Released 2020 Land Rover Defender (Update 27/12 - Hotfix)

Discussion in 'Land' started by JorgePinto, Dec 19, 2021.

1. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Ok...so this happened.

screenshot_2023-12-20_02-10-35.png

Limiters are awful (rear doors open too little, and front ones too much) but at this point I don't care. Been looking forward for this moment for +1 year, and since everything opens and closes, it's good enough to me. Will continue a bit of work here on a few other things, and as always, if someone wants to help out with the door opening, it's more than welcome!

• Like Like x 22
  2. Clivey

Clivey
    Expand Collapse

Thank-you for all of your work. It's really appreciated. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :)

And...I almost forgot this routine. Here it is!
    • Added 0.31 features:
      • Cargo Load Boxes (Passenger Seats, both LHD and RHD, Rear Seats and Trunk ones)
      • Dynamic Decals
      • Physical Mirrors (Also included RHD adjusted view ones)
    • Added Openable Doors
      • Front Doors, Rear Doors, Hood and Tailgate all open and close via trigger boxes
      • Fixed all door hinges to stop them being saggy from the top, so they operate as expected
    • Added Hazard Lights trigger box
    • Added Electrical Ignition States
      • Gauges, GPS Screen and Temperature Dials will turn off when the ignition is off.
      • Will display a Welcome message when in Accesory Mode
    • Fixed gas pedal
      • The static part with screws will now remain in place
    • Hood hinges have been moved to their opened position
      • Since I don't know how to animate them, I think it's better to have them this way so when the hood is opened, the hinges are where they are supposed to be, not hanging mid-air in their closed position
    • Fixed a couple of texture issues
    Now, let's talk about some small elephants in the room...I tried to animate the shifter, to no avail, and also tried to separate the small tailights from the main ones, but it was getting way too messy...also, as a known bug, the hood latch (both physical and trigger box) will remain in LHD form only, to avoid creating even more parts increasing the part headache even more.

And that's all for now! Of course next in line would be the 4Runner and 205, but I'll take a bit of time off before I approach them, maybe a couple of days or weeks, so they are all updated as a whole as soon as possible.

Of course, it's also important to remember that as I explained in a previous post, right now this is my middle ground, I consider myself still 'retired', but I don't want to abandon these mods, which involved months of work and many people involved helping out. So support, definitely yes, new stuff, will depend, but new projects, that's definitely a no.

Enjoy!

screenshot_2023-12-20_19-09-58.png

screenshot_2023-12-20_16-51-22.png

screenshot_2023-12-20_18-51-15.png

screenshot_2023-12-20_17-22-08.png

screenshot_2023-12-19_11-27-10.png

• Like Like x 20
  4. thegamerpt

thegamerpt
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for these small updates and fixes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

Appreciate that you came back to give this mod some TLC and to the others. I got high respect for you considering that you want to continue to support these great mods.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, as I stated in a previous post, I can't think further than these 3 projects (Not forgetting the Jurassic Park Roamer for example...Vice City is not worth mantaining sadly :() but the thought of all these years of work and help go to waste...even worse.

In fact, another old tradition is back...new update ;) Kinda needed, since I totally missed fixing the roofrack lights, which show up in white...being the extreme off-road such a popular version, I want to keep it tidy, so please redownload to have that issue gone.

screenshot_2023-12-20_21-15-11.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Drummerboy189

Drummerboy189
    Expand Collapse

is the link updated with the new version?

8. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

It is, yes.

9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

vehicleController_lr_defender20.lua
    File updated to 0.31
    Functionality restored
    Please put the file into "LRDefender110X.zip\lua\vehicle\controller\vehicleController_lr_defender20.lua" and overwrite file

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

les go

11. Sim Wolfshebnickoff

Sim Wolfshebnickoff
    Expand Collapse

On a common modification breaks a glass after spaw, and pneumatic suspension works only on rear wheels:

20231221101543_1.jpg

12. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! :) Really appreciate your continuous help with the shiftlogic to the mod, it really makes a difference.

I just did a hotfix, now available, with your updated file, plus I fixed a weird graphical issue with the backside of the body, which looked 'fancy' to give it a word, now it looks normal back again:

screenshot_2023-12-21_09-56-04.png

I guess you're talking about the 'Land Rover Experience' one, and that's the joke.

That config contains every single mejor issue reported for the current gen Defender, including those you cited. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sim Wolfshebnickoff

Sim Wolfshebnickoff
    Expand Collapse

Thanks.

14. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Welcome back! Thanks for continuing to maintain your mods, as they benefit from having some of the latest features introduced in the most recent updates of the game. Even before you updated the Defender mod, it worked for the most part, but said updates make it less obsolete. Updating is one of the more straightforward parts as long as you know what to do.

With that said, I might as well provide constructive feedback on two minor issues that you can easily fix:
    1. Consider updating the production years of the Defender in the info.json file, as it soldiers on to 2024 with minimal changes for the 110 model. Might as well update the main post to mention the stretched 130 model introduced in 2023, as it's probably unlikely to be added like the 2-door 90 model. While one new paint color option was added in 2023, Sedona Red is exclusive to the 130 model from what I can gather.
    2. The electrical ignition states implementation (i.e. the digital gauges and navigation display turning off when the ignition is off) only applies to the LHD standard interior; the rest of the LHD interior options and all of the RHD interior options don't have this feature. By examining the interior JBeam file, all but the LHD standard interior lack the Screen Branding part slot (which is responsible for the aforementioned electrical ignition states), so adding it to the rest of the interior options should be simple.
    Once again, I appreciate spending some time to maintain your works. Even though you won't be making any new projects, it's still nice to see some meaningful changes to already existing mods. That alone is enough for me and many others who still use your content today :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ibi3huC9vetFAN3456

Ibi3huC9vetFAN3456
    Expand Collapse

Dayum boi you really are a legend

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your words, it's always nice to hear about you in this thread :)

Well, I just updated the mod again in a brand new hotfix, including your findings, so the changelog goes as follows:
    • All doors fine tuned for proper opening procedure
      • They now all open as wide as they should
    • Fixed diesel engines not being able to be turned on via manual ignition key
    • Fixed rear tailgate causing damage (broken beam) when being opened
    • Rear seat dials turn off too when the ignition is off
    • Fixed ignition states not present in all interiors/dashes
      • All configs should have their screens turned off with ignition off now, including RHD ones
    • Updated production years all the way to 2024
    • Added a mention about the 130 in the FAQ of the main post
    screenshot_2023-12-21_23-42-17.png

• Like Like x 8
  17. PIGON

PIGON
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for not letting this amazing mod die! We all appreciate the amazing updates!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

noticed a few things. the sound coming from the exhaust is barely audible on the i4 and practically non existent on the i6. The rear doors on the p300 explorer USDM dont seem to open for some reason and the air suspension is really loud when going over bumps (im guessing the settings are carried over from the bus?). Apart from those small things, this thing is still pretty much perfect as always.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dhruvill

Dhruvill
    Expand Collapse

Still facing issue after the hotfix!! what should I do??

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2023-12-22102738.png
    • Screenshot2023-12-22102808.png
  20. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a conflicting mod. That makes the most sense given it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice