Achievment Ideas list for BeamNG

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by NistingurA, Jan 21, 2017.

1. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

remember the game - find the nitrous bottle/bar
    big iron - defeated the outlaw with a big iron (T-series) on your hip

2. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Here's some for the upcoming WCUSA map:

Spectacular Slider Van: Use Quick Play to achieve a fairly good* time on the drift/touge mountain course while using the H-series Drift Missile.

Didn't have a Doggone Dime: Drive the T-series through the tollbooth at 98 mph or higher.

Effective Advertising: Drive a Grand Marshal Taxi equipped with the Turboburger Ad through the Turboburger drive-through.

Trolley Dodger: Drive a Roadsport-edition Bastow painted "Forest Green" down a hill with trolley lines.

Big Truckin' in Little China: While using a T-series and trailer for a variable-route delivery mission**, choose a route that takes you through Chinatown.

*ideally, this time should be challenging, but still within the reach of the average keyboard player
    **either a scenario or part of a campaign. For an example of a variable-route delivery mission, see the "Rocky Start" campaign.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me, or would a challenging-but-achievable time for a keyboard player be rather easy for someone with a controller or wheel?

Maybe have two achievements. One for beating the (slower) keyboard time and one called "Tsuchiya Himself Couldn't" for the full-insane wheel record.

4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm not quite sure about having an achievement that is impossible to complete without a controller - I think that the developers have done a fairly good job of balancing the difficulty of existing campaigns and scenarios*.

With that said though, I do believe that if a player with a wheel or controller can set a faster lap time, then there should be some form of reward.

This post to the devblog mentions the possibility of "online leaderboards" under the "Future" heading. I'm not entirely certain of what that means, but there is the possibility that the fastest lap times for each official configuration on each official "Quickplay" course could be recorded on Steam. This would allow everybody who puts in the effort to unlock the achievement, but users with controllers and wheels would be able to go above and beyond in pursuit of the top spot.

At the end of the day though, the point of this particular achievement isn't to see how fast you can drive in the H-series. It's more about getting players out on the track, having fun sliding around in a lesser-known configuration.

*I felt that the existing scenarios were challenging with a keyboard, and a forum search of "easy scenario" doesn't turn up any complaints about a lack of difficulty from controller/wheel users.

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Animal cruelty: Damage the pigeon 1000 times.
    (you just need to damage a few jbeams for it to add 1 point. Damaging an pigeon after already it's already been damaged doesn't count.)

The top elite: Be in the top 100 of the leaderboards.
    (may need an better name and the number may need decreasing)

Cheap driftcar: Buy and drive x total distance with the rear skidplates on the covet in the campaign/career/anythingexceptfreeroam.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Do you need Coffee?
    -Play the game 24 hrs
    Going full Tdev
    - play the game for 168 (24*7) hours
    Al dente
    - overheat a Civetta

• Like Like x 1
  7. CommonCat

CommonCat
    Expand Collapse

4 months...no bump...so let´s f*ck up my repo with this!
    Granny Got A Helmet: finish all Burnside Special scenarios
    Taking Over,It Won´t Be Long: Play 90% of the scenarios
    Gotta Go Take A Dump...: Pause the game for the first time
    Look Mom,No Hands!: Finish the driving school
    Intresting...:Start the game for first time

8. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Trolololo: Change your license plate to read "MAGA".
    USDM Bro!: Gavril V8 in Ibishu 200BX. That is all.
    40 Roll: Using only vanilla cars and parts, reach 150 MPH on a map other than Grid Map or Grid Small Pure.
    Maniac: Using only vanilla cars and parts, reach 200 MPH on a map other than Grid Map or Grid Small Pure.
    Vapor Trail: Using only vanilla cars and parts, reach 250 MPH on a map other than Grid Map or Grid Small Pure.

9. MeatMystery

MeatMystery
    Expand Collapse

I think that more achievements in general would help the games sales towards the achievement getter crowd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I just hit 500 hours playtime on BeamNG, and I still haven't got bored yet. Achievements would keep me going for another several hundred past the point where I get bored (idek when) :cool:

11. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

New archivement : Delete a Beamng from your PC

12. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Now THAT is a pretty hard thing to achieve for some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice