1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A thing that bothers me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NistingurA, Apr 8, 2017.

1. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I've been around for a while.. I used to spend all my time on this forum, but back then there were like 3 poopposters. I agree that it has gotten a little too rowdy and cluttered with crap. But what do I do about it? I don't visit the forum. If you have a problem with something, just dump it lol. I only view this forum when I want to see a devblog. but every once and a while I'll check the forum, like today.

The best thing to try and do is be respectful to all peeps, no matter what. If you really have a problem with someone and what they're doing, report them instead of trying to make them shut up.

:)

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

This is grey box is also helpful. (mainly the second point, in this case)

Attached Files:

• Screenshot335.png
  3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

except from the fact that everyone just scrolls quickly past it.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Lately some people have been doing bad here.
    We will be more strict against 'not tolerated' behaviors and such, with the hope it will help cutting this bad tendency.

• Like Like x 17
  5. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

HOORAY!

6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

like some of those people who keep asking "give me permissions do download you monster truck packs". it gets answered and then the next post is the same thing, it may or may not be as bad with other groups cause both me and @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL get asked ALOT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

There have been a lot more thread bumping recently, there's 2 on the front page right now...
    But like a said, deal with it. There's nothing you can do but ignore it.

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of bumping threads...

upload_2017-4-9_20-29-42.png

The fact that you can click the phrase "Last Message", and immediately bring up the threads that have been abandoned the longest is probably a contributing factor to the trend.

This forum feature may have to be disabled for the general population sometime in the future, unless there's a practical application for it that I overlooked.

9. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

What if when a thread's old enough, a post someone tries make (that will supposedly bump the long-dead thread), has to be approved by a moderator before it's shown? It isn't that common to get a big bump, so the moderators won't be flooded with posts to approve.
    I'd think 4 months since the last post would be a good point to start this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I agree, threads that haven't had posts in for 6 months or so need approval for new posts. This would cut every single bump down to only the useful ones. The only downside I can see to this is it ties up the moderators a bit, but I think it's easier on them than having to deal with the aftermath.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Probably a good idea ... four to six months even sounds like a fairly good amount of time for this, with a possible exception for the thread's creator.

I still think that removing that feature will be a necessity though; as there are very few people willing to click past hundreds of current threads to get to the oldest one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I do think the creator should be the only one allowed to post on the threads.

I agree with what Inertia said about dealing with them. I think the moderators would rather get the approval messages instead. It would probably save them some time and help keep their moods up a bit more than they would in the current situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Are you referring to mod discussion/development threads? If so, how would modders receive feedback?

14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I worded that wrong. What I meant was on the threads that are 4-6+ months old.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Thread #1242345 about how trash the Beam forums have become.

Just deal with it, the internet is shit anyway, nothing can be done about that. No, hotpocketing to the max won't either.

#55 Justy4WDTURBO, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Wow, didn't notice that was a thing. Its pretty fun looking at old threads.

17. owenisaacson93

owenisaacson93
    Expand Collapse

I never post on this forum just because how annoying some people are and ill lose my temper so id rather not be banned for calling out schmucks

18. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I think somebody already suggested this a long while ago, but I still do love idea of OPs being able to select whether their thread can be replied to by new members. New members could still view the thread, but they cannot post until they have posted an "x" number of times (or something like that).

It would help modders by preventing the continuous flow of "Can you this" and "Can I that" and "When will this", and only allowing people who have proven themselves to reply.

But regardless, I haven't even been on this forum for a substantial amount of time (maybe a year?) and even I have noticed this decline. At first there were a lot of cool people here, making actually good suggestions and making actually useful mods. People helped eachother out a lot more and I barely ever saw the "temper tantrums" that I see so often today.

I try to keep the old spirit going; I help new modders out with the problems their first mods will inevitably have, and give tips to others about the things I've learned while being on here.

All we can hope for is either for the entire new part of the forum to collectively mature, or for some new rule/system to come out that can allow us to filter out those new people and hope the bad apples get bored and leave.

19. Hubmaker

Hubmaker
    Expand Collapse

Me too, i don't come here a lot anymore
    It's changed a lot
    But your ideas are perfect and would really help the moders and the community(the good posters)
    With all the memes and others stuff coming out, the world is changing
    The beamNG community too!
    The devs are taking actions and it's great!
    Who cares about a van with ugly logos on it?
    The thread that's been closed was made for one purpose:
    Discuss the upcoming and current updates!
    It's actually a great thing!
    So that's why blocking unnecessary people would be great!
    And people, MATURITY WOULD BE GLADLY ACCEPTED!
    Thanks

20. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

.....aaaand here we go again
    -___-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice