1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

4790k or 5820k number of vehicle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bonami2, Oct 30, 2014.

1. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

i3-4340. $140, as good as a 6300 in multi threaded performance and much better in single threaded performance. It does cost $15 more and it's locked, but intel is more expensive than AMD. There's a reason I chose the 6100 over an i3.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. And even overclocking a 6300 won't get the performance of a stock 4690K.
    AMD is better for budget builds, Intel is better for high-end builds.

2. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Stop crying your i5 2500k is about the same performance per clock than a current i5 your need 4.4 to be on a i5 4690k at 3.8 not a big difference intel hit a wall look at passmark there mostly no difference..

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=804&cmp[]=1921

i still kick the ass of that intel 7800 passmark!

Overclocking a 260$ chip from 4 years ago

the fx chip go back to 2011 with the fx 6100 :rolleyes: add 10% for mine With the upgrade version at best

3. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

AMD hasn't been competing with intel on the cpu market for ages.

The top of the line i5 isn't even that expensive.

Oh well, it's good to see that there are plenty of idiots left who still buy AMD junk to keep them alive. Maybe one day AMD can push intel to innovate at a higher pace again rather than the tiny increments we've had the last few years.

#43 Dennis-W, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

top of the line i5 is 260$ the lowest is what 200$ the 8320 beat it for 160$ * MULTITHREADED TASK

Junk ? fx 6300 8320 are awesome for the price they can handle vmware as good as i7 can do... for half the price....

But yea intel fanboy intel is the best and it beat everything amd as for sure... his i3 beat my fx 6300 for sure blablablablabla

60$ mobo + my fx 6300 gonna see who is the best in multithread...

I may add that i do 45mbeams in banana bench at 4.4 not so bad considering some chip from intel do the same... and 4.4 is the close as my turbo at 4.1

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@Bold he doesn't have a 2500K, he runs a 4690K, which will absolutley destroy your fx-6300 (and don't compare an overclocked fx-6300 with a stock clock 4690K, that's not a fair comparison (and shows that you just don't want to see that if you overclock the 4690K to the same speed it will utterly destroy your fx-6300 (and no amount of overclocking will give you intel level of single threaded performance, it just wont happen)))

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

But since when did Bluescreen ever claim that a 2500k was as fast as the latest I5's. They latest I5's several generations ahead which means they perform significantly better than my 4 year old model.

In case i have not yet made this 100% clear

I5 4690K> I5 2500K > FX-6300

#46 aljowen, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  7. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

I know im talking about price vs performance value and everyone here is like the amd is shit and im retarded to think it good....... that what both of you said clearly :rolleyes:

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I cant tell if you meant that seriously or not. If you did intend it seriously then please stop twisting my words as well as the words of some others.

9. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

twisiting what?

People say msi board are bad...

That asus is the best
    That intel is the best

That remind me of most FANBOY on the multiple forum am on... Like saying that rma suck at one company than another... it luck... that all

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no one said you were retarded or that amd is shit, amd are great cpu's (especially on a budget) but if you have money to spare intel will always be the better choice

i have no idea where you got the retarded part from though, we never said anything like that

11. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Here

AMD hasn't been competing with intel on the cpu market for ages.

The top of the line i5 isn't even that expensive.

Oh well, it's good to see that there are plenty of idiots left who still buy AMD junk to keep them alive. Maybe one day AMD can push intel to innovate at a higher pace again rather than the tiny increments we've had the last few years.

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ignore dennis, i'm pretty sure he's biased towards intel

also idiot != retarded

13. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :)

and about the pipeline about xeon the lower end xeon are based on the equivalent i5-i7 i dont know if they are exactly the same but i think they are

Example the older core 2 quad q9550 is a xeon x3360 :)

Another nice fact about the 4790k is the support of the vt-d idk if it usefull for me because i do virtualisation but last gen 3770k 4770k did not have it :)

( I ordered the mobo ) need to order the cpu when i got the extra money ;)

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

wat? the last gen 3770K and haswell gen 4770K both have all that virtualization stuff, pretty much all intel cpu's do actually

15. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

vt-x not vt-d

I want to try to run os on dedicated gpu maybe :) some say it work

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the main problem with running a virtual machine on a dedicated gpu is that most OS virtualization software (so vmware, virtual box, and all that) don't support vt-d as far as i can tell

17. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

:( i dont know exactly on this i just thought it was nice that the 4790k got this instruction :)

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Vt-d wouldn't allow for that...

19. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

strange just read people saying that a 7950 allow vmware virtual box to run as a dedicated gpu with vt-d

Still i need to try it to know and with the dual desktop im running with aster v7 i can do mostly the same thing but it run on the same os and share the driver while i want to run older os (windows 7) with a gpu or that kind of thing :)

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its allows virtual box/VMware/etc (neither of which actually support vt-d yet) to use/access a dedicated GPU (and other devices) more effectively. Not run an OS on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice