Cancelled 89-92 Toyota Chaser 1JZ twin-turbo super early alpha

Discussion in 'Land' started by Mythbuster, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Takuzi

Takuzi
    Expand Collapse

how do u change that wheels i want to do that it looks awsome and i think to add the steelies aswell

2. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Found a silly little bug. If you manage to take of the wheels, they'll still have power and spin at absurd speeds whenever you pull the trigger.

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

That happens with every vehicle bud. At least from my experience.

4. Karbonnic

Karbonnic
    Expand Collapse

LOVE the car Mythbuster! keep it up!

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Serious? Read a couple of posts up... Says it right there.

That's where I got the idea from :)

6. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

First car in BeamNG with hydraulic suspension :p

7. unerground2

unerground2
    Expand Collapse

8. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

now i only need a 1jz sound mod:D

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Right so I was going to upload a new version soon, but apparantly some absolute douchebag uploaded this to another website. If people can't treat my work with respect, they won't get to treat it at all. Lucky for you, their download link doesn't work, so I won't be completely removing it. However, I'm removing this download and opening a group for betas. I'm so fucking done with this forum and it's disrespectful users.

I'm thinking about just releasing my vehicles in a group from now on and nowhere else, so I can exclude users from getting my cars when I don't trust them for whatever reason. If that's what it takes to not have everything I make spread over to places where pirates can get them, then that's what'll have to happen to be honest.

#69 Mythbuster, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  10. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, damn, I hate pirates, no respect for work, i especially hate them when they make users stop uploading content to the community.

Anyway, i hope i can be in your beta group, i have really liked your mods, the are very professional.

(sorry for non capital I's, the forum isn't letting me edit easily)

11. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Its a shame, its almost unavoidable. The forums content will almost 100% of the time end up on a third party website. Its probably one of the most de-motivational things. Anyways, I absolutely adore this mod, keep up the amazing content :)

12. ArmaAK

ArmaAK
    Expand Collapse

Not really understanding the logic behind not letting anyone have your car just because it's been uploaded to another site. You aren't getting paid for making this, so you aren't loosing any profit. This is still the official BeamNG site, so people that want quality vehicles are still going to come here. The pirate probably doesn't have the wherewithal to move the car to a finished state. Seems kind of childish to deny everyone here supporting you at the official site because your car is out there somewhere else. Oh well, I can't tell you what to do anyway, so I guess I'll just forget about this one. Shame, because I was looking forward to it.

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I agree to an extent but until you've actually done something of this caliber it can be extremely frustrating. Although I have never modded I have a keen grasp of the time and effort put into these things.
    The best thing we can do is appreciate and understand the work involved and the absolute anger and frustration on what is essentially theft. Sure, you ask for it these days but the core Beamng community is behind
    these folks 100% and it's doubtful you would be excluded from someone's blood, sweat and tears. Keep things in context and support these guys in any way you can and understand when someone gets pissed
    off and why.:D

14. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

Off topic: Personally (And people may hate me for it) I like the idea of certain people getting the mod. I'm not just saying that to be a kiss butt and to get on that list of people that gets on mod, but i truely believe this way will lower the chances of people 'pirating' mods that people like Mythbuster work hard to make. (Rooted for you and used all your mods since RoR man ;))

Back on topic: Are you going to be making a usdm version of the Chaser (Toyota Cressida)?
    What other kinds of versions did you also have in mind?

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

My reasoning for doing this is 1: I find it extremely disrespectful(both the modding of alpha content and the re-uploading stuff without permission), and 2: I find it absolutely pathetic when people pirate indie games. Indies don't make that much money so they need it the most.

If all mod-makers would only release in groups, the pirates will eventually run out of mods. Regardless of wheither that'll make them buy the game, it does mean we deny them the fun of the game for free.

You can tell me it's immature all you want, tough shit. I find it way more immature how you act like you're entitled to get any content. I'm in no way obliged to even make anything. It's MY content. I can decide if I want to release this to 1 person but not the other, simply on the basis that one of them has green socks and the other has red. It's just that simple. It has NOTHING to do with me selling them or not.

Besides, eventually I might want to earn a little money with these cars, I won't earn a dime if you all know you can get the same exact vehicle from another website, or if some twats keep sharing them through Skype so their friend doesn't have to pay for it. I've shared private betas with someone before, and told em not to send it to others. Day later, I found people posting pictures when I never sent them anything. Funnily enough the person who leaked it had the nerve to be upset when I deleted him as well, saying he didn't do it.

It's not about actual result, It's about sending a message.. I will try not to exclude honest people, and decide on post history and such weither or not I give access(which is more work for me), however, it might happen that someone with good intentions gets excluded. In which case: tough. I just can't be bothered to deal with disrespectful people anymore, it demotivates me greatly, hence this decision.

I may still release the car publicly regardless, I don't mind AS MUCH if the full release gets uploaded elsewhere. It's still a dick move and I still hope whoever does *that* gets hit by a train, but a pre-alpha? Come on. So, Alphas and Betas will definitely go in a private group(which will still allow access to quite a lot of people, don't worry. ).

@above: Cressida and Chaser are different cars completely, sorry. I'm probably just doing the JDM.

Also, don't beg to join the group. It'll only affect you negatively. I'll pick people who can join.

#75 Mythbuster, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  16. DrKabel32

DrKabel32
    Expand Collapse

I have been around here for a long time (although I don't write a lot) and it is frustrating to see how things develop.
    If it was only for the forum, I surely would be long gone. But there are (still) some encouraged people making mods that I absolutely do not want to miss here. I really appreciate the time and work you all put into these mods and the patience you had so far. I see this game rather as a driving sim so i have absolutely no use for these crappy mods that exist out there. PLEASE don't stop with what you're doing! Even if that means we are not going to be able to enjoy it.
    It really is a shame that there is no other way than excluding a major part of the community to make sure your work is treated with the amount of respect it deserves.

17. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Welp, at least I have the pre-alpha, but I completely understand your reasoning behind this, not just because of your above post, but from how the feeling of being stolen from, well, feels. I would love to be in your beta/alpha group, but you are obliged to do whatever you want with me.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The slightly ironic thing, in the pre-alpha state its better quality than some of the mods on that site

19. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

maxresdefault[1].jpg toyota-mark-ii-japan-1991[1].jpg

@Mythbuster: Dang, all this time I thought they were the same car just rebadged for differant countries.(<Cressida-Chaser>)

Thanks for clearing it up. :)

20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Mythbuster states the reasons why my FS65 will most likely never become public, but pivate to a few people .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice