1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Ability to set consistant FOV for cockpit cam rather than an FOV modifyer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lukerules117, Sep 17, 2016.

1. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I was about in the process of trying to proper set my FOV but when I when into the options to set it I found that there was just a modifyer rather than a set angle across all vehicles like most games.

2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

That's because the FoV is different when using different cameras/vehicles. That's how the camera lua is set up, you've got that modifier, another from the vehicle's jbeam, and whatever the camera lua does with it. My camera mode mods are unaffected by either, as they are entirely custom, and don't follow the vehicle in a normal fashion (see my sig for them). Manually setting the FoV outside of the lua would make my mods not work as desired, especially the Helicopter Camera, because that one changes it's FoV based on the vehicle's speed. It would also make the default cameras behave less like they are meant to.

3. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

This was actually meant to be a suggestion I just accidentally posted it in general discussion and was in a hurry when I typed it so I forgot to include more detail of better wording in my post. What I was suggesting was the ability to set a global FOV setting for cockpit and possibly hood cams, and I don't exactly understand how it would cause the cameras to behave less like they're meant to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice