1995 Rover 200

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by DanniBee, Mar 10, 2013.

1. siebeiscool

siebeiscool
    Expand Collapse

i mean my post might be quite useless.
    because the name of the thread doesnt realley matter.
    but i just wanted to mention it.

2. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

T_T
    True. Now that I look at it now instead of 1:00 in the morning.... :D I fixed it

Your post isn't useless. It brings up a good point.

#42 ThingThing62, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  3. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I have messaged the mods about changing the thread title, don't worry. Although I'd like to use this thread for all my future projects anyway, the title needs a change.

4. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

This update is much over due but it's better than nothing, right?

Basic Low-poly bodyshell for the Cinquecento is done:

Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    And that of course leaves me wondering, where should I go from here?
    This is the first time I've properly modelled something and I'm curious as to how to make the panel gaps and interior, as well as most of the technical parts.
    That being said I'm also quite confused as to how to model most of the other bits, do I only model what is visible?
    And one final thing, can you essentially model a part like a wing-mirror and just stick it on the outside without connecting it via vertices? Every time I've tried it just makes a new model thing..

#44 DanniBee, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Gabester may help you with that.

6. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Making parts such as doors and mirrors is preferred, 1) for the physics, vertices will drag each other and behave like glue otherwise 2) they will look better, because the visuals won't be messed up if they fall off.
    I know gabester modeled pretty much everything; suspension to interior, my guess is most polies in the body and interior while lower poly count on the engine and the suspension etc.

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

From what i understand you are best of creating 1 model and the "cutting" parts of it to be individual, that way all of the lines match up perfectly. You don't want the model to be too high poly for fps reasons but gabester tends to model the frame of the car as well as the individual body panels that cover that frame, this allows for certain body parts to peel or bend off the car.

Wheels should be made separately from the car though, but you can make them in the same save file and export them individually, just like you would do with the rest of the individual files. You then attach each one of those 3d models together in the game using (what i presume will be) a node and beam system just like in ror. The ror wiki may be able to help you on many matters like this because of similarities between the two projects. But dont worry about anything other than the 3d model for the moment as we dont yet know how to create the NB file and what format it will be in.

8. Frypot

Frypot
    Expand Collapse

This excites me my first car (it died a couple months back) was a Y reg Rover 25. Can't wait for this to be finished.

9. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I've got to finish the Fiat first and then I may think about re-doing the Rover with my newly acquired modelling skill (or lack of it). They are a great first car though, although the older ones with the Civic engines are my personal favourite, and I will focus on trying to add some more cars that are common on British roads. I have also started a Mondeo estate but I haven't got far enough to show anything of it.

10. tenpastnine

tenpastnine
    Expand Collapse

Heya!
    Are these projects still on?:confused:

I would love to wreck a Rover, and I have a 1995 Fiat Cinquecento so that would be awesome too!

If you need any photos for the Fiat Cinquecento i can get them for you! I got the 1.1 thou, but i probably could get you some of the 899cc too if that is the one your making.
    Thanks!

(I also have some pictures of the one i rolled)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice