Cancelled [5.1.1 alpha] More Features Mod - Old Thread

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by StinchinStein, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

I like what you did with the rev limiter. But maybe make it so instead of setting the RPM back cut the throttle. That way it doesn't ruin performance as much and is more realistic. And when the rev limiter is passed (like down shifting) cut the throttle instead of setting the RPM back down.
    Nice work!
    *have a cookie

• Like Like x 2
  2. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

Eta for 4.3.0?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ahersom98

ahersom98
    Expand Collapse

idk how to get it to work its in the mods folder, but nothing changed

4. yeticub

yeticub
    Expand Collapse

well when will this be updated and i would love to see a engine temp thing work thanks

5. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

So, you're taking suggestions?

head gasket failure

clutch wear (the more off the rpms are / the harder the clutch engagement, the faster the wear is)

torque converter wear - wears faster from too many brake launches (the higher rpm,the faster the wear is)

misfiring with hp loss

knocking from extended high revs with hp loss

(auto and manual) transmission slipping/jerking during shifts/overheating/physical/fluid loss
    manual - synchro failure from repeated mismatched revs/not double clutching
    auto - failure to engage after dropping from neutral too much/ starts slipping getting jerky shifts as it wears

differential failure from overload/overheating/physical damage/fluid loss

engine seizing from any conditions that will seize (overheat, extended high revs, lack of oil, physical damage)

I know fluid loss was mentioned and you said you aren't there yet, but couldn't it be started as a simple code basically bringing down the value of the life of the engine after it gets damaged enough? most of what I've mentioned could start out as just basic code too, no crazy jbeam stuff.

Edit: By implementing as global variables, these features could easily be added as text into a jbeam script of a vehicle, thus making each vehicle's drivetrain unique in its reliability in a simulator possible.

That's all I've got for now.

#265 1UZ-FE, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

[TN] = Took Note Of The Feature (May Be Implemented; NO SET DATE FOR IMPLEMENTATIONS. REMEMBER: THERE IS A CHANCE IT WON'T BE IMPLEMENTED!)
    If it doesn't have a [TN] tag, then it's either I don't want to implement it yet, or I don't know enough about vehicles to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the ill answer. If you want to, I'm sure you'll be able to do the transmission stuff with basic code at some point. Mad stoked for the next updates

8. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

When do you think this will be updated to the latest version of the game?

9. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

10. Dane Uhrmacher2

Dane Uhrmacher2
    Expand Collapse

The apps will not show up in the app selector

11. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

The app is non existent as of right now. I'll probably add it later.

12. Dane Uhrmacher2

Dane Uhrmacher2
    Expand Collapse

Alright I will wait thank you just to confirm I did mean the engine controls and other things like that

• Like Like x 1
  13. yeticub

yeticub
    Expand Collapse

how come it works beatifuly but one thing I would like to see it overheating in it

14. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

slight bug, when on cruise control it has both the acclerator and the brake pedal down (the abs and brake lights show up)

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

another bug, put too much load on the engine and it starts to push the pedal past 100% this causes all the transmissions to slip and the car slows down
    an easy way to replicate is to get a car drive to 20mph in 1st gear, change to the highest gear (say 4) and go up the slope in gridmap, it will cause the transmission to slip due to too much torque (or if you get a RWD car just put on the handbrake)

16. iMoD-eX

iMoD-eX
    Expand Collapse

a suggestion for the next version will be that the wheels can wear out and explode, because I would love that. thanks :D

17. l0l555

l0l555
    Expand Collapse

I cannot launch this mod in my game. It isn't working. If someone could give me instructions on how to download the mod that would be very appreciated. Btw I am running windows 8.1

18. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice