WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey @bob.blunderton. Great work on the map. By the way, I have 2 questions.

1. Do you have any plans to update Roane county anytime soon, like in May or June, or after the 0.19 update, or no?
    2. Have you considered putting parody billboards of popular TV shows?

2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Roane County will be updated whenever the next update to the game breaks it, at the current rate. I'm pouring a lot of time into Los Injurus as I wouldn't want to burn time when folks donate with this project, so kindly. Roane County, Nevada Interstate, and Tail of The Dragon (Deal's Gap) are still maintained by me, updated on an as-needed basis only, currently. So if they break, it shouldn't ever be more than 10 days until it's updated.
    I don't watch TV beyond the news, or really OLD TV shows most of which are black and white. I have little to no use for modern programming, most of it is completely rubbish time-wasters that teach you nothing, and tons of advertising that tries (and fails miserably) to get me to part with my cash...
    About 16~17 years ago I got so sick of the commercial breaks, some of which were 8 minutes long and barely 18 minutes of show being on for a 30 minute block of programming, that I pretty much gave up entirely on TV. I don't even have TV in my bedroom at this point. There's one in the living room, but that's fine enough for me IF I actually go out there and turn it on.
    The whole thing is, why should I sit and watch non-interactive television, when I could stream whatever I want (aside of the data cap) or play an interactive video game these days?
    So no, likely no parodies of television shows as billboards, unless I stick the popular TV houses of the past in as house models (The Simpson's house is in, or a very close facsimile to it anyway).
    I will however parody popular video games...

Added some more wear blending (detailing) to the road surfaces to give it a more finished/realistic/immersive look (I have been doing this over the last 2 days, some may have already been in some screenshots). Will be doing more of this as-needed around this area. It was too plain before.
    Expect more detailing to happen as I work around this area over the next few weeks and build up more things.
    Next supporter update is around April 2nd~April 3rd sometime. Avoiding the first as that's April fool's day, for reasons which should be obvious.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey Bob. Thanks again for answering my questions. I do have one more question though. Have you considered adding on to this dead end?

screenshot_2020-03-28_19-24-05.png

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

It will be finished eventually, all illogical dead-ends will (except ones on surface roads in the city that have barricades because the highway went through etc).
    I just have to get to certain areas as I find the time to do them over, and they'll be fixed up & finished.
    If there's a question mark, giant stop sign, etc, then it's likely that I'll be eventually finishing that area in due time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoredFish

BoredFish
    Expand Collapse

What happened here. I have 16gb of ram and this is asking for about 18 billion gigabytes of ram when I open it. Why? what.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Wait nvm, it was a broken install of the mod

Attached Files:

• what.png
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it's not supposed to require 18 billion GB of memory... Have to admit I chuckled at that memory request pic there.
    On such a large file, it's inherently more likely to get a bad bit or bad data packet somewhere VS something that's a merely fraction of the size. So you're entirely NOT the first person to get a weird error or crash due to a corrupted download.
    I can't even upload anything to the internet without sending it through Mega hosting service because of Satellite internet here, and the fact that the uploading service on this site isn't fault tolerant (e.g. it would re-request a data packet that failed to match the checksum or didn't arrive, VS just fail and abort as it does). Mega in New Zealand is fault-tolerant, thankfully.

7. BoredFish

BoredFish
    Expand Collapse

I'm happy to say that is running perfectly now. Also I have it set to all high (except reflections is on but it's on the default settings) and i'm running a Intel Core i5 9600K (CPU is sometimes pinned to 100%. Usually about 85% to 95%) with 16gb of ram and a Nvdia Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB and running 6 AI cars, all while sitting at 50-60 fps. So the 6-8gb of vram is kinda inaccurate and should be updated (sorry if i'm coming off as rude. Don't mean to be).
    --- Post updated ---
    legit got in an accident (in game) and one of the AI cars is honking at a car on fire.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey @bob.blunderton. Here's a thread where you can talk about off-topic stuff. It's in general off topic.

Here's a link if you want to check it out: https://www.beamng.com/threads/general-discussion.7384/page-1967
    Thanks for answering my question.

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Redid the area here with entrance/exit ramps (it's almost done, not quite though)

Sorry if the pictures aren't their usual finished quality, I'm a bit buried in workload here at the moment and just wanted to upload SOMETHING for you guys to show what I've been up to.
    The reason I redid the exit / entrance ramps here, was that the piece used for it was solid underneath, and I wanted to put a drainage culvert (flood control canal) beneath the highway that you could drive through (and you can, 2nd last shot has a Pessima inside shown for scale). The tunnel goes almost a city block and does a 75 degree turn to the left under the highway and comes out at an angle. You might even be able to stuff a truck in there, though I'm not sure if the T-series with a trailer would fit.
    Will likely have the apartment lot I'm setting up done by the next beta (the lot that's over-top where the tunnel is). Also, I will be spending more time finishing up the bypass area that I've been building (was building and showing pictures of it last week or so).
    So the next beta that comes end-of-week for supporters will have two new finished grocery store lots, a new apartment complex (or two), the aforementioned flood control canal below ground, and some new roadway in addition. This is in addition to a bit of texture work (read: not much, half a day maybe at most on textures this time) that I have done over the last two weeks.

Due to covid putting a crunch on my budget (mainly to help others in my immediate family), I had to push off what I had silently planned for April fools, so you won't see anything on that topic from me this year, sadly. Maybe it'll be a nice break from the rest of the calamity. However, when the budget frees up a little in another week or two, I will see to it that I spent a day or two working on what I had in mind - even if it's half way through April until it gets online, or possibly even May.
    No part of Los Injurus is planned to be in April fools stuff currently. I'd like to keep the beta on schedule for the 2nd or 3rd, depending on how far I get (there's some things yet that will delay the beta a day or two depending on how much I can get done between juggling poor health and schedule). At absolute latest, it'll be Sunday morning (the 5th) as worst-case for beta links going out, hopefully it does not take that long - but I just wanted to be upfront about it with everyone, so there's no let-downs.

That being said, I hope everyone is well, and that we don't lose anyone to this world-event.
    Please mind the curfews, social isolation, and quarantine guidelines of your locality for the better good of everyone. Keep sanitizer with you in small bottles at all times, as I do in my car. You might thank yourself later when you don't have thousands if not tens of thousands in hospital bills after foregoing so. I know I sound like a PSA, but this is getting serious and USA is hit the worst.
    Be strong folks, and maybe keep the Benedryl handy in-case your lungs start to fill up (I get similar symptoms every year this time, and have trouble breathing without it during the worst of allergy seasons!), as it helps you expunge excess mucus from your lower respiratory area (lungs!).
    In other news, our town was mostly looking abandoned the last few days since early Sunday morning, when some serious straight-line-winds knocked down several buildings including a metal pole-barn equipment warehouse, ROLLED sheds around/through one another at the Lowes, and broke the Walmart... I think the Walmart took 2 whole days to re-open... but it even ripped off a few house roofs. The damage and quarantine didn't have as much effect on the town being not-so busy as the Walmart getting roughed up a bit did.
    Thankfully I was awake at 2:30am that morning (editing, what else!), since I can never sleep at night anyway, and I got the TORNADO WARNING on my desktop local forecast. I then went and woke up my retired mother (very carefully!) and told her to grab her dog and take cover, and then ran and got my sister's 11 year old daughter up and had her stay with me (as the walk-in closet in here is a 'safe' interior room with only clothes and computer parts in it) for a half hour until the most dangerous stuff passed. This weather is no joke this year, we're off to a roaring (literally) start after an unusually mild winter. There was so much lightning in the sky it looked like a florescent light bulb that's on it's way out, as I stood at the window watching the storm's direction and showing the 11 year old. I said 'see that, when it's bright more than it's dark? That's when you know - just like when it looks like police strobe lights - that something isn't right and you should take cover'.
    Please, PLEASE Teach your kids that. It might save their lives one day - and possibly yours too! You can see that before you hear the train rumbling sound, thankfully we didn't have a tornado come even within a few miles of the house this time - I don't mind doing without that.
    As it stands currently, I don't believe the Covid situation will have much of an effect on my supporter map beta scheduled updates, not anything more than possibly 1~3 days here or there.

I wish everyone and their family/friends only the best in health, here from middle Tennessee USA...so be safe! --The Bob.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Got some signs in finally!

...and the grass IS truly greener... yes, more of that is in, too. Hopefully, now that I've spruced up those exit/entrance ramps (redid those), and added signs and some more field grass to the area, your next trip through should be a little more immersive. But I know, everyone just wants to drive inside the tunnel...

Tunnels are fun - that's why there's lots of them in Los Injurus, road tunnels, subway tunnels, highway tunnels, and even flood control canal tunnels now. Tunnels add another layer of depth, both a reason and reward for exploration. There will be all sorts of things just like this waiting for you when Los Injurus is much more complete.
    It just takes time - lots of it.

Edit: Fixed 3 instances of 'bush in the road' over by the dirt track, on the asphalt highway there.
    Edit again: Fixed another instance of 'bush in the road' 2 or 3 miles past the dirt track, going over the mountain via the old highway on the far side from the city as you go down - just past the overpass on the opposite side of the road.
    Let me know if there's more bushes in the road anywhere.

#1290 bob.blunderton, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So it's been a while since the repository version of this map was updated - supporter update still looks good for Sunday sometime. Barring too much rain and bad satellite internet, could delay it a day until I can get it posted.
    The reason I mention this is because, I wish to update the repository version this week some time, or maybe end-of-week or so. This is due to Covid going around, in hopes maybe I can make a 0.001% difference in the world and keep people in their house playing Los Injurus (and therefore keep them from going to Wally World and buying all the [censored] bathroom tissue). I don't want to burn the Patreon members by updating the repository version all the time, but it's been a good 3+ months or so since the last update anyway.
    If the next major game update (whenever it gets here, I have no info on if the current global pandemic is going to slow things down, or to what degree it shall) breaks the map, I will just update the repository version when needed if needed. I'm following the map-making game-engine guidelines much closer now than a few years ago, so maybe the next update won't be as painful (I hope?).
    I will have to tie up loose ends between the Sunday supporter beta and the repository version that will go live end-of-week, give or take a few days*.

*I am at the staff's mercy due to file size preventing normal forum uploading onto BeamNG website/forum here, as they must help me get it onto the servers. This is obviously beyond my control and at best-guess it can be between 1 and 4 days depending on their workload at the time, from when I upload it and send the link, to when it is available for everyone on the repository.
    Just wanted to post that little tidbit. Stay healthy folks!

• Like Like x 8
  12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Supporter beta is going out Monday morning, USA time, not tomorrow (Sunday) morning, as there's still a few things I need to finish up yet.
    I lost a lot of time in my yard today, and shopping for essentials in-town; it's going to start raining tomorrow (don't know when) and rain all the way through Wednesday. So there was no putting my yard duties off 'one more day' (though, to be honest, I would have loved to). I will have a better opportunity to test the map with this extra time and be able to finish things up better.
    This really shouldn't mess up the release window for the public version though, which I'd like to have out on Friday some time, as I don't have much that needs doing this week during the week.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Supporter beta should be out barring anything horrid, in a few hours later today when I wake up - taking too long can't stay up that late... will send it out 1st thing when I wake up in about 8 hours.
    Have to give it a good test for a bit (did some yesterday), and get it uploaded. Almost done with most things - didn't get all done yet... but that can wait until after beta.

What did get done thus far I assure you is top quality. There will be some unfinished things, but that's a small price to pay for what has been added & is playable.
    I will have ANOTHER beta going out the end of the week, you'll have the weekend to report bugs, and then I will push that one to the repository at the staff's convenience.
    2nd Beta is due to the two week schedule I'm trying to hit and it's been 2 days shy of 3 weeks with this one IIRC. Also, the 2nd is due to Covid-19 going around, maybe I can do my part and help keep people at their computer and in their house where they won't DIE.
    --Warm words as always... Beta comes mid-afternoon USA eastern or central time.

#1293 bob.blunderton, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Still waiting for this stupid, worthless, HOT GARBAGE internet to be able to upload anything!!!
    No really, Hughes Net in Murica is the 2nd most awful thing I have ever had, the most awful being Frontier DSL - which was what I had before.
    This is getting rediculous, to the point I've thought of moving solely because of the dumpster fire internet.
    So the beta will be online whenever this trash uploads it... could be hours, could be a day, don't know, nothing I can do right now about it.
    You'll get the notice as soon as I see it's uploaded, though. Can't depend on this terrible internet worth of nothing! African jungle has better internet than us.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Tonight on "My Internet Sucks", I got a little more touching up done since I couldn't get the map uploaded over the course of 12 hours (yeah, <65mb of 1.8x GB, pfft, I'm going to go get better stuff after this Corona stuff is all said and done).
    Will try uploading again in a little over an hour from now when the evening data cap is in effect. Sick of this rubbish Hughes Net satellite. It's absolute hot garbage on about half the days I need it, and it's an absolute dumpster fire now with throttling and 'two-tier internet class' in the USA after net neutrality has been repealed. It means news sites they want you to see come up decently, but your backup sites won't work. I am sure the people working from home love that. Issues with my internet will likely cause this supporter beta to eventually make it's way over to the repository after a few days. I would have had better internet right now but unfortunately, due to the cold going around, everyone's closed.

SPEED HUMPS! They're fun, and quite close to the real thing. Yes, lowered vehicles will bottom out, but a stock Pessima AWS like I use, shouldn't.
    They're added by the park here, which has lots of parking as it's going to face apartment buildings on all sides, hence required 'open space' or 'green space'.
    I finished up most of the road details on the bypass area (the higher road in some of the pictures with the small overpass, that comes out to the jug-handle), it really only needs traffic lights.
    Most stop signs have already been placed that needed to be. I optimized the existing AI a bit more so that I could add these areas in with AI, too, including the apartment complex I showed a few days ago, so that I don't exceed the AI limit for the map under 0.18 (as I said, this limit is to be removed or made much higher as-per the developers, the current limit was entirely unintentional and unplanned by them or myself).
    Stupid worthless internet better work tonight, or I'm placing my order for better internet tomorrow (which will take a few days to get the equipment here). I can't deal with this when I pay 80$ a month for satellite internet, never mind it's complete hot garbage most of the times, and the satellite delay of 4+ seconds on most things is atrocious.

• Like Like x 6
  16. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

so this means your internet has become a tabloidy platform where it just invades your life and privacy ?. Gee if that's so your better off sending telegrams to every one instead of dealing with that viral crap and an on topic question here: Are there going to be lots of potholes around on the lesser maintained roads that wont destroy my Bluebucks frame (at the speed limit) like ECUSA and roughly how many petrol stations are there going to be ? as a 353 v8 coupled to a Dual-matic is not a very economical package...

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Supporter beta has been posted.
    Please check your email or visit the map's Patreon to see your member's only link to the map, or join for access.
    The repository version should be updated sometime over the next 10 days - sooner if all goes well, but up to 10 days if I have difficulty uploading any changes I may need to make.
    DO try overnight if you have difficulty downloading the supporter beta from the server.
    --- Post updated ---
    California, where much of this map's inspiration comes from, doesn't get the necessary freeze/thaw cycles that pop holes in the road, as you speak of. There will still be some, but not too many however, and most will be confined to the more run-down neglected areas of the map. There's a lot of general uneven sections of pavement where there is visible deterioration and crack-filling going on - deliberately uneven, 99% of it is not 'lazy mapper uneven roads' unless I'm working in that area and have more to do. The rural 'old highways' that have the reflectors built-in are deliberately a bit uneven, especially in the slower right-hand lane. You'll notice the vehicle wallowing over the bumps with a regular feel to them when you drive down it. That's FAR from the only road with surface imperfections, though, as even storm sewers / parking lot catch-basins, patches, many bridges, and manhole covers aren't 100% flush with the road surface, when it's not deliberate and obvious.
    There will be plenty of service stations in the future, just not yet. I don't have an exact number handy but it will have a city's worth!

• Like Like x 1
  18. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

aaah I see that's good then, i'm fed up with large maps with nice highways having massive hidden potholes that would rip the wheel off spindle and there are some pretty bad ones around ECUSA that require a good slow down unless you like the car pulling to the left constantly, Or maybe I drive too fast for my useless eyes to keep up with. And that's good, as one must constantly be in range of a service station when the car constantly has a miserly 8mpg

19. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I know right, COVID-19 blows. I really hope scientists can find a cure for it soon. On Topic, I'm very happy to see all the progress you're making to this map. The new signs look very cool. I'll be happy when this and Roane County get updated. Both of these maps have very cool vibes to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Murdered AI is already fixed on my end, waiting for transfer to the servers here to update the repository version.
    If you don't use AI or don't desire to use it, there's not much difference between this and the latest supporter version. The AI and a number of small, barely notable bugs and a texture tweak or two are the only differences VS the supporter version dated April 7th. The new public release is April 8th, and says 'public release' in it's description.
    That said, look for this map, and Roane County, to get updated soon. I already have Roane County fixed, I just have to submit the file tonight/very early tomorrow morning, weather permitting.
    Yes the weather is going to be awful for the next day or two, nasty cold front coming in and all that, they don't think there will be tornadoes or anything like that though - only low risk for that.
    The last time we got severe storms, sheds rolled away, it tore down a metal industrial zone, and it broke the WalMart. Oh no, not the Wal Mart!
    Enjoy the game update, it looks fun!

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice