1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

4790k or 5820k number of vehicle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bonami2, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

I guy im going to get the 4790k but the 5820k is still killing me ahah

How many t75 can you load safely over 40fps with a i5-i7 :p

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I've never tried the T75 in bananabench...thanks for the reminder!

3. EvilSoul

EvilSoul
    Expand Collapse

I'm an owner of i5-4690k and I had no FPS loss with 2x T75 and 2x D15 on a Grid map. AFAIK, there's 2-5 FPS difference between i5-4690k and i7-4790k as the only significant difference between these processors is Hyper Threading, which doesn't affect games much. I usually run 4-5 cars and for about 6 cars, my fps start to drop noticeably. You will be fine even with the most basic i7, that's for sure :)

4. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

interesting

I know all that i just want to i7 for higher clock binning higher clock igp the fact that power wise it an upgrade in multithread with hyperthreading... because an i5 4690k is like 5-10% better in multithread than my fx 6300 at 4.4...

The problem is with 1 t75 im at 20fps with 2 t15 im still at 20fps im cpu bound for an unknow reason i can run the car but my fps go down but stay there... it seem the graphic part of the game need heavy singlethread..

I expect 60 fps on mostly all map with the t75 if that is possible? the reason i think 5820k is over 4 vehicle but it seem the i5 can handle it

I will maybe try dual desktop if it work with ASTER V7

I start to run vmware again for the fun

Bf4 crysis beamng all benefit from ht a bit..

All that ahah

- - - Updated - - -

i lost banana benchmark with steam beta idk what i can do to have it back :/

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I haven't tried Banana since the experimental was released. No multi-dae in stable so benching it may be impossible.

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

bannana bench was removed in experimental as it hadn't been updated for the new filesystem yet, however multi-dae shouldn't be required for bannana bench, as it tests the jbeam, not anything visual (DAE is just the mesh, not the j-beam)

7. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Im trying currently to run in dual desktop on 1 pc with Aster v7 that thing is awesome ( reason why im inclined for ht too...

My girlfriend is playing on the second screen with his keyboard mouse league of legend and im here with my keyboard mouse writing reading and i can play some game when my gpu down bug like it always do ( crappy sapphire gpu)

Ok i downgraded and banana bench is back yea!

;)

8. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

Tested 4790K on Puregrid again, I can run three T75's at 55-60 fps, but only 22 fps with four of them. Bananabench shows real time with up to three semis.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I would suggest that you don't use the t75 as a basepoint. It is not finished and has had (and may still have) many issues with the physics system that cause severe fps drops in certain circumstances. So stick to the "finished" vehicles since they provide far more consistent performance.

10. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the info :)

But anyways i have fps problem with map and other car it just the t75 is worse than the other im at 20 fps and not 40 :)

Anyone know if a 4790k + a 7950 can handle the game fine in eyefinity ( surround yep going with eyefinity first and after i get a nvidia gpu

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

While this is true for older i7 models, the 4790K is clocked at 4 GHz, 500 MHz faster than the 4690K, which means its performance is actually better. Still, nothing a slight OC can't do and not worth the extra $100 IMO.
    The 5820 is better than the 4790K, but you'll need a LGA 2011-3 motherboard and they're quite expensive.

No, no you won't. Base i5/i7 models are similar in performance to a top-end i3, not enough for BeamNG.
    Also, you shouldn't really buy a locked CPU. Being able to OC is really useful when your CPU starts to show its age, a proper cooler is cheaper than a new CPU and possibly a new board since the newer gen CPU will probably use another socket.

- - - Updated - - -

The 4790K will work properly, it's a great CPU. If the 7950 can handle it depends on the number of displays; with two you should be fine, however if you're using 3 you might want to get another one and crossfire. The only single card that can handle triple display properly is the R9 295X2, and that's only because it's literally two crossfire 290X's. It also costs $1500. If you want to go Nvidia, buy two 970s, works great for 3x1080 and each one costs $350 for the EVGA SSC ACX 2.0 version.

12. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :) most of that i know already for the gpu part i expect to lower graphic setting for sure for 3 screen setup ( the lga 2013 v3 are not really worse the mobo i want is 200$ but as x99 is 280-320$ but their vrm are all at the same place so i dont think it a good design for reliability.... the ddr4 is a killer

( 4 with the dual desktop abuse im doing right now meaning my girlfriend can play on another screen with his keyboard mouse on the same pc but im going to use the 4790k igp for that next if i can) She play game that are not cpu heavy mostly

For gpu r9 290 used are 300$ i dont really like amd driver for now with the bug i encounter with my 7950

970 is interesting 400$ the gigabyte with the backplate but i still need 2..... duh 2 crossfire 7950 is almost = to 1 970 memory bandwith wise amd is better..

Will wait for next amd gpu r9 300 and or Nvidia next gen

;)

I tried ror the other days with 2 screen was awesome! except the car was in the middle :/

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Don't go too overboard on your motherboard. On modern motherboards you will not get an fps difference worth noting by going for a more expensive board, fo example getting the cheapest one that Asus offer will be fine for 99.9% of people. You don't gain performance by spending more with motherboards, but you do gain features, but most of the features you will gain are usually not needed. So just make sure the board will do everything you need it to do since i doubt you are going to use a 4 way sli setup with 12 ssd's etc.

So for example an Asus z97-a motherboard will most likely suit your needs perfectly, provided you don't want to go down the x99 route, which i would suggest that you don't due to diminishing returns. In terms of CPU power i usually suggest that people get the top end I5 k edition chip (in this case the I5 4690k). While BeamNG will run faster on a top end x99 12 core beast i don't really think it is worth the extra you pay.

You really want to shove your money into the single best GPU you can get, especially if you are wanting to game across multiple screens. This is the reason i suggest that you don't go overboard with the other stuff that makes less of a difference. BeamNG will apparently do physics on the GPU in the future using OpenCL which means that you may not even need a powerful CPU to run the game in the future. Which is another reason to shove more of your money at the GPU. Along side all of that most games are more dependent on having a high end GPU than a high end CPU, at the moment BeamNG is the exception. That only becomes more of an issue when you try to run games on 3 monitors.

So i don't suggest that you get a beast CPU for just one game that may or may not require it in the future when your 3 screen gaming workload is enough to push even the highest end graphics cards on the market.

This will give you a fairly good idea for more productivity type stuff in terms of CPU:

As it shows pretty much all of the Intel chips they show are fairly tank like for most people. While they do show that the I5 4690k falls a bit short in these tests as you can see they are really pushing the systems and most people will not be putting the CPU under that much stress.

TLDR:
    Unless you are doing some serious stuff just go for z97 with I5 4690k with 8gb of 1600mhz ram and pour as much money as possible into your GPU.

#13 aljowen, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Stop right there, SLI hater.

The best *single* GPU you can get is the 295X2. Beast. But at $1500, it costs $800 more than dual 970s, and even $400 more than dual 980s or dual 290X's.
    It's also, performance-wise, the same as dual 290X's, so you're paying an extra $400 for running both cards on applications that do not support crossfire. Is that really worth it?

Oh, did I also mention its power requirements are greater than those of my whole PC? 500 watts. Which means you'll need an 800W PSU at least.

Besides, it's only really useful for 3x1080 or 4k setups. In 1080p, it's no better than a 970, which, once again, costs just $350.

If you're using dual 1080p, go for two 970's. It's the best option.

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Whoa there, i don't hate SLI or Crossfire. Considering that its sometimes cheaper to get 2x 970's than a single 980 the 2x 970's IMO would be the better option depending on region. But there are sometimes compatibility issues and can add complexity to setting up games sometimes (not an issue for more computer savvy people), its pretty much up to whoever is building it and whether they would prefer to have 100% performance 100% of the time or get 160% performance 90% of the time. So yeah, SLI or crossfire is an option. But you will struggle to run anything on triple monitors using any single GPU card on the market anyway and the dual GPU cards are a bit expensive compared to just buying 2 of them.

So my wording was incorrect but what i meant was the single best graphics solution. Sorry for any confusion.

But i have found that dual 1080p is not an ideal gaming resolution on any game that i have tried. Its probably because i have had to use the "hack" method of swapping out the dx9 dll file in games to enable multiple monitor gaming since nvidia doesn't support dual screens on my card but it may still apply where everything happens at the border between the two screens. Also from using that hack its worth mentioning that 2x 1080p does not half the frame rate (or double power GPU needed) from GTA 4 testing that i did (with HD texture pack and IcEnhancer 2.something or other) i got around 30 to 60 fps on a single screen and 20 to 60 fps on two screens. So i imagine that 2x gtx 970's will probably get a very similar fps in a triple monitor compared to a single 970 on a single monitor.

16. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

I agree mostly with all so stop fighting friend! :)

I know i can go with a 140$ mobo 8 phase the asus is very good it about the same thing as my current mobo but a 1150 socket my m5a99fx pro is 150$ and mostly a good mobo

I know i like to push my hardware if i can push my fx 6300 at 100% a i5 will reach 100% too a i7 will have about 20% more power with ht for task in the best scenario. the 5820k is the kind of cpu i need but i hate the current mobo the Vrm setup is too close to be able to disipatte heat correctly it a bad design 8 phase for 140w tdp stupids if i overclock it reach 200w tdp + 3.5 to 4.5 4.8

My 6 phase asus is 150$ and is not able to handle a fx 6300 overclocked at decent temp ( some chip on the back of the mobo at 4.8 ghz on 1.48-1.5 volt reached 113celsius and was going higher reliability is impossible with a 8 phase mobo for a 140w tdp .. the i7 4790k on 12 phase is overkill but it look nice

I seen so much high end 2011 fail that i understand what the problem is ahah..

Interresting to know that beam ng will use open cl on gpu :D

Multi gpu setup are good but they can not work if your unlucky i think they do not work with beam ng.. Im not sure... Im mostly going to wait 6 month + and jump on the most powerfull gpu i will be able to get if i start to work again it may be a crossfire sli high end gpu..

When i say high end it like a 970 980 sli or next serie uh gtx 200 again? lol

I want the msi z97 Gaming 7 because of the 12 phase and the fact it 6 on one side 6 on the other side + 10usb port .... im currently with 10 port used on my mobo and i dont have everything pluggued and i dont want a external usb box... the monitor im using got Magnet in the feet so im not sure to put thing near with 3 screen

4790k because i think hyperthreading could help on extreme multitasking im not sure and the fact the stock high clock and the igp is binned higher can allow me to run the dual desktop with the girlfriend on the igp overclocked and me on the dedicated gpu

Ror Beamng and Arma 3 and the biggest reason i want to upgrade... And for the fun factor too ;)

The i5 is not an upgrade in multithread vs my 4.4 fx that why my Banana bench is about the same too 4.4 vs stock still...

cost wise i do think the 4790k is a piece of crap overpriced.... but it all i can really afford and the 5820k is on mobo that i dont like and ddr4 that perform about the same even less than ddr3... sound stupids

- - - Updated - - -

After some calculation the 5820k with a msi x99 gaming 7 is like 150$ more than the z97 4790k.... Yea i was planning to upgrade ram.... but i lose the igp :/

- - - Updated - - -

Set on 4790k money will go on 2 screen + adapter cooler etc ;)

17. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Answers in blue.

18. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

If i was serious about MULTITASKING ( HEAVY DUAL DESKTOP GAMING) im not gonna get a piece of crap of xeon with crappy singlethread overpriced cpu anyways... Most game i play need singlethread....

Intel take 2 4790k stick them together and call that a 5960x and downclock it and sell it for 1.1k...

I said multithread about the fx 6300 vs i5 i never talked about singlethread....

My fx 6300 is on par with my friend dual 10 core xeon in singlethread... the cpu are worth 1800$ each.... not really impressing looking at a stock 9370 9590 8 core that perform mostly like a 1800$ intel cpu except 2 less core... and higher tdp..

With the 2 other display im going to get the 4790k is totally worth it if i dont want to get the 6 core with crappy ddr4 high latency ram....

Msi unreliable not their fault if retard try to run cpu on 3+1 4+1 mobo damn i find that my heatsinked 6 phase asus is not enough for a 8 core fx and people run them at 5.0ghz the asus mobo will only throttle at 140celsius way too hot for the capacitor near it rated at like 5k hour at 105celsius... btw i reached 113celsius at like 4.8 ghz on my fx 6300 at 1.48 1.5 volt on the back of the mobo 6-8 chip on the back i dont remember the name of these thing... seriously this thing is ways too hot for reliability..

Not because it writed support up to 140tdp cpu that it will... most micro atx mobo for amd say it support fx 8 core but 95% of these mobo will throttle stock all the time...

p5k se from asus do catch on fire too...

And i know that a 4690k is a 4790k..... pentium and i3 are the same thing too.....

4690k multithread is the same or mostly as my fx 6300 overclocked i dont think it enough knowing i max out at 100% this cpu ok the 4690k overclocked is better but do you know that a 4790k stock will beat a 4.7ghz i5 in some game like crysis 3 just because of hyperthreading..

at the end im set 4790k z97 gaming 7 maybe some cl10 2400mhz 4x4gb 2 acer ips (LG) maybe an nice 970 from asus :cool:

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

As much as I have been considered an AMD fan, you're talking straight out of your ass if you think your fx6300 comes anything close to a 4690k never mind an Xeon.

20. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

It's dual GPU.

AMD sucks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice