1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

4-th person camera mod issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by andrewnovickij, Dec 15, 2017.

1. andrewnovickij

andrewnovickij
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I`ve been waiting for the update that could fix the problem with 4-rd person cameras but it didn`t came out so I decided to post this issue. The camera is always being created too close to the car when the car goes slowly (often it is created inside the car with crazy angle of view) and it affects the gameplay very much especially because you need to press "5" a lot of times to get a normal cam. I wish it is possible to fix this issue. And also this camera mod is too slow. When you drive fast and car passes by it goes out from the view so the 30-40 % of time you just don`t see it and very often miss a spectacular crash.
    Thanks for your time

2. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by "mod"? Are you talking about that cinematic camera? Could you be exact on which camera it is? If you don't know which, it is in the options menu. Probably under camera. Can't tell you at the moment, my pc is being weird.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can you please specify which exact camera is that? (4-th person doesn't say much).
    The name of the camera is written in the 'Message' app (unless you removed it from your UI)

4. andrewnovickij

andrewnovickij
    Expand Collapse

Im sorry I didn`t specify the camera. It is called "relative" and it activates when you press "4".

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It works fine here.
    Can you disable all your mods, and re-check.
    Also check your camera settings (Options > Camera)

A video of the issue would also help to understand better.

6. andrewnovickij

andrewnovickij
    Expand Collapse

Hi, the issue still wasn`t fixed so I decided to make a video. I don`t have any mods installed, have a new PC but still got this issue. If you go slow the camera always is insanely close. In video I show that when you go slow (or sometimes you crashed and just stand in one place) the camera is too close. When you are stopped or go fast the camera is ok. Thanks for your response.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqImsv-ygSB2Ho_JFhh90AUkNNHTRdyo

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

To be fair, we haven't heard about this since 2017

Anyhow, the video was helpful, but note that this camera mode is called 'External', not 'Relative' as you mentioned earlier.

Said that, I do see the issue.
    Note this can happen more frequently if you reset the camera as fast as you are doing in the video.
    Also this happens because mainly because the system is not able to find a better place for the camera.
    It will be looked into.

#7 Nadeox1, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  8. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I've only just seen this thread. But the odd thing is, this does not happen to me - I could try to replicate the same conditions and see what happens, but I sometimes use 'external' camera - Or I have never noticed it. - Will update when the video is captured.
    --- Post updated ---
    So - I did a bit of playing around - same vehicle, same location. This is launched in 'Safe Mode' But I couldn't replicate what is going on.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice