Released '76-'79 Ibishu Claria 1.0.4

A JDM luxobarge from the 70's

1. Opeldud98

Opeldud98
    Expand Collapse

hey, on the next update, can you make a openable trunk? I want to do some "deliverys" with the van

2. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed that on the repo page there are already fixed bugs under "Known Issues"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

Just finished making a little showcase for this amazing mod :p

Edit: Thank yalls for blowing up my video overnight haha ;);)

#423 Jer, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Angry_Bird

Angry_Bird
    Expand Collapse

@LJ74 Consider the L28T came out in 1980 which is just a year at most after 1979, I think turbocharging is entirely realistic for the said time era.

5. AdamZ5

AdamZ5
    Expand Collapse

your mod was shown as the mod of the month on the official instagram of beamng!
    Screenshot_20220801-191446_Instagram.jpg
    congrats:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Woah, Thanks!

Yeah but the engine texture set is already baked and finished, id have to make a new texture set just for a turbo which is impractical sorry

• Like Like x 5
  7. Maximum 777

Maximum 777
    Expand Collapse

Hey, this is a very good looking mod, but it handles very poorly, Every tune oversteers just about no matter what you do and it cannot be tuned out in game, it will always seemingly randomly snap on you, however I know what's wrong and how to fix it, I really hope you see this.

There is an issue with the front sway bar/anti roll bar linkage. I shared an image of it, but essentially that little end link, going from the lower arm of the suspension, to the end of the sway bar/anti roll bar, should have ball joints at both ends and be an independent part that's free to move. This allows it to move the sway bar up and down with the suspension, while not bending the sway bar left, right, forward, or back as it moves. That little part is making the sway bar/anti roll bar not do its job, and it's likely causing most of the oversteer issue.

The fix to be clear, is to add a joint to either end of that little link, essentially making it its own part. You might have to experiment as, in games like this, ball joints might give it too much freedom of movement and cause issues when the suspension is bottomed out, but right now, it is connected rigidly to the lower arm of the front suspension, and that is causing issues as the suspension compresses. It bends the sway bar/anti roll bar towards the chassis, instead of moving it up and down like it should, and this is causing it to not work as a sway bar, and instead almost like a leaf spring, leading to bouncy front suspension with way too much roll, and no way to adjust it. Fix that linkage, and the car should handle much better.

Edit: I also just noticed that due to the sway bar/anti roll bar (just gonna call it sway bar from here on out) being bent as the suspension compresses, acting like some form of secondary spring, almost all of the preset cars have overly soft front suspension, remove the sway bar, and the ride height in front drops.

I also just confirmed this problem exists for all 3 sway bar's

Also the easiest way to see the issue is to remove the springs and shocks from the car, flip it upside down, and see how the suspension moves. You'll notice that the sway bar is bending like crazy and not properly linking the right and left together. I also noticed here that the sway bar appears to only be attached in the middle, it needs to be better constrained to have any effect.

I also decided to check the rear sway bar, and while it seems to have correct links with some form of joint on both ends, it isn't mounted properly and seems to have it's own issues, removing it doesn't seem to change how the car handles either and I think it doesn't compress correctly either as it seems to clip through it's mounting points.

I added an image of the rear sway bar, highlighted on its own using the parts menu, at full compression on the right side, and as you can see it doesn't actually rotate in it's mount due to improper geometry and mounting location. It instead bends in the middle, clipping through what should be its proper mounting point, and as a result, instead of acting like a sway bar, it acts like an additional spring.

Attached Files:

• image_2022-08-01_182211753.png
    • image_2022-08-01_185953059.png
    #427 Maximum 777, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. adobenchaa

adobenchaa
    Expand Collapse

Hey could we get the ability to lift the car much more than it can right now? Even with the rally suspension maxed out I still cant fit some normal sized muscle tires to complete the hot rod look. Could even do some shackles for some period lifting :p.

Attached Files:

• 20220804_194430.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

did anyone notice that if one of the back taillights are broken, the turnsignal lights won't work on the dash?

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I guess that's intentional since the dash lights are supposed to show which lights work

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Realistically speaking, if the interior lights worked but taillights didn't, this would cause hazard as driver would think lights are working , but they actually wouldn't

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

The interior 'lights' aren't exactly lights, IRL they're monitors connected through fibre optic cables. Same with the fender ones

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tashy26

Tashy26
    Expand Collapse

That sounds like an absolute nightmare to deal with if you ever had to

14. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know.

15. Woody 2

Woody 2
    Expand Collapse

Can you make it left hand drive version? because i'll love if i see this beauty in america

16. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

17. Blake P

Blake P
    Expand Collapse

hi! i love this mod and thank you for creating it. Unfortunately, I cannot use the mod with the new update. sometimes the car will load but the car model is transparent and has issues loading in properly. I also experience crashes if I try to change any part of the car. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this? Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix. Thank you!

18. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Yeah its doing this for a lot of people and im not sure why, id say try clearing cache to attempt a fix

19. maslimepunch

maslimepunch
    Expand Collapse

yeah did that to me, though i also had other mods

20. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

LJ74 updated 1976 Ibishu Claria with a new update entry:

Invisible fix and openable panels

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice