1995 Rover 200

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by DanniBee, Mar 10, 2013.

1. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

DanniBee's Workshop

Hey, figured I might as well start a new thread since I posted some progress last night.

I'm modelling a 1995 Rover 200, which at the time was one of the best selling cars in Britain, whether it was a decent car however leaves much to be questioned.

Thus naturally it will be Right Hand Drive, I may change that later but for now that's what I'm sticking to, thankfully I found some decent blueprints to work from and this is actually the first time I've modelled a car in Blender.

L9PArQE.jpg

Anyway, here's a progress shot, the bonnet and front panel are done..

I will post more progress when I actually make some :p

#1 DanniBee, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

Not bad :)

3. BeamNGist

BeamNGist
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you got something slightly wrong with the bonnet.
    Yours seems to be shaped like a 'V' (you know, lowest point in the middle and raises to the sides)
    On the photo of the real car it is more like a 'W' (up on the left, then down a bit, up again in the middle, then down again and up un the right)
    Hope you can figure out what i meant there ;) Good luck, i hate these cars! :D

4. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

5. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the blueprints, luckily I already have them on Blender ;)

Anyhow, redid the bonnet entirely to fix the shape and adjusted the space for the headlights, it looks much better now:

TBzvvKi.png

[Edit] Bumper too yo...

O2z3B8Y.png

#5 DanniBee, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

A word of advice: it's best to start with as few polygons as possible and only add them where needed. You already have more polygons that you know what to do with and the model is becoming messy and lumpy.

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Looks like pure gold compared to a lot of people's first belnder cars. :D

8. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

Cool mesh :cool:

9. Sh3lbYe

Sh3lbYe
    Expand Collapse

So this was the rover u talking about looks epic :).

by the way, i am that guy who is doing a renault scenic.

10. djmengu

djmengu
    Expand Collapse

Your topology seems messy, it's better for you to start this project from scratch. Try using edge loop/sub div modeling as possible, also don't tessellate your polygons it's either the duty of blender or torque3d.

11. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

In all honestly you're right, I jumped head-first into this without actually considering what I was doing with the model. I will try again after I have learnt all the right modelling methods and perhaps stick to a boxier car than the 200, shame but that may still come later. :(

12. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Well there can be messy things but althrough the project is going to be great. keep going!

13. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

Started on a small 90's Fiat, any tips for improving this mesh so far?

Capture.PNG

14. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

You should put a hood scoop on it.
    JK.
    Looks good to me so far.

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Underneath the wing mirror looks a bit dodgy. Where you have vertices in the side of a face with no connection to the face.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to model a 2001 Toyota Highlander with blender. Do you use a grid and just extrude and loop cut it or what. I have watched many tutorials and those people always make fancy shiny cars. I just want to make a mesh.Anyone that knows what they're doing, Please reply.

17. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much you described, I extruded out the side of the vehicle and then moved the vertices corresponding to different viewpoints to get that basic shape right. And any other bit of extra detail has been added with proportional extrusions or loop cuts.

Anyhow, basic shape of the Cinquecento is done, yet for some reason it looks all wrong to me, there's something about the front that is way off. I can't figure out what however.

Capture.PNG

18. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the windscreen placement is wrong to me. The angle between the roof and the windscreen should be sharper, and the place where the bottom of the windscreen is, seems wrong. It should be further back I think. Perhaps your blueprints have a lot of perspective in them?

(imported from here)

19. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Maybe just a little bit back, the door is right behind the wheel and that's pretty much the same as in the model, but the windshield seems too smooth on the roof.

20. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure it's the blueprints, but I can tell I need to redo the entire front roof and windscreen.Hell, I think I need to scrap the roof and windows. It's all far too inaccurate; way too gentle in my model and vaguely resembles the car at all.
    Thankfully the body shape doesn't seem too bad..

BACK.png LEFT.png TOP.png FRONT.png

Here's the blueprints by the way, I always struggle to find decent, high quality ones that aren't costly vectors.. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice