1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

3rd Party Maps missing textures: What's the general consensus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Dec 22, 2020.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

1. That it's a case of the usual suspects? Clear cache, remove all but that mod, delete hidden files using the search bar in my windows explorer, etc?

OR...

2. Version 21 has broken them, and all the deleting and clearing, and even uninstalling and reinstalling either the mods or the entire game from Steam will make no difference?

Specific examples: Garfield Heights, American Highway, Flat Coast USA. If there were others in my rather large collection, I don't know. I seldom have more than 20 mods active at once.

-- I did all of the above in number 1, but to no avail.
    -- I had once tried painting in the missing textures w/ the Old World Editor, in Garfield Heights (after being told how to do it, but I don't recall the steps now).

Thoughts?
    1. Make the effort-- any map's textures can be fixed, regardless of the update version, if I delete the correct files, or paint the correct texturing in the World Editor?
    or
    2. Don't bother, and just be patient and wait for the author to update it and make it v0.21 compatible?

Note, I'm a pretty patient person and can live with the stock maps if need be. So long as Roane Tenn, and Los Injurus didn't get compromised (which they didn't for me), then I'm pretty happy for the time being. I'm thinking more medium term here.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• Garfield21.png
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The problem is that you can't fix the textures on some of the maps because BOTH the old and the new World Editor will crash if you try to change anything in them.
    I think if a map is still editable then you could make the effort and fix it, it shouldn't be too hard. But just do what you want, idk.

3. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Excellent point, I didn't even think about that.

Yes, the trick is finding the editable ones. I do think Garfield Heights is a good place to start.

Thanks for the reply.
    --- Post updated ---
    So.... not a perfect solution, but a viable one. I mean... heck! At least it's the COLOR of grass! o_O

Err.. the fact that it still says "no textures" in black words... well, I'll be speeding by too fast in my Barstow to notice that part. :cool:
    notexturegreen.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Guess you can just pretend it's vandalism ;)

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If that mod was piggy-backing on old materials/textures from official levels, and those official levels received a renovation that removed those, than that's the issue.
    Ideally modded levels should have their own copy of textures they use to avoid such issues.
    This is bound to happen as we keep working on the older levels and there are mods out here still relying on the existence of old materials.

Old editor possible, since it's unsupported.
    New editor unlikely unless something wrong is happening in this particular case.
    If you are experiencing crash with the new editor report that in the dedicated editor thread with full instructions so we can look into it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice