A few ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by burk, Oct 26, 2015.

1. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

So basically these are a few ideas I got

•studded tires, they work better on ice and Tarmac, but would produce more friction?

•"potato mode", for people that love the game but don't have a great pc, it could be something in the setting that simply is a toggle and after switching on, all cars have less jbeams and some jbeams might merge together making less jbeams and less stress on the pc.
    This would obviously be followed by some kind of warning saying that the game would not perform as well/realism would go down and cars would not deform as well.
    This would mean that some cars would have to be re-jbeamed and mods would probably not work

•tyre temperature, explains itself if you know anything about cars, cold types = less grip
    Hot tires = more grip and so on

•curse control, this would probably only be in the sbr4 or Pessima but it would do what a normal Cruze control does, also has limits, like in our jeep you must be going at least 30 km/h before it works and I think it only goes to 155 or 255(German car)

•car mileage, this is mostly just like a stats sheet, but would show how many miles you have driven with a specific model, and might even show that in the car's dashboard

•transmission limits, for example in a modern car with an automatic transmission, if you would attempt putting it in reverse while going even just 5-10+ km/h it Would automatically shift into neutral,
    This would not apply with older or manual cars

•sport mode for automatic's, for example our jeep is automatic, but if you push the gear leaver to the left while driving it changes it's behavior and let's the car rev higher before shifting into the next gear and also stays in the gear for a shorter time so the car is more often at a higher engine speed/always at peak power

•window wipers :D

•"water performance" basically if your engine goes thru water it might loose some of its performance before it completely dies

Also if a dev sees this, it would be nice to see an explanation for not being able to do something/ the possibility of it

2. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Please fix typo, it really bugs for for some reason.
    I don't really agree with this, but a graphics potato mode would be nice where it would render everything as a potato lower the graphics to even below lowest. They kinda have a physics potato mode already, it disables inter-beam-collision or something. ↓ this ↓

3. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Don't think it's really worth it to be honest, I mean, no official map (including WIP ones) has snow. Maybe they could add that and the winter tires in a Christmas update :p

I think that it's not worth it. Yes, it would increase performance, but I think that you should be able to run the game resonably well with a PC that's less than 5 years old.

If it was an option in the gameplay menu, I'd be fine with it, since it is impossible not to kill your tires with a keyboard, and some people only have a keyboard.

I quite like that idea.
    Can't give opinions on the other things since I'm on my phone right now and I really cannot be bothered to write any more :p

4. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

i wrote this whole thing on a phone Kappa

5. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

There is a trip odometer that tells you how many miles you've driven since you've spawned the car. It's an app in the UI editor.

6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

potato mode already exists; you can disable inter-vehicular collisions in the gameplay menu, and it will tell you that the vehicles will not behave as intended but it's a last resort for optimization.

7. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

(ಠ_ಠ)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice