Adding Retroreflectivity to Objects

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Quotex, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

I've been working on a couple of road signs, and i'm wondering if it's possible to add reflection maps inside of beam.NG, specifically retroreflectivity, since i can't add these in Google Sketchup.

There is a feature under deprecated textures in the shape editor that shows a reflectivity map, but i'm assuming that this isn't the same type of reflectivity as i'm trying to get. And it's also deprecated.

It would really enhance the realism of the map i'm trying to make, thanks in advance to any help i can get with this. If possible, a sample texture would be appreciated.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try to get a really strong specular value (and a specular map that uses the texture of the sign).

3. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

I've been fiddling with specular values on the Stop sign and Traffic Tube that are already in the game, but even with upping the specular values and making them stand out more in their specular textures, i can't seem to get this kind of effect working

Left being what they're ingame when they're just inside my cars headlight cone, the entire sign is lit evenly, Right is a roughly what i'm trying to achieve (maybe a little less bright, since they're just inside the light cone of my vehicle).

comparison.png

The only game i can think of that pulled this of really well was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
    which used it on the road markings and signs.

#3 Quotex, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice