1. Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashes
    Fixed drivers available!
    Instructions here

Dismiss Notice

WIP 2020 Chester Journeyman

Discussion in 'Land' started by P_enta, Aug 12, 2020.

1. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Why hello there. As per request by a few users I have made a thread for this car is being commissioned to make by a user.

2020 Chester Journeyman.
    The new car from Chester, the pinnacle of British roadcars.

Ladies and gentlemen this is the 2020 Chester Journeyman. Based on the fourth-generation Mini Cooper this car will come in 2 door and 4 door configurations with multiple trim levels. It is also a commission by a user, meaning I am being paid to make this vehicle, and while I do have a pretty good amount of say in the design and development, things are subject to change because after all the person who is paying me does have full authority.

You can check out the progress of me making this car’s interior on YouTube, as well as maybe a few other videos of it if I decide to release them.

Here are some photos of the car in its current state, ill post them all here and explain my design choices.

Here is the interior so far. I chose to take the current mini cooper and put a little bit of a more modern taste in it. I made the screen bigger, and I really emphasized on the modern retro design with cylinders that protrude from the dash in multiple places like the gauges, the vents, and the infotainment screen.

Example of the protruding circles in the interior.

As you can see I'm using an ETK K series steering wheel with an enlarged center airbag horn piece. I think it looks really good and I know its higher quality than anything I could have done.

Let's take a look at the center cluster. You can see the centerpiece is this very large screen, which is reminiscent of the center gauges on the original Mini Cooper. Optionally in cheaper models a standard radio clock cd player setup will be in place of the large screen. Below the screen is a set of three knobs surrounded by some buttons. These are the climate controls. Between the climate controls and the screen are the radio tuners. Volume On/off on the driver's side, Tune/scroll on the passenger side. Additionally, on the drivers side, there is a power start button because it's 2020 of course. To the sides of the infotainment screen, there are air vents that run into the wood trim.

Moving to the driver's seat, you have the aforementioned ETK K series steering wheel, and the gauge cluster screen. In lower-end models, the screen will be replaced with traditional dials. To the left, you have an air vent protruding out of the dash with the classic circle shape. You can see it cuts into the door forming a very interesting design.

Speaking of doors, the door panel is very interesting in my option. You can see the cut into the door forms a speaker grille, and dripping off of the end of that like a raindrop is the wood trim that continues to the rear of the car. We will talk about that later. You have a very nice raindrop shaped armrest, and some nice bevels and creases everywhere. It's a very simple but elegant design.

The trim on the door continues all the way around the perimeter of the car. The pillars are integrated behind the panel, so you have an uninterrupted flow of the trim and wood and leather and I really enjoy it.

Here you can see we have a continuous center tunnel in the two-door with ETK K Series captain chairs. There will be an optional center bench as well.

Even with the multiple seats and this being a compact sorta car, you get lots of cargo space with very good rear legroom.
    Lets move onto the exterior.

As you can see we have a very traditional mini cooper exterior design. I wanted to make sure this was a very distinctive vehicle. You will have many choices of the front bumper, hood, and headlights.

The side has a very simple but elegant design, mimicking the 4th gen mini cooper.

The rear will have multiple selections of the bumper, and taillights, including the very distinctive Union Jack design. As you can see the vehicle also has a panoramic sunroof.

This vehicle is mechanically based on the Hirochi Sunburst and will feature realistically accurate engine and transmission choices.

Here are some things I need help with:

Implementing into the game.

Flexbodies.

Jbeams

Engines

Mechanical Modeling (editing the chassis and parts and stuff)

Probably some random stuff.

Let me know what you all think! Thank you all!

~P_enta.

• Like Like x 47
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jon_miata

jon_miata
    Expand Collapse

This car looks amazing!
    It definitely has a unique, modern, design, but I think that having options to change out the big screens for smaller ones or gauges would be a plus, as not everyone would like a super-modern design. Personally, I love the curves and the shapes of the interior.
    I like it, but I don't know what to think about it at the same time.
    That's just my opinion though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I have that planned!

Is there anything specifically wrong that isn't to your taste?

4. I_Like_Trophy_Trucks

I_Like_Trophy_Trucks
    Expand Collapse

so you made the thread

5. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

As you can see yes I have

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

I know you have the name down, but I want to make a suggestion

2020 Autobello Piccolina Plus?

I know it's weird but it feels odd having so many vanilla and lore friendly mod cars having 1 car assigned to a single brand.

And yes, I know that Mini is british.

• Like Like x 1
  7. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Idk, I feel like its too big of a car for that. I was considering doing Satsuma first but it didn’t feel right.

Maybe make some lore and say that Chester is somehow French or tied to France somehow, Autobello became Chester sometime in the 80s or something, and the new Piccolina is their answer to the Covet and Smart ForTwo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Porsche lover

Porsche lover
    Expand Collapse

Mini go brrrrrr

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you have a lot of congested geometry on the interior like on the door card. I suggest you use less segments when using the bevel tool.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Awesomeee

11. Vector355

Vector355
    Expand Collapse

to be fair the mini basically is variants of one car for the entire brand, it makes sense in this situation
    also, i like the car a lot lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I can do flex bodies / slots and mechanical modeling it’s just that I’m gonna be asking questions is what I mean.

Guys please read through the post before suggesting stuff to me, thanks!

13. andrzejserafin5

andrzejserafin5
    Expand Collapse

is this going to be on mods repo

14. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Yup!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

nice mod. congratulations

16. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much! You can see the process of me making the interior on my channel if you are interested.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

yeah. i love ur channel. Greetings from Milan =)
    --- Post updated ---
    and how it's going Gavril Majoron and ETK 1100?

18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

1100 is kinda paused because its just crappy, and the majoron is going well, gonna make a part 2 later today

19. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

and how it'
    noooo, etk is fantastic, please continue it soon, and good luck for majoron

20. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I dont have the time for the 1100 and i did a really poor job on it

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice