Released 2006 Mitsubishi EVO 9 [Updated 5/25]

Discussion in 'Land' started by wrinkle345, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Lernardeau

Lernardeau
    Expand Collapse

H'llo, can you make an... police version... ? ^^

2. lionscars

lionscars
    Expand Collapse

yesssssss yes yes yes yes i mean that

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is something odd in rear suspension or setup, if you launch hard while looking rear wheel, there is hardly any suspension movement, it looks like if rear suspension would be really stiff, I'm not sure what is going on in there?

Handling seems to be somewhat affected by that, it is very hard to understeer while in reality it tends to understeer a bit unless you don't want it to, beauty of the real car is in how nicely it responds to driver's wish.

4. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

So what you're saying is it needs softer rear suspension?

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is something I'm unsure of, it is possible, but it might also be that suspension construction needs some change, sadly I have not had time to study how suspension is constructed in BeamNG yet, I only have very vague image about that in my head.

I know that wheelrate should probably end up below 2Hz for rallying setup, however I haven't yet figured out how to get wheelrates out from BeamNG.

Sadly all I can currently tell is that for me there seems to be something odd in how rear end behaves, it can be as simple as making softer rear suspension or it might require something else, I'm quite sure it could be improved.

You could compare how Sunburst behaves when you accelerate hard, how rear end gets lower, you can see that effect in videos about Evo too and that is now missing from current version of this mod, finding why it is so might lead to great improvements in handling, that is about all I currently know. hopefully I could explain it somewhat understandable way :)

6. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I do notice that, and it does seem to need a rebuild; I've softened the suspension, but nothing still happens.

It may just be a matter of not enough grip to make that depression happen.

7. Brownzy03

Brownzy03
    Expand Collapse

ummmm... how do you pm? I'm sorry I'm a newbie :rolleyes:

8. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

click the profile pic in this thread and then choose "start an conversation". Alternately you can click the envelope icon next to the notifications bar at the top right, and from there start an new conversation(pm)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brownzy03

Brownzy03
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I doubt grip being too little, if you reverse and then while going backwards put lot of rpm and 1st gear in, rear end should dive a bit despite wheelspin happening. It might have something to do with motion ratio of suspension or links are just producing some kind of anti-dive force which should not be present, or then there is just a small bug that is evading spotting.

My guess is that beams making rear suspension might have some bug in them, but it is just an uneducated guess.

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What has kept me from manipulating that one Benz and this Evo's suspension setup has been issue where I believe I would need to create some new nodes, and I would need to setup beams so that those nodes stay with the car's body structure, so that I would have mounting points defined for the suspension and could then make links etc.

One problem there is that I'm not all too sure doing 1:1 copy from real world links and arms would work and examining vanilla content has not been very helpful as it is so hard to see those beams and nodes as Darren too mentioned.
    Other reason is that while I have some understanding how suspension work and such, I don't know even nearly everything needed and almost nothing of how to get Beam suspension operate to specs suspension operates in real world.

I will explore that are at some day, but it will take time, however I very much like to limit my tampering to suspension frequencies while knowing the wheel rate at this moment, finding out wheel rate alone seems to be currently bit much for me.

12. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

What should really happen is for this car to get some proper textures like the official cars. Skinning is allowing you to skin things like the engine and the spoiler and things. Everything is PNG and not DDS.

13. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

When I downloaded the file and put it in the game and loaded the vehicle it gave me a missing file warning. I still got the vehicle to work fine, but I still want to know how to solve it.

14. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if i haven't seen this before but what button is the turbo/thruster again?

15. theblackhunterpl

theblackhunterpl
    Expand Collapse

16. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

sadly without the thruster, downloaded the one from World of Mods and it surprisingly still works, same with the Subaru, I hope there's a way I can take the thruster file and move it into this version, I'll never know because there's not a file titled "thruster", I would have to spend hours going deep into the files and even then I don't have the patience to do so

17. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know people even wanted a thruster. I thought that was just an old thing.

18. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

well I mean It's fun to play around with

19. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

It may not be realistic but its fun!

20. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

A bit of an update today. The transmission sounds are still broken for the time being, but I've added some compatibilies in for the new stuff from 0.9+

Cheers!

21. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Engine still breaks too easily XD

22. WaffleTheROFL

WaffleTheROFL
    Expand Collapse

don't know if this this is the right mod (probably isn't but the screenshot of it is the exact same as the one i have), but no matter how much i crash this car, it won't break, i even drove it off the top of "the descent" map, but even then it drove fine. The body crumples as it should but the engine, driveshaft etc, completely fine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice