WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

Burnout Paradise had an area like this as well, could be worth using that game for some references/ideas

2. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I actually watched this whole video. He's right, it is fun to know stuff lol.

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

New road carved in (a good solid mile or so). This connects 3 roads that were truncated and didn't go anywhere. The fourth (near the center) will also get connected soon.
    I wanted to have more complete work, but rain has started moving in and as such, my satellite internet is bad enough when skies are clear - had to post this now.
    It's already graded, just needs some AI routing and some visuals so it looks like a road. You'll be able to drift this one up or down, and have a good time here. Mind the vehicles turning left though, as there will be a few intersections added in due time. Also, this will even connect to the roads that are orphaned (with no bridges) down by the coast-line, but that'll be a few days yet on that.
    Connecting the road on the coast and fixing the missing bridges was a request I intend to fulfill before the next release.
    I will have better pictures in the future when the weather is more cooperative and I have time to work on the map.
    BUG: Rock LOD's (distant detail) are pink and should be terrain colored like the detailed models are. Will fix this!

That's all for right now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope no one got a DUI/DWI!

• Like Like x 9
  4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Finished nearby curbing (within a few blocks radius) on the main drag, and built a small strip-mall. Trying to build up with some of the older models until I get the new models in.

Expect this area to get more built up before this month's release happens.
    Also, I purchased some models over Black Friday and Cyber-Monday sales at 30~70% off. One of those models is a car repair shop (exterior only! going to source in-game things for the interior of it, as the interior garage models that ship with this game are very well made and fairly-well-sorted when it comes to draw calls / a.k.a. FPS optimized). I also grabbed an elevated train platform (I will try to connect the tracks on both sides of the lake before the next release but it's some heavy work, so time will be the deciding factor). Didn't even spend 20$ on myself this past Black Friday / Cyber Monday, pretty much all went for the map this time.
    All other work was model work. This is not yet complete so I won't show it right now.
    The next release will be run through the map slimmer tool so that the download isn't so monstrous.
    --That's all for right now.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

Idea : make a poster about white sunday .

Make other poster about Brands advertissement ( tasti Cola , grip all , nomi , etc ) and car ( ibishu , Gavril , etc)

Make more roundabout

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

There will likely be various brand advertisements for the fictitious brands I've introduced, and also may feature some of the BeamNG stock game advertisements. I do have these things on the 'To-Do list', and will be putting them in sometime in the future, not sure when. Good ideas though and definitely a value-add in terms of immersion. I believe I have some purchased professional billboard models, and a free one or two, have to see which is best (or use in-game ones).

It's very possible there will be a (few) roundabout(s) in general neighborhoods as they're putting them into various neighborhoods around the country, even if it's just a round 'island' placed within a normal four-way intersection (there's online videos of drunks hitting these at full road speed and clearing a few property lengths before landing, possibly getting up to 10~12 feet in the air sometimes more). Since roundabout intersections are fairly 'new' to USA roadways and this is a USA map, there won't be too many, but there will be some, to give everyone a little chance at something different.
    Not sure what 'White Sunday' is but I will have to look it up later.
    Thanks for writing in with suggestions.
    Others can feel free to write in suggestions / comments / complaints / etc also. I am always open to suggestions, as this is a map funded mostly by the community (and me, where/when possible), for the community, to give everyone a little (or a lot) of something to enjoy.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I think having a good number of stock beamng advertisements would be good for continuity lore wise, since the official maps have them.

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That was the intention, but ALSO, in addition, I will add in my own as the names are ridiculous. Can add some good comic relief as people are trying to concentrate negotiating the hundreds upon hundreds of mountainous corners present on this map's roads.
    'Lest we not, it'd almost be boring. Can't be having any of that now.

Spent a good two hours tweaking the height and banking just right on this road-carving operation here. The old road got pretty much wiped out when I re-did the terrain here a year to year-and-a-half ago, and also when an older update (two years ago?) to the game ate all the old 'mesh road bridges' that were put in, way back in 2016~2017 - leaving it bridgeless and undriveable.
    This road will wind along the side of the hill/mountain/large_lump_o_terrain and slowly climb as it goes to the right-side of the shot, where it meets up crossing the route which I showcased some number of days ago, that just recently got carved in (post 2403; ABOVE, this page). This road continues across that route and goes for a while, eventually crossing the highway and leaving you out near one of the full-cloverleaf interchanges in that general direction, at the edge of the city proper.
    Will post more pictures when it's not absolutely POURING out, because satellite internet in the RAIN FOREST of Tennessee seems to really have been a BAD idea. Turns out I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer (for getting this internet), after-all, never-mind the rest of the spoons camping out in there wouldn't even let me in anymore.

Attached Files:

• new_vs_old_road_alignments.png
    • Like Like x 4
  9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So I've thrown in a few miles of roads since the last post went up. Mostly in the area near the missing bridges / highway tunnel. You can finally get to the building above the split-highway tunnels now.
    REQUEST: "PLEASE REPLACE MISSING BRIDGES NEAR THE EDGE OF THE MAP" <~~~ being fixed currently
    This will be in the next update, just to be clear. I've got a little under two weeks to get it up and online and still manage to get it to the Patreon supporters early. So I'm really getting a lot of roads in. They aren't all in yet nor all detailed / completely delineated & finish dressing the terrain, so there will be more close-ups when they're better polished up for show. I've taken care of making sure the faster routes are free of bumps especially in the middle of s-curves, as can happen with the manner in which I carve roads (using mesh roads; I was the one who suggested such a feature to the devs back in game version 0.5 when working on the original pre-city version of this map, so I do know it's limits).
    TRAFFIC will be thinner near the edge of the map and in rural areas than it will be in the city, for obvious reasons.
    Not sure if PARKED traffic spawners will be functional in the next release. Who knows, not the world's biggest priority, but it's still important. There's already thousand+ parking spaces if not ten-thousand+ (probably thousands at the Sprawl-Mart alone, same with the mall, so there may be over 10,000 for all I know, thankfully the mall is abandoned unless YOU are in there).

Obviously, floating curbs / misc infrastructure bits won't be present in the beta, neither will the orange things or some of the ugly parts of the unfinished terrain. Things are super-duper unfinished right now, but I've had lots of time to map the last few days, so lots of road construction going on. Bridges don't show up from far away due to how many of them there are in the map, this was a performance improvement that needs more fine-tuning so they don't disappear so early - same with dam pieces / trapezoid pillar-bases.
    A note on the shore-side path that was missing bridges: it will have it's bridges back but you still might need to take the stone trail as there will be a 2-mile section of snaking roadway that won't be back in time for the next beta (it needs custom models for roads on cliff-sides). You will be able to drive much of it, but will detour on the pre-existing dirt path for a mile or so, if you wish to do the whole length and get back to civilization without turning around.
    It's actually not raining for once, but it will be POURING in an hour or two. It just won't quit for more than a few hours, and there's still a few days to go of this... or the rest of the month. It has been 65F in the daytime, though, so I'll take my chances enjoying the warmth. Expect that if it's pouring in central Tennessee, that I might be even slower than usual getting back to folks, as my internet goes down anytime it does more than sneeze outside.

#2409 bob.blunderton, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Malamo999

Malamo999
    Expand Collapse

Lawrence Tunnel? By the Country Club?

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes actually, clarify with some source-pictures or an arrow pointing on the game-map (I have Burnout Paradise *original* on here of-course, not the remake, just the original but of-course it's installed!). This will help me narrow down where I need to be to see what you want me to see. Thanks! Oh, and absolutely positively no hurry here on that. It's a whenever type of deal.

*0.27 breaks a few textures, but the game will still load the map and it functions as-intended otherwise.
    Textures broken:
    -Recently added HVAC/vent texture on the run-down concrete tower (see pic 1)
    -6-lane avenue delineation is broken in whole, all the white lines (there's no yellow on it but now it's all orange).
    Textures will be RENAMED on the 6-lane and the source-files due to conflicts with the other maps causing things like this!
    -As a result of the texture on the 6-lane being broken, the prefab parking-lots also have some broken textures. The parking stalls however are fine (for the time being, maybe that's saved to later break on 0.28). This includes the abandoned mall lot.

I wish I could go and show nicer stuff, sorry but it's a circus of broken textures with the 0.27 update.
    Still, enjoy the new in-game map and I'll be busy working on polishing off things + fixing broken stuff.
    I'd prefer to have something fresh and new for all supporters before Christmas, doing my best here.
    The above textures comprise the majority of what's broken, but if you find MORE broken, please show them to me!!!
    If things are *working* on your end that are broken above for me, ALSO, PLEASE let me know so I can look into it.

--That is all for right now. I hope everyone enjoys any vacation time they might get lucky enough to have.
    Will post back when I find WHY the stuff is broken (won't bother with it tonight), and when it's fixed.
    P.S. I was quiet for a bit as I had a nasty stomach bug for over a week, and still have it. Invest in bathroom tissue stocks if you're able. I feel like my warranty ran out...

• Like Like x 6
  12. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Hope you feel better soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mimifelix

mimifelix
    Expand Collapse

Hello to all, can you please respond?
    I found a map called Italy Extra. It fetures a new racecraft, a new indutry, come offroad trails , giant trees, and A UNDERGROUND TEMPLE.
    I am searching who published it because i can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I might open a forum wher i publish photos of this map.
    For now, please respond.

14. 1M_Funny_Things

1M_Funny_Things
    Expand Collapse

looks good

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, I want to see it

16. mimifelix

mimifelix
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Just a shout-out that FALLOUT 1, FALLOUT 2, and FALLOUT TACTICS are free on epic game store for the next 20 hours or so, free to keep.
    So if you have the EPIC store app / service, go look it up on the FREE section. You have less than 24hr for this!
    They are doing a give-away a day, something to check if you are up for some freebies.

Now, since my stomach isn't on a warpath, my sinuses are now on said warpath (my niece who lives with us, had strep throat, and a week after she was better than I got it).
    LOVELY. That's alright though, I am over the worst of it, and have antibiotics for it and should kick it by Sunday.
    Taking anti-biotics, some allergy pills to keep stuff from ponding in my lungs and help dry-out my sinuses, and religiously cleaning my sinuses with cotton swabs (Q-Tips) twice a day to keep them free of infectious built-up and allow them to mostly dry out.
    A few allergy pills + Q-tips = can breathe through my nose like almost nothing is the matter for several hours. Seriously, remember this next time you get sick, it makes it a TON more tolerable. Light bleeding inside your sinuses should be expected and not cause for serious alarm. Just be gentle and don't injure yourself in the process, as the reward of clear breathing is quite a good deal when you're sick with strep-throat or sinus infections. It also makes you heal a lot faster and even sleep better. No more mega-snore when you're sick - your wives will love you again.
    @JoshD Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it & God bless. When it rains, it pours. That's my health in a nutshell.

Slowly working this mess into a winding mountain road that crosses a small stream 4x as it winds back and forth up the mountain side. This is over not far from where the highway crosses the mountain on the long straight section that goes out to the future island base.
    Please excuse the UGLY orange carving-guides showing over the terrain, but that's where the road will go.

You can see where this will be located (where it's bright orange) when it's done, in reference to the other parts of the map. Keep in mind THE WATER IS INVISIBLE IN THE SHOTS so that I can see the terrain wire-frame mode properly (as the water wire-frame shows through and is confusing to look at). The water will be back when the map is uploaded, so no worries there.
    I am slowly working the better designed roads in place of the older ones that are 6 years old.
    There's also a section where an open-pit mine will be. There will be quite a few mines, mostly surface ones, maybe half a dozen, as they also make awesome dirt tracks. I only realized the shape when I was done drawing out where the mine goes, oops. Oh well.
    Also, below, I've formed a stream bed / culvert section for where the road will cross.

In the 2nd shot above you can see a new stream bed which means that the small bridge on the highway now has some meaning. Only took years to get that far. That said, if you drove across the median at good speed, there's a small rise on each side between the bridges and you'll easily clear the gap with next to no damage. The ground is being graded so that it looks natural as it drains to the small water-ways. There will be some green grass fading to less green on the large hills and rock-sided mountains. It won't be as rust-colored as it is now, as I am still in the process of perfecting terrain color.
    So entirely, if you like drifting, the newly updated road with it's small bridges and constantly snaking roadway will be an enjoyable endeavor even if driving by keyboard like me.
    I will keep folks posted on the work being done here over the coming days. I personally can't wait to try the new road out as those are some of my favorites after the high-speed highways.
    EDIT: Here's the area after some more carving, a few bridges, and less orange guides.

Man I really need to work on this terrain, it looks terrible compared to the newer stock maps. Not sure how far I will get on the terrain looks before the next upload, but just happy to be back to carving in winding mountain roads... I could have left the old one as it was and 95% of folks might never have driven down it more than once or twice, but now it's much more able to be a destination in itself (when it's done) and not just 'filler' getting you from point A to B, or point A to LOST for a majority of us.
    Sure, it might not be as good as current gen games, but I can try to make it nice enough to not be an immersion killer for the majority of us.

#2417 bob.blunderton, Dec 22, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  18. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Stay safe man, and get well soon.
    Amazing to see the progress you make each time you post.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

Health to you and your family.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 1M_Funny_Things

1M_Funny_Things
    Expand Collapse

get well soon, bro
    also the map looks amazing so far. keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice