1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A newcomer says hi with a twist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Nick, Sep 8, 2013.

1. The Nick

The Nick
    Expand Collapse

I don't know where to start, this game (its not really a game yet) is exactly what I was looking for my whole life, it's like a dream come true for me and I'm not exaggerating. This kind of realistic cars, driving, soft-body physics, destruction just everything is what I was looking for, so after spending 5 minutes in the tech demo it was an insta-buy. I want to support this wonderful project with all I can, even though I'm a poor student with not much at my disposal, be it time or money, but I will still do whatever I can to support BeamNG.

I honestly think for a alpha it's incredibly well executed, the attention to detail in those vast levels is stunning and I frankly haven't seen a game made by four people that would be in such a good state in alpha. I dont want to just "fanboyishly" and blindly praise it, because there is still lot to do and improve of course but I think that pointing out obvious bugs and imperfections is silly and a waste of everyone's time.

So yeah hi BeamNG.drive community and may this wonderful game be even more wonderful.

But that is not all, I made a video of me trying to drive the animal that is Civetta Bollide on the industrial site track after the latest few patches. I'm not an experienced youtuber or video maker so bear that in mind, however please feel free to post any suggestions or comments of any kind. Oh and excuse the quality, something terrible has happened during the final production so don't play it in fullscreen :).

#1 The Nick, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Acek94

Acek94
    Expand Collapse

I'm with you. We've all been stuck with Dirt, GT5, Forza etc... I really hope that this game will be the pioneer in better racing games. I absolutely love this alpha. I'm pretty sure I've already spent over 24 hours already playing this. :)

4. MarkusPersson

MarkusPersson
    Expand Collapse

Yea imagine this EA, DICE, and BeamNG make a racing game DICE for graphic's BeamNG for physics and EA to make the game feel like a racing game

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no, get EA out of the question, EA will riddle it with bugs, or make it online-only or something stupid like that

6. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

EA is the epitome of video games. EA needs to die a hard, violent death.

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im pretty sure the quality issue is windows live movie maker. I use it and it does an incredibly bad job of exporting video even at high settings.
    But you had some pretty nice driving there. The quality of the video (as a whole, not screen quality) was pretty good and nice music was used. So gratz and welcome, enjoy your stay.

8. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Microsoft expression encoder doesn't seem to kil my video quality so he could try that.

9. The Nick

The Nick
    Expand Collapse

I was using camtasia studio to edit the video but the reason why the quality was so bad is because for some reason it set the video resolution to 1280x720 instead of the original 1980x1080, so my apologies for that will try to not make the same mistake again :)

10. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

you must be driving with a keyboard in that video :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme
    Expand Collapse

A warm welcome to you my friend!

And let me say I felt the exact same way about this sim when I found it. Didn't even bother with the demo, I just bought it moments after realizing it existed.

12. The Nick

The Nick
    Expand Collapse

Yes I'm driving with a keyboard :) I'd like to buy a wheel but they all suck except for those logitech g26/27 and those are incredibely expensive.

13. Colonel_Potter

Colonel_Potter
    Expand Collapse

Maybe try a game pad? I bought a wired xBox 360 controller specifically for this game. It makes a huge difference over the keyboard controls, especially not having full throttle on and off whenever you hit the throttle key on the keyboard. Made the game even more enjoyable in my opinion. You can find the controllers rather cheap on eBay. And the best part about the xBox controller is it's already mapped for the game. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.

14. RCDuke

RCDuke
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums The Nick!

Regarding your statement about using a keyboard. I used a keyboard for one day before I was fed up with it. I had a few PS3 controllers laying around that I wanted to use, but I originally thought that only X360 controllers would easily work with Windows. Fortunately, there is a great program (Better DS3) and a set of drivers (MotioninJoy) [drivers only, do not install DS3 tool] out there that allowed me to set up my PS3 controller and make Windows think it was a X360 controller. So you have a few more options out there.

15. eroc1970

eroc1970
    Expand Collapse

sony makes a program for that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice