2 Car Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by GingerPunk603, Jul 26, 2014.

1. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Ok, here's a few car suggestions that I started thinking of last night and decided to share with the BeamNG community. Both of these mods are modified versions of current BeamNG cars, and they were both inspired by what AR162B did with the D-Series and what he's doing with the Moonhawk. BTW, you should check out both of those threads, they're really worth looking into. Anyway, on with the cars!

CAR 1: Civetta Bolide Roadster

Every company that's ever built a sportscar, supercar, and/or hypercar will tell you that convertibles are VERY successful. Plus, the era that the Bolide would've been built in had drop-top fever. Everybody was building convertibles, including the luxury cars companies and the supercar companies. Sure, up until the Diablo, Lamborghini went almost 30 years without needing to sell a single convertible, but that's also because they were LAMBORGHINIS. Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc. all built convertibles. Hell, somebody even modified their AW11 Toyota MR2 to be a soft top cabriolet! The 80's loved open roofs. So why does the Bolide lineup only have hardtops? Sure, the Bolide may be a cool car, but it's no Countach. Adding a Bolide roadster would be an awesome addition to BeamNG!

CAR 2: Ibishu Covet lineup expansion

The Ibishu Covet is based mostly on the Honda Civic 3-Door from the mid-80's. However, the Honda Civic from that era (Honda guys should correct me if I'm wrong) also had a coupe and a sedan, as well as a Civic-based 3-Door sport hatch that we all know as the CR-X. Maybe it's just me, but I also see a bit of the VW Golf in the Covet's design. The Golf, in addition to having a 3-Dr. model, also had a 5-Dr. hatch, a cabrio, and 3 different models on its chassis: the Scirocco, a CR-X fighter, the Caddy, a compact pickup/ute with the Golf's nose, and the Jetta, a compact sedan/saloon with the Golf's front end. VW guys should correct me on this, but I think there were also a few Jetta station wagons/estates sold in some places. Basically, I'd like to see more Covet variations make it into BeamNG. Due to multiple DAE support working for BeamNG (I've read the dev blog, it'll be in the race update for sure), we should be able to make this a thing when the race update arrives. Who's with me on these?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Agree on both, although the Covet seems to take some cues from the suzuki swift too

3. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Both are good suggestions, a drop top Civetta would be epic.

4. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Wait, I just remembered that the Honda Del-Sol was a thing. Also, after doing a bit of research, a few cars in different eras of the Covet's class also had 3-door wagons, 3-door panel vans, a couple had 5-door CR-X inspired liftback tailgates, and some of them also shared a platform with a 4WD/AWD compact SUV (Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester, etc.). I've also been thinking of a few cars that never really existed in the Covet's class, but would be really cool to have, like a MX-5/Miata-inspired FWD, 2-seater, 2-dr. roadster, a 4-seater version of that roadster, a 2-seater 2-dr. sport coupe, a 4-dr. compact ute, and a 5-dr. panel van. Though I'm not too sure about an Covet-based compact SUV (Ibishu UR/UV, or Urban Recreation/Utility Vehicle?), but the ideas that we have for the Covet lineup expansion right now (full list includes all cars mentioned above, 2-dr. 4-seat coupe, 2-dr. cabrio, 2-dr. ute, 3-dr. CR-X-inspired "sport hatch", 4-dr. sedan, 5-dr. hatchback, 5-dr. wagon) will surely make an interesting addition to the game. Also, Bolide t-top, anybody?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice