Users\[your username here]\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.25), but close the game first and make a backup of this folder if you have any custom configurations saved. At the same time, delete the temp folder; this clears the cache in case you're wondering. Finally, launch the game and see if the issue is resolved. You can then move back the custom configurations afterwards.

If the issue persists, try the mod on another computer and see if you can use the mod without any problems. If so, then there's something on your main computer that's causing the problem. This is already giving me déjà vu if you ask me...
    Originally, the tag on the repository listed Outdated when it wasn't updated for the past 2 years. According to Car_Killer, changing it to Unsupported is meant to indicate that the mod still works, but won't be further maintained by the original author (in this case, Re:Z_IA). Given my past involvement with the mod, I will try my best to maintain it, but any updates on the repository will have to be done by Car_Killer himself.

However, this may cause the unintended effect of the mod being disabled in-game, so one way around it that works for me is to manually download and install the mod (instead of doing that automatically in-game), and then rename the .zip file. I highly recommend merging the contents of the generation 1 Kashira to the compressed file as it, too, has been updated recently. By doing all of this, the game will not disable the mod despite the Unsupported tag.

If it does become a significant issue, then Car_Killer may remove the tag. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused :(
    Yes, the glass tends to visually bug out sometimes, but that's due to the game engine in regards to tinted glass, as JowoX90 pointed out. It doesn't happen all the time, but if it does, then you can fix this with Ctrl + R until the glass appears normal again. There isn't much I can do to fix this otherwise, as it applies to all three regional variants.

And if you have read my previous post, then I have already planned the updated lightbars from 0.25 in a future update (it was meant to be included with this one but I lost this change just before the release). In fact, I've already got them (and the universal roof bars and loads) reimplemented for the most part. The only thing left to do is position the spotlights, but they are very annoying to work with :mad:

Thanks to everyone who have left positive comments with this update, enjoy as always :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Some configs are missing tires

4. Alecocluc

Alecocluc
    Expand Collapse

alright thanks to both of you! :))

5. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Again? I was pretty certain that the issue with missing tires was already resolved. You can clearly see that in the thumbnails; none of them spawned without tires.

Of course, you can manually add back the tires in the parts selection menu, but this will become tedious over time. Please specify which configurations in particular so that I may take a closer look at this problem for the second time.

6. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

So far I only found the 2.5TD 4WD with the bug, I'll update when I find more

7. hey_big

hey_big
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-6-30_16-56-25.png
    Texture problems fixed themselves:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Is it just me or beater hubcaps have no textures? And lowrider hydraulics are still not fixed, the sound node isn't connected to anything at all. You still can't add 2 lightbars at the same time without weird side effects like most often instability. Metallic flake paint was supposed to be removed but it's still there for me in skin selector. Broken parts let you select normal widebody which looks weird. Fasteners are invisible. LeGran intake has no textures for me, maybe cache issue but idk, someone else should confirm. Some configs show dozens of console errors (that's not a big issue but still). And lastly stuff was supposed to be renamed to prevent mod conflicts but judging by the files only a small bit of it was renamed and most materials and textures still have old names. Overall really cool that at least it works properly again though, I missed this mod.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GEKA

GEKA
    Expand Collapse

The caps really have a NOTEXTURE inscription on top of the texture

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

does this happen on anyone else's end?
    upload_2022-6-30_18-54-6.jpeg
    i have the textures needed for it if it is a bug

11. hey_big

hey_big
    Expand Collapse

yeah this appears for me on supercharger

12. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback! After reading your comments, I can now understand what it was like for a public release to go wrong in some ways, much like the 126p Maluch update you have worked on. I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge:
    • Regarding the old beater hubcaps, the specular map was broken in 0.25 due to the remastered Ibishu hubcaps that possibly indicates the upcoming Covet remaster. I have fixed this issue.
    • The hydraulic suspensions for the Lowrider configuration have been broken for a long time, and technically, it still functions to some extent. This is something that I will have to look further into by contacting the proper channels, as the system is too complicated for me to understand and fix appropriately.
    • In the process of updating the lightbars, I have addressed the issue of not being able to use 2 of them simultaneously: one on the roof, and another on the emergency stand. This is due to both using the same node names, resulting in an instability when the game cannot determine which nodes belong to which lightbar. After fixing this, I have tested every single combination, and all of them now work as intended.
    • Since a good portion of the configurations rely on them, those "metallic flake" paint skins that remain are currently a placeholder while a truly paintable metallic skin option is being worked on. Despite being adapted to PBR materials like all other skins, I will admit they aren't as impressive today. They will remain until the latter is fully functional, at which point the former will be fully removed in a future update. The rest of the older metallic stuff were removed though, resulting in a decreased file size.
    • The parts selection menu is a bit disorganized, which is likely why you will encounter some incompatible parts. Attempts will be made to clean it up.
    • Invisible fasteners will be addressed. It'd be appreciated if you can specify which ones so that I can fix them ASAP.
    • Most of the console errors I have received pertain to the in-game digital clock or a missing part option. I'll continue to look into the console for any additional errors it throws out for each and every configuration, and then fix them accordingly.
    • Finally, while I have attempted to futureproof the Kashira as much as possible, a good portion of the assets used are taken from other official content vehicles. Because I cannot predict the future (although I wish I could), some things are bound to break in future updates. That being said, if a major update changes something and results in the mod breaking in some form, then a hotfix update will be dispatched as soon as possible.

And thank you to everyone who have reported the no texture issues on the supercharger, as it was taken from the LeGran prior to its 0.22 remaster. It was somehow overlooked prior to the update, and like the beater hubcaps, this has been fixed.

I am hopeful that the next update will be released in early July, which will fix some issues currently present in this update, and add the long-awaited updated lightbars, as well as the universal roof bars and loads. As always, please continue to provide additional feedback on this update, and any help regarding the current known issues is appreciated :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. le beam

le beam
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am a big fan of this mod, good job fixing it up! One suggestion is if its possible is merge most of the configs in the vehicler selector into one car (Instead of seperate EU/JDM/US) and remove a few. If its possible I would really like to have that feature! Thanks!

14. person guy

person guy
    Expand Collapse

Just a question, but does anyone here know what are the rear EU plate coordinations (a.k.a "pos" and "rot" coordinations 'x', 'y' and 'z' when typing into Notepad++)? I'm making a mod that adds support to @JorgePinto's European license plate pack to some mod cars that don't support the yellow rear plates included in that mod, even though they should, and the Kashira is one of them. I'm currently using the coordinations given to me from @PanHubert's Finnish license plates mod, and it looks like this: screenshot_2022-07-01_01-06-48.png

15. PanHubert

PanHubert
    Expand Collapse

You probably added "52-11-r4" plates, and the "r4" stands for plates curvature, the "52-11" is clear straight plate
    Idk if you understand me

16. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

it looks like it's curved. try removing the r in the bit where it says "licenceplate-yellow-r4" or something

17. person guy

person guy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for telling me how to fix this but over in my time zone it's almost 2 AM right now, so expect to wait some hours for an update on this.

18. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Alright, so I have taken a look at the configurations, and they were a complete mess. Many of them had the incorrect tires set, which could explain why some of them spawned with no tires. By the time you have read this post, they have been addressed; same goes for the lightbar spotlights ;)

While I am wrapping a few things up before pushing out a hotfix to the repository, I'll answer a few more questions and comments...
    Thank you for bringing this up! I appreciate the concern regarding the separation of the three regional variants. Not everyone is a huge fan of this change present on the second generation Kashira; some people like me are totally fine with the current layout though. While I could technically compile all of the configurations into one vehicle slot, this would require additional changes to revert o_O

As far as I know, the reason it was split into 3 different vehicle slots to begin with is to reduce clutter with the number of configurations present in one slot. The idea back then was that other regional variants would receive more configurations over time, and so far, the US market has the most configurations at 46. In contrast, the Gavril D-Series previously had even more configurations filled in, but the developers cleaned them up in order to reduce lag, given the game engine's limitations. Even then, it still has one of the most configurations of any official content vehicle.

While I can't guarantee this rollback, it isn't ruled out completely. Who knows?
    You can access the location, rotation, and scale coordinates of the license plate JBeam file with the following file directory path inside the mod: vehicles\common\reziavan. This is where most of the mod's core files are located. I hope this information helps :)
    Thanks for the compliment! I guess you can take some more screenshots that might be used for the upcoming repository update listing :p

19. person guy

person guy
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2022-07-01_08-38-53.png
    got it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lewhik

Lewhik
    Expand Collapse

Only checked Lowrider yet, still broken, plus multiple Keybinds are already used elsewhere by the Game or the Mod itself

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice