Adjustable "aggression" settings for AI chase and police?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by gsk11740, Feb 28, 2021.

1. gsk11740

gsk11740
    Expand Collapse

Back before 0.18 (or 17 - can't remember) the police chases and just the regular chases were very aggressive. The police would literally stop at nothing and go anywhere including off road to catch the suspect (me). Now they just hardly seem to try. I was playing around with the lua files posted in this thread https://beamng.com/threads/chase-ai-insanity.66944/ but can't really quite figure out how to make it work again. Then I thought maybe somebody could make something adjustable with say a slider for normal, aggressive, and insane modes that alter how crazy the chases can get? Any takers?

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

They were "aggressive" because the AI was broken and they couldn't see any other cars as far as I know, it was a bug. You can try the traffic debug app and see if there are any settings for this now.

3. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

i'm pretty sure the AI has a "riskiness" setting or something on the AI menu. it's a pain in the ass to adjust on multiple cars but it does work

4. gsk11740

gsk11740
    Expand Collapse

Tried the traffic debug. It didn't do anything for the chases but it was hilarious to set traffic in WCUSA on "random" and the speed limit to 120+ mph. Made from some great action (flying cars anyone?) but that was about it.

I was kind of thinking about the riskiness setting but what I was looking for was a setting that worked on all the traffic cars simultaneously, not just one at a time. I guess what I'm trying to say is an app that changes the behavior of the entire AI traffic system, riskiness, aggression, whether the traffic follows only paved roads or will go anywhere, etc.

5. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

Right that's what I mean. It's possible but very annoying and not really worth it. I'm really suprised we don't have some kind of menu in settings to change AI stuff like that, doesnt seem too hard if the traffic debug can apply settings across all cars already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice