On Hold '67-'72 Gavril Hawk

Discussion in 'Land' started by Bakasan, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2023-04-22_17-13-45.png screenshot_2023-04-22_17-14-07.png
    V8 Thunder from Down Under

L O R E
    The second generation Gavril Hawk, introduced January 1967 and produced through the end of 1972, is a Full Sise (compact by american standards:p) family sedan produced by Gavril's Australian division. While based on the American compact Hawk, its Australian brother was quite a bit different, featuring thicker sheetmetal and tougher components to deal with Australia's harsh roads, as well as an array of high performance options not seen on the US counterpart. While most Hawks came equipped with a fairly mundaine inline 6 powerplant, the holy grail RS trim recieved a tuned 353ci V8, along with upgraded suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes. These RS models were dominant on the circuit in their day and now are highly collectible vehicles.

About the mod
    I originally had the idea to create a lore friendly Australian vehicle a year or so ago (when I was doing that Japanese sedan thingy) based primarily on the second generation Ford Falcon, but never saw the light of day, and then I took a 64958year break from beam again xdd. I decided to get back into modding for BeamNG and this would be a good project to start (along with the many others I work on simultaneously lol).

Design wise as you can probably tell it is heavily based on the second generation Australian Ford Falcon, with other elements of various fords such as the Taunus TC and Cortina III and so on...

Jbeam is based on the Ibishu Miramar, as the Miramar is unibody with double wishbone/leaf sprung rear, which will be what the Hawk will also have. Sise wise it is a bit larger and heavier than a Miramar, but not as much as the Barstow (wheelbase is 2820mm, for you Americans that is approximately 4-5 dishwashers long)

This will be a "simple" mod of sorts, in the sense that it will rely heavily on BeamNG assets, which should hopefully speed up the development process. The exterior sheetmetal, frame and interior (sans a few Gavril parts bin shenanigans) will all be modeled and textured from scratch, but the likes of the running gear, and other common assets like sealed beam headlights and wheels will be used from existing Gavril/BeamNG assets.

That said there will be a vast array of configurations and bodystyles to choose from:cool: In addition to the 4 door sedan, there will also be a wagon, and of course a 2 door coupe utility. I might also do a 2 door coupe, while Australian Falcons never came in this bodystyle the US ones were offered as a coupe.

Engines will consist of Gavril's 232 six (and a lower displacement version of it, around 2.8-3.0litres), as well as the 291 V8, and for high performance RS models the 353. The 423 will not be a factory option, but availabe as an aftermarket engine swap.

Progress
    - Modeling/Texturing - 50% -
    - Jbeam - 20% -
    - Details - 20% -

- Configs - 0%:p -

Q and A/FAQ
    Q: When will it be released?
    A: When it is ready. Stay Tuned;)

Q: What Bodystyles will it have?
    A: 4door sedan(SWB/LWB), 2door coupe, 4door station wagon, 2door ute (with panel van variant).

Q: Will you do a 4WD offroad version (like the Falcon ute IRL)
    A: Not with the initial release, but maybe later.

Q: Can I make mods of this?
    A: Yes, please feel free to create additional content for the Hawk:)

Q: Will it be a paid mod?
    A: No.

Q: Will there be a mouldy sandwitch lodged behind the doorcards
    A: :rolleyes:

Q: Can it go fast
    A: Yes:cool:

Credits

Me: Modeling/Texturing/Jbeam editing
    BeamNG: various assets (Models, Textures, Jbeam)

Gallery
    screenshot_2023-04-04_03-58-22.png screenshot_2023-04-04_05-03-45.png screenshot_2023-04-04_05-04-38.png screenshot_2023-04-04_05-06-24.png screenshot_2023-04-06_19-13-00.png screenshot_2023-04-06_19-13-54.png

230408_03.png 230408_04.png 230408_05.png

#1 Bakasan, Apr 3, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 55
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Carlover97

Carlover97
    Expand Collapse

The lore deepens

3. VerrierChivace

VerrierChivace
    Expand Collapse

this thing looks positively poggers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. plasticbodypanels

plasticbodypanels
    Expand Collapse

5. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

VEEEIGHT, hell yeah. Finally, a mod where I don't have to go 'is have veeeight please?'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

yes, yuo can have B8 motor:cool:
    screenshot_2023-04-04_05-56-02.png
    should probably move the engine forward a bit too :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

B8 is bes engin. B8 is life.
    (If you don't move it forward, it'd technically be mid-engined... I'm not opposed to that)

• Like Like x 2
  8. PoshCarReviewer

PoshCarReviewer
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to imagine a Commodore mod but with Beam lore affixed to it

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Screw you *unmoons your Moonhawk

• Like Like x 12
  10. Truckersteel

Truckersteel
    Expand Collapse

Looking good! :cool:
    Will we be able to Mad Max the hell out of it at some point?

11. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I'm honestly just glad you made an effort to incorporate existing Gavril design features (see rear haunches and the hood).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps, technically all of the Falcons that have any decent screen time in the Mad Max films are 3rd generation models though:p
    Likely wont make 'the interceptor' out of this, but maybe one of the regular MFP cars would work

Yeah, that was kinda accidental but always good to have some design language in common though;)
    To an extent I wanted to differ from the Barstow styling, as the Australian fords differ somewhat from Ford's US offerings, plus there is the fact I'm not a huge fan of the Barstow styling anyway:p

Anyways, currently sorting out suspension, front and rear has been moved to match the Hawk's wheelbase, now going about converting the spring rates/shoch damping values from the Barstow
    screenshot_2023-04-04_09-15-15.png
    Also with all the body parts attatched weight came out to about 1350kg with the 353, so will probably add about 100kg to the frame for a more realistic weight:)

• Like Like x 5
  13. Deleted member 509752

Deleted member 509752
    Expand Collapse

Looks really awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

But won´t you finish the Claria Hardtop first? I'd hate to see that one unfinished.

15. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

It will be finished finished don't worry, I have always liked to work on several projects at once to keep from getting burned out :)
    Most of the moleling work for that is done anyway (just small time consuming things like UVs left really)

Anyways, finished suspension jbeam for now, drives pretty nicely really (very tail happy under throttle lol)
    screenshot_2023-04-04_14-46-16.png screenshot_2023-04-04_14-46-30.png

• Like Like x 7
  16. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

Q: will you make a panel van version?

17. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Very glad to see you back in the Beam modding scene! Best of luck with this project of yours!
    Can't wait to make a bogan configs with it!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

totally forgot about that lol, should be simple enough to add (just a ute with some rear sheetmetal really)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Stevooe

Stevooe
    Expand Collapse

Will there be a racing variant (maybe using race Phase 3s as inspiration)?

#19 Stevooe, Apr 4, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  20. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Of course:cool:

That said the period racing version will be pretty close to stock anyway (as the racing series basically mandated production specification with little to no modification)

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice