a more realistic interior

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by lyndon123, Feb 19, 2017.

1. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

this morning i was busy picking a part a 200bx. when i got to the dashboard, i tried to literally rip it out of the car and lets just say that did not happen. and i thinking: wouldn't it be good if the interiors of cars were jbeamed, or like the interior of the caravan. so just have it a fully removable part, same with the seats. and maybe make the cars more bitty and allow parts like the roof to be ripped off again like the caravan

• Like Like x 2
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Making the interior separate would be very tricky, and the end result might not be that reallistic as interiors of cars have very wonky collisions.

As for the roof there is no reason in most cars for it to be a separate part like a door. For the caravan it makes sense since it's made of flimsy wood panels, but for a car with a solid body, a separate roof seems unreallistic.

3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

another thing is adding features and features results in laggy vehicles. The current cars are well optimized to work on a large range of PC configs. They are all under 800 nodes, more or less.

4. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

yes. but the caravan is not laggy. i just think that the roof of the cars should be able to be ripped clean off and the front seats and the dash should be like one of the interior parts of a caravan. the sort of if you crush it too hard it disappears, like the ambulance too
    --- Post updated ---
    but seriously, just imagine being able to rip out the dash of a car it would be one of those really evil things which is very fun
    --- Post updated ---
    i also find the steering wheel is a little unrealistic too, it should be a part of the dash
    --- Post updated ---

at around 8:50 in this video, the crane literally peels the roof of of this poor Japanese car, then rips out dashboard . this is the video which has triggered all this thread

5. A5R

A5R
    Expand Collapse

They'll have to implement metal tearing for the roof and body to tear open, which is probably quite complicated to do and may not even be possible. You never know maybe the developers will amaze us like they have before. If your saying the roof should be a part, then that will behave unrealistically, as in real life the whole body of the car is one unibody except maybe in older cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

You didn't understood what i explained. The caravan is way more simple, even if awesome, than a car which have an engine, four wheels, and so on. what i ment is that if you had such complex feature to a car that is already complex, it will result into a less optimised vehicle that will be more CPU intensive. It's a question of compromise. Of course it's possible to have a dashboard you can rip off, but its it isn't already made, i'm pretty sure there is a reason for that.

7. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Well, i agree on the part that we should have a bit more interior customisation, and that the interior (Atleast the chairs) should be Jbeamed to prevent weird deformation, but its askin g for too much.

8. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

The caravan can be laggy if you play with a low end computer.

The rest have been said before me.

9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Some of the carseats are already jbeamed, they usually have worse deformation... also why does this even matter, customization is more important than how realistic the interior deformation is.

This game needs more customization.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice