WIP Beta released 2010-'18 Volvo S60 (P3)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Spiicy, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I swear I've showed it before, but here it is again.
    screenshot_2022-09-10_18-01-59.png screenshot_2022-09-10_18-01-20.png screenshot_2022-09-10_18-03-14.png
    The steering wheel has two options, the normal, and R-Design wheel. The seats come in 3 different options, brown leather, black, and the R-Design/Polestar seats. The center console has 3 options, woodgrain, silver, and brushed aluminum. Im going to add carbon fiber for the polestar trim. Also 2 different gauge clusters, R-Design, and normal.
    You've probably noticed the terrible door jambs, those are mostly just a place holder at the moment, I have a better door jamb mesh that I need to modify and put in, so that is going to be fixed before the first release. I didnt think id go this into detail on this mod originally, which is why I never put the hq door jamb mesh in.
    The jbeam is still a work in progress, I need to go over everything and fine tune it, so it over all damages better.
    screenshot_2022-09-10_18-00-23.png
    This is a side impact at around 40 mph. The doors deform a tad strange, but i'm going to go through and fix that.
    screenshot_2022-09-10_17-55-27.png
    This is a frontal small overlap collision at around 40 mph. Here you can see the hood and fenders spike a little bit, which im also going to fix shortly.
    screenshot_2022-09-10_18-09-30.png
    The headlight jbeam, along with the front bumper jbeam fits the pre facelift model, but I haven't gotten around to editing it for the facelift model yet.
    screenshot_2022-09-10_18-09-50.png screenshot_2022-09-10_18-10-14.png
    The jbeam for the rear of the sedan is mostly finished, but the wagon needs some more work, I need to add some nodes near the top to help with the structure of the vehicle, and redo most of the trunk. The trunk currently doesn't latch and open properly, and when hit it kinda just flops around. The wagon taillights also don't go all the way to the roof yet, which I need to fix. |
    Visually the mod is mostly complete, but in the jbeam aspect, it still needs some work. I'm not going to try and hide the flaws, since its better to be honest and outward so I can have an easier time fixing the issues, and face less harsh criticism later if that makes any sense lol

• Like Like x 23
  2. Desni55

Desni55
    Expand Collapse

i li
    i like it! :D
    --- Post updated ---
    and yes i fell in love in to this car like im dating...

3. Denn1s

Denn1s
    Expand Collapse

One of the best and smooth models from Volvo S!

4. Wojtek 2

Wojtek 2
    Expand Collapse

najlepsze volvo w beaming drive

5. Desni55

Desni55
    Expand Collapse

and yes i fell in love in to this car like im datin
    what lemme translate it................................................................................................................................................................................. it means:best volvo in beaming drive

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

7. Rafek

Rafek
    Expand Collapse

Do you have ADHD or are you just underage?

8. Ayca

Ayca
    Expand Collapse

I don't personally see any problems

9. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

they are a little bit, i can always go though and make them look better. I want to try and give them a more realistic leather material also, but since this was originally a forza motorsport 4 mesh, its tricky to work with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 49Two

49Two
    Expand Collapse

Loving the interior but those door sills should probably be redone + the leather on the interior seems too dark, needs to reflect more too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. miatamax

miatamax
    Expand Collapse

Is there a Discord where i can follow the Progress?

12. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Since this was originally my work from the past, I might as well provide some commentary regarding the S60 mod. It doesn't hurt to explain the background now that it will eventually be made public.

Before I begin, yes, this started out as nothing more than a simple mesh-slap more than 2 years ago. At the time, I made just the T6 AWD R-Design since the model I used was from Forza Motorsport 4 (which features that particular variant). And it would've remained that way until a few months ago, when Spiicy asked if he could improve on it. He wanted to work on something that isn't related to his Subaru Outback (meaning the Hirochi Overlander mod is on hold). I didn't mind, since I don't have as much free time nowadays than I used to back then.

Fast forward to today, and the S60 mod has seen various changes over my quick port of the vehicle. More parts and features, additional trim levels, and the V60 wagon body style are some of the main highlights you will expect once it is released. Given that I am already providing feedback and some more improvements (this was originally my mod mind you), all I can say is that there are a few things left to work on before Spiicy and I can consider it done. But once it is, the mod will be worth the wait :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dubman2009

dubman2009
    Expand Collapse

ok...

14. Bot_imppa

Bot_imppa
    Expand Collapse

is coming soon or what l wait :);)

15. Lewhik

Lewhik
    Expand Collapse

Just wait like everyone else, it'll come when it's done

16. Ayca

Ayca
    Expand Collapse

So basically, this mod was originally a simple port mesh-slap, but now its pretty much a top tier, amazing, mind boggling, unbelievable, absolutely brain baffling forum mod?

danggg, nice job

• Like Like x 1
  17. theophilpot

theophilpot
    Expand Collapse

I am so excited about this. Any plans on adding the TFT digital gauge cluster? or 17" "sadia" or 18" "skadi" wheels?
    --- Post updated ---
    I am so excited about this. Any plans on adding the TFT digital gauge cluster? or 17" "sadia" or 18" "skadi" wheels?

18. radig

radig
    Expand Collapse

Has the b-pillar area been textured?

19. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

not yet, been busy the last week with work.

20. ThatTonybo

ThatTonybo
    Expand Collapse

I have been looking into adding the digital gauge cluster, but it's non-standard design is a lot of work to design and make functional.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice