WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. consulaisme

consulaisme
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting a weird cockpit view in only your map, Utah vs yours

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2019-12-24_02-17-32.png
    • screenshot_2019-12-24_02-18-46.png
    • screenshot_2019-12-24_02-14-36.png
    • screenshot_2019-12-24_02-14-46.png
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

When you're in the cockpit, use WASD keys to move the cockpit camera, it basically 'adjusts the seat'. I would chalk it up as a game bug, but I DO move my cockpit camera a bit back to match my driving seating position IRL.
    If this isn't a substantial enough fix for you, then please wait about a week or so and I will likely have a fix online on the repository by then. Sorry about that. Let me know how it goes!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MegaBytesMe

MegaBytesMe
    Expand Collapse

I have come across some missing textures in the map. I have attached a photo and the beamng.log file.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. consulaisme

consulaisme
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the fast reply, I have been moving my "seat" forward and backward and I still have the weird clipping in my view

5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the information. By the way, Merry Christmas to you bob.blunderton :)

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I've change the near-clip setting in thelevelinfo in the map editor (inside the F11 map editor's F1 object editor screen, use the right-side box to look for levelinfo, and look for near clip which is 0.2, it should be 0.1 for no issues with clipping). This should solve this bug.
    Thanks/ You're very welcome, you also!
    Thank-you, I think I might have nicked this bug now. I will be uploading something tonight after midnight to test and see if I fixed it. You can be the official Guinea Pig for the test (hooray!).
    Anyone else who got the no-texture orange terrain bug (especially by the mall!) PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I will be checking the last page or two and sending everyone a copy via MEGA NZ in private message.
    There will be options!
    To re-download the map as-released is 1.4gb
    To download just a patch, for the /levels/tsh/art/terrains folder, is 70mb (this won't fix the glitching of the in-car camera though, only the terrain issues). To fix the in-car camera, you'd have to re-download the whole map unfortunately, as it would get quite complicated with replacing files in different places.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
    The fix will officially hit the repository after the 6th of January (delay due to winter holiday).

#1066 bob.blunderton, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  7. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

I've been absolutely loving this map recently, traffic AI is a blast to mess around with.
    One issue I've found is that the AI for this on ramp here seems to be set to two way opposed to the one way of the motorway it attaches to, so I'm usually ending up with a rather damaged front bumper every time I drive round there
    upload_2019-12-27_21-18-27.png
    From what I've seen it's just this one piece of road, although there might be more since the others aren't as long and the AI usually doesn't spawn many cars on them.
    I've also been having the texture issues previously mentioned here after the most recent update mainly around the airport area. I've tried the usual clear cache etc to no avail
    upload_2019-12-27_21-22-28.png upload_2019-12-27_21-22-59.png

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, yes that ramp uses the OLD AI way point method, I'm currently grandfathering that out but I haven't had time to get it all yet. It should be all fixed up within 2~3 weeks though. AI way point method (even on West Coast map) can't be told one way (it can do directional AI, but the AI doesn't pick up on that currently in the traffic engine).
    The no-textures are due to a conflict of terrain textures from the game maps itself. I am currently testing a fix, I will send you a private message with a link to it on Mega NZ. You can replace your existing download with it and see if it works okay or not.

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I have a patch that goes inside this map's zip file (bob_city_map_alpha_patreon_preview).
    The patch goes in the \levels\TSH\art\ folder and should over-write the folder that is in there
    The patch is 70mb, and should correct the error, the editor was not saving all the terrain layers into the materials file.
    https://mega.nz/#!LcFT1A5Z!dBTKYkuug43A3wV5DJSJOk_CsBLagZgyt4uhKdxRueQ
    Someone, PLEASE, let me know if this fixes the no-texture errors for you. It should correct all of them.
    This can be used on any version of the map (please let me know if it does more harm than good).
    Please back up your original zip file before modifying the copy. Do not have more than one copy of the map in the game at one time.

EDIT: VERIFIED, THIS DOES FIX THE TERRAIN ISSUES, HOORAY.
    Fix coming after the 6th of January (that's when the staff gets back and the repo can be updated).

#1069 bob.blunderton, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

This 1.4GB is even larger than the 1.2 GB NEW Tennessee USA Roane County Beta, REAL TERRAIN, 8gb System RAM

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well unfortunately when you build a huge place / area, it takes a lot of textures to do it. There's no way around that really. Just wait though, I'll look have it even better looking as textures are on my to-do list over here. Certainly I am super-duper sick of those repeating poorly tiled building textures in a few spots.

12. TheDarkGamer

TheDarkGamer
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-12-28_18-3-20.png

The texture bugs seem to be fixed at a glance.

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, thank-you for reporting back! I appreciate this feedback.
    Everyone that's tried it and got back to me says it's fixed now.
    I will make sure to patch the map accordingly when holiday break is over for the staff (they deserve the time off!).

14. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you.

You are awesome :D

15. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-12-29_18-46-35.png screenshot_2019-12-29_18-46-48.png

All seems well and fixed, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegaBytesMe

MegaBytesMe
    Expand Collapse

This is odd - I'm getting missing textures even after applying the patch to the updated map that was sent to me.

I have attached the log and a photo.

Thanks

Attached Files:

17. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey bob.blunderton, I have a question for you.

Is the road building modular kit going to be a prop you can spawn in the vehicle menu or no?

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Please spawn it in the editor. It's a 900+ piece kit that would clutter up the spawn menu to the point it would no longer function.
    Looks like the patch wasn't put in the right folder inside of the bob_city_map_alpha_patreon_preview zip.
    Please put the terrains folder from the 70mb zip inside of that map zip above, in the folder /levels/tsh/art so that it over-writes the terrains folder that's there.
    Please also make sure you don't have any extra copies of the map somewhere in the beamng drive folders. It can sometimes find things outside the levels folder but not outside of the documents\beamng.drive folder. You may have a copy in beamng.drive\repo\mods or beamng.drive\mods.
    (only) if you edit maps for the below part:
    Please make sure that you don't have the following folder: documents/beamng.drive/levels/tsh just in-case you saved some changes to the map at some point (unlikely to have it unless that's what you did).

Also, an addendum here for map progress:
    Yes, I've been working on some things, buildings and future textures. I will have something to show in the coming days, please stay tuned!
    I'm also trying to figure out Substance Designer, which I managed to pick up for only 103 dollars* and change with the Steam 5$ "you probably spent too much" coupon, WITH a perpetual license, at 33% off it's normal price of 149.99$. Patreon funding was used to purchase this software. While it makes things a little tight, seeing as I had to replace the video card, fund Christmas for the (my sister's) kids, AND buy this software, it was at steep discount and wouldn't be on much discount during the remainder of the year. So now was the time to buy! It saves me 50$, which is 50$ of Patreon money that can go towards purchasing professionally made subway assets for the stations - so that my subway stations no longer look like I stole them out of Doom. OLD DOS Doom. Keep in mind the subway was but a concept, just a proof-of-concept that shows 'yes it can be done, why don't the official maps have one already?'. I will improve the subways later on.
    Good news of all that is again Substance Designer via Steam is a PERPETUAL license, with the first year having updates, then you are on your own after that, but may still use the software sans further updates. Buying it via the developer's website is via a monthly fee, vs Steam's perpetual license, so I recommend Steam over the monthly unless you're just going to be doing it for a short bit.
    *103 US dollars price includes 10% state sales tax in the state of Tennessee. It was 98.99$, knocked down to about 93.99$ with the coupon, tax making up the rest.

So as soon as I figure this out a bit better, I can get rid of more of those VERY poorly tiled textures!
    I will also be knocking out some (but not all!) of the 8k road textures, and integrating them into the terrain by the next release (I hope so anyways). So I need the beta testers and supporters to please be mindful of any terrain-induced bugs on this next one - especially with the current public release fiasco. Derp!
    Oh, and happy new year, welcome to 2020, hope everyone feels a decade older :)
    Derp Derp!
    --The Bob
    PSA: Steam sales are running until Jan 2nd some-time so make sure to get stuff while you can. Saint's Row the Third and IV are on deep discount. So if you want some low-budget GTA style stuff that has over-the-top unbelievable comedic mayhem, be sure to check out IV and possible 'the Third' also. I more-so picked them up for map design research and ideas, but will attempt to play them as time allows also.

#1078 bob.blunderton, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my question and thank you for the informative post :)

20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I've been busy working with textures as I mentioned previously. This is one of the custom 'tar repair' textures I've put out, it fits across the whole road and really helps give that 'Murica asthetic...

Below, this 341mb concrete road texture is now a terrain material (that should work properly, too, I CHECKED!), the terrain material is only 3.3MB - a savings of 338mb of video RAM (I will be removing the old texture from the asset folder as it's services are no longer needed). Texture's not 100% perfect, but close.

For comparison, old on the left of the sidewalk, new on the right. The old texture will be removed, and the new texture adjusted to be a touch darker. The parking lot will be returned to asphalt, I was just using that as a test to demonstrate and for comparison while adjusting textures.

Didn't even get to the buildings *YET*. Getting there!
    --- Post updated ---
    There, there's some buildings!

That will really look beautiful on the skyline :)

• Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice