2 speed axles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ihwood, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ihwood

ihwood
    Expand Collapse

Well I love old school transmissions and one thing I noticed was ROR's lack of support for heavy clutch's and 2 speed shifting. For those who don't know what 2 speed shifts are (aka twin sticks). I am going to use a old C60 for this it would come with a 4 speed main box witch you could drive as a 4 speed in high. If you were load you would shift 1-lo,1-hi,2-lo,and 2-hi so on until 4-hi. Heavy semis would use a 5 and 4,4+3, what ever gearing depending on the job the more gears usually the more payload. Older less powerful diesel would need all the gears to pull its load. So I guess what I am saying is there should be a code so that if range is low then diff gears are 6.88 if range = mid then diff gears are 4.10. The trans line would stay the same and you shouldn't have to go to neutral to change ranges.

2. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

So to put it simpler, HI and LOW ranges with 4 gears in each?

3. spartan239

spartan239
    Expand Collapse

I like the sound of that... Also some reverse gears would be nice if this game is going to have some farming equipment or even some heavy duty stuff.

4. Kristian

Kristian
    Expand Collapse

RANGE and SPLIT boxes would be nice, yes.
    That way we can have a regular 3 gear truck transmission have 12 speed. Just like in real life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice