240BX Engine

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by PriusRepellent, Apr 24, 2018.

1. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

How would I modify the 240BX engine? What I want to do is make a copy of its engine under a new name. None of the tutorials or the wiki have been of any use.

2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

All you have to do is copy the engine, rename it so it doesn't conflict with anything, and put it in your own file. You can find the original engine in the game files under content>vehicles>coupe, and you'll like want to move your copy to Documents>BeamNG>mods>unpacked>"my_mod">vehicles>coupe. I would recommend notepad++ for editing the jbeam files, but Windows notepad works fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Ah I was not getting the folder structure correct. Thanks. I'm already using Notepad++. Windows Notepad is garbage IMO.

Edit: I now have a mod in progress. Thanks.

#3 PriusRepellent, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

5. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

It probably does, but I don't do well with long text tutorials. That one is too detailed and I had trouble getting what I was looking for out of it. I needed something more straight to the point like the answer I already got.

6. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

I can help you out, not on pc right now.
    If you send your steam in a pm i can tell you how to do it when im back from work.
    Its pretty easy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice