a more complex ignition switch system

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by urbanestdog45, Jan 14, 2020.

1. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

This idea I have which stemmed from adding a new ignition switch system, which would add ignition positions (off, entertainment electronics(skippable), run, and start(returns to “run” after starting vehicle)). I would like in the game where if the car’s starter is in the “off” position, you can turn on headlights and hazards, but any infotainment screens and any lights in the gauge cluster are off. the turn signals stalks can move, but will not activate the turn signal lights. when the car is switched to the “run” position, all the lights in the gauge cluster turn on for 5 seconds, then all turn off, as how most modern cars do. the car also has a warning chime during those 5 seconds. when the switch is in the “start” position, the lights dim considerably, as most of the electricity is sent to the starter motor, then the engine starts and it returns to the “run” position without producing the chime or lighting up the gauge cluster.

in newer cars that have a push-button start, when you’re in manual mode, you have to press the brake when starting the car because otherwise, the car will not start.

p.s: This ignition stuff should be disabled by default but is possible to enable it in settings

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sounds like a cool idea, no clue how they'd go about it though.

3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Here is more simple suggestion: to make the starter only TRY to start motor. And needing to hold the button some time BEFORE the motor starts. If you release button before - motor should't start.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I made that recently as a private mod in an older version of the game. As far as I know the devs are not really planning on
    sophisticating the ignition/starter system because it conflicts with the AI traffic, as the cars run the same instances (code-wise)
    as the players' car.

#4 NOCARGO, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

SUPER! Is it possible to remake in current game?

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Yeah sure it is, but core files are being changed of course. If I remember correct I had a problem assigning the controls
    for the starter though, cause what you actually do is activate and deactivate different functions (in code) when you use the starter.
    So I used two buttons to make it work, "v" to start cranking and "b" to stop cranking. The starter function in the code does
    actually a lot more then just cranking and it's a sort of hybrid between a cranking function and an ignition function and it's
    used for enabling and disabling the engine in certain circumstances (stalling, drowning, damage etc).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice