Solved A skin I'm working on refuses to map properly

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Mario64iscool2, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

I'm making a skin for the 200BX and it won't map properly.
    It's supposed to be a gradient from the bottom of the windows to the base of the vehicle. It's a color-mapped skin so it uses Sliders 1 and 2.

Attached Files:

2. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I have looked through your mod and found a couple of mod breaking issues,

The first and most devastating is a simple compression mistake
    when you compressed your mod, you had selected the folder named "skinpack_mario64" this led to the mod having that folder inside the zip and beamng not being able to read your mod.
    To fix this your need to compress your mod from the "vehicles" folder and rename the resultant zip file to reflect your mod.

Secondly, the name of the jbeam was incorrect, causing errors in the materials.cs and stuffing the mod, which is now showing
    To fix this you need to rename the .jbeam file from "gradient_coupe_skin.jbeam" to "coupe_skin_gradient.jbeam".
    This follows the standard protocol of "[vehicle].skin.[name]" which is reflected in the materials.cs

Thirdly, the skin file names themselves weren't following the standard setup (vehicle]_skin_[name].[dds or png])
    You had "coupe_white.dds", that should be "coupe_skin_gradient.dds"
    and "coupe_skin_gradient.png" (Uv map) should be "coupe_skin_gradient_uv1.dds"

I recommend using dds textures for everything
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Exporting_Textures_-_DDS_Files

I hope this helps
    Euro

3. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

@Mario64iscool2 Did my solution help?
    --- Post updated ---
    If it has please mark the thread as solved, if not please communicate so I can assist you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice