1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

4790k or 5820k number of vehicle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bonami2, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

:confused: yea it normal it a great chip mostly the same as the 4770k performance wise

Nice drawing.. but i showed a msi gaming 7 with a h75 + a 7950 in the picture you can see the red line led for audio and uh no the msi logo is under the gpu crap

#81 bonami2, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. bigboss13

bigboss13
    Expand Collapse

umm my name is chris and wanted to know how to to get the order id:rolleyes::p

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It would have been in the purchase email. Or email support
    But in future, you don't want to be posting on threads entirely unrelated to the subject.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

But still not as powerful as a similarly priced 4790k. AMD CPU's are great budget chips, but they screwed up with the 9000 series since it costs the same as a 4790k and it's only good for saying 'my CPU runs at 5 GHz'.
    I'm no Intel fanboy, I've always owned AMD in fact. But when you go high-end, it's Intel. It's a fact: AMD has no high-end CPUs except for the 9000 series which is a joke.

5. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Yea i give you a point for that but who the fuck go get a 9000 serie ? they dont even come with heatsink.... :)

I want a 4790k that do 5.0ghz + but i can dream... Intel dont care and lied

the 2500k-2600k where awesome...

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

With good enough cooling you probably could get a 5ghz overclock

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

7. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

o_O with what voltage lol these chip are so easy to kill with only voltage no temp related..... They cant do 5.0ghz go look at at review test and extreme overclock....... i seen what 5.2 ghz at 1.52 volt cpu z... for stability at 4.9 5.0ghz you need at least 1.48v i will never run my chip over 1.35 volt...

It 22nm

Last week i saw on a forum some guy that fried 3-5 chip there where 2-3 and said to everyone that overclocking is dead.... instant dead on 1.5volt is even know

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

More electricity = more heat

So yes it DOES have to do with temps

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

9. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

The 4770k 4790k are voltage limited in overclocking mostly... i Mean they can run at 90c without problem.... mobile cpu are based on the same Design

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well there is a bit more to it than that as always seems to be true with computers.
    Voltage does indeed cause heat which will kill your chip if you don't provide adequate cooling. But you will reach a point where the voltage will kill it regardless of temperatures. So it depends on if the chips are dying because they are trying to hit 1.5v with the stock Intel cooler or whether its caused by the chips breaking due to the voltage itself. Either way if you trying to push 1.5v through the chip you are probably pushing it too far unless you are trying to set a record or gain bragging rights. 1.4v is where you should probably stop and 1.3v is more around where i would suggest you don't go too much higher.

But that still doesnt mean that a high end AMD chip running at 5ghz @ 1.5 volts will beat a high end Intel chip running at 4.5ghz @ 1.35v. All the AMD chip is doing is causing more heat and possibly sending itself to an early grave. The Intel chips seem to be able to process data faster at lower clock speeds and voltages, which i guess is nice for keeping temps down etc.

@above
    Most high end CPU's will probably be fine running at 100c, but that doesn't mean that i recommend it.

11. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Yea sure i mean i want 5.0ghz + for performance increase the amd fx overclock far over their stock performance and the 2500-2600 k where too but the 4790k is like a not fun chip the i5 is nicer because of it low base clock..

a 4790k shred any amd currently except in some SPECIFIC task but i prefer the 4790k Singlethread and hyperthreading to get the most out of it and low power comsumption.

The 5960x is like the i5 low base clock but if you have cooling and because it soldered you can overclock it super easy and should be very fun the 5820k too but $$$ wise i did not have reason to do it still have to spend 1.5k $ just to have my setup right

2 970 + 2 screen worth 200$ + tax shipping

amd fx on 32nm can take lot of voltage the 2500k where on 32nm too i think or 28

:)

Im going to overclock later i need to find out why i have stability problem sure at 99% it my 7950 but i need to be sure...

12. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Except visual studio does not use the Intel compiler.... Hardly anyone uses it actually.

14. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

And you actually believe this guy wasn't paid by AMD?

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

judging by this:

he himself is an amd fanboy

16. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

#96 VeyronEB, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice