adjustable graphics?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by TheRealPhil, Dec 2, 2012.

1. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

Are these components capable of running the game? And if so, what settings do you believe I can play it on?

CPU: i3 540 dual-core 3.07 Ghz

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 2 GB

PSU: 500W Corsair

RAM: 12 GB

2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Good for you. The short answer is that we don't actually know. We won't know until the game is in late stages of development. So far we have a vague guideline that has been stated tens of times all over the forum in reply to people who don't read the forum filling it with the same question; "Is my computer fast enough?". I'm now getting the impression that this is just a way to show off your system specs without overtly bragging about it because there is no way you could have missed the answer by now. That and the fact that your PSU has nothing to do with performance.

Yes, your PSU can supply your hardware with the necessary power and your hardware will likely be able to run the BeamNG engine with the thousands of iterations required to simulate a few cars. One car per core is a very loose and inaccurate guideline. If you can run crisis on high then you can run BeamNG with high graphics settings if they have any. That is best guess right now but don't take it as fact. No-one knows what the final required specs will be, the whole forum only has a ballpark answer. No-one can tell you what your hardware can do yet.

The reason being is that particle physics simulations like this can be handled by a GPU better than a CPU because GPU's have cores that run in parallel with a fantastic amount of threading. We don't know if or how much of the physics the developers are going to give to the GPU and that is going to be a massive factor in how the physics engine performs. Even without considering hardware there's more optimization to do so things could change quite a lot simply with the code. There are going to be many features included in the engine that may impact performance in exchange for realism. tdev is 'hinting' at incoming updates but I don't think even he knows quite what to expect, although Gabester has stated that they'll try not to neglect slow computers. There's a whole year or two of development ahead and we're still very early on.

the only thing I can tell you with any hint of certainty is that you should do the following;

and hey, at-least the BeamNG dev team now has a slogan.

#22 Hati, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

Crysis is very GPU intensive while BeamNG wont , while crysis doesnt need a epic processor , unlike RoR. You just cant say how it will run at all. Worst case would be needing a High End cpu and gpu , while it could be you dont need anything of these.
    -Day 893- still wailting for the minimum spec list. my supply of crisps and Redbull is getting low , and i dont know how long ill be able to stick to the monitor.
    -Day 1234- i allready ate my legs , and the water from my aqarium doesnt tast that yummy i thaught it to be. meanwhile i sloved every rubix cube in this room around 3000 times.....they look yummy too , lemme try them

Jokes beside id be really thankfull for a pc spec list

4. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

This is absolutely, totally unofficial and not by any stretch of the imagination a recommendation so don't take this with a grain of salt but I'm currently using a stock Gigabyte GTX560 plus things *should* (grain of salt) scale back quite well (grain of salt). There is still more improvements to be done before we can give you any solid info regarding specs /disclaimer

#24 LJFHutch, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Any one know the ATI equivalent to that?

6. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

The AMD 6870 would be an equivalent to that, For a latest gen equivalent a 7850 or 7870.

- - - Updated - - -

We know you are trying to show off your specs, even though they aren't up to much. Just use Battlefield 3 on ultra as a worst case scenario, I can run it at roughly 60-70 FPS, so that is what i'm going to go with for now. Just keep your eyes peeled like everyone else.

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Dang it, I have a 6770, so close. I'll be fine though. Scaleable graphic settings FTW!

8. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

I used to have a 6770, it performs well on high settings in most games.

9. Kryotex

Kryotex
    Expand Collapse

Pfffff....I have the worst CPU ever! the horrible AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5000+, when i put Gavril MV4, My FPS is 14!

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

wow. it seems like you guys dont have very good cpus. my laptop (C2D 2.5GHz with intel GMA X4500MHD) can run those cars fine at around 25-30 fps..

anyway, for christmas i got an amd a8 3850 quad core 2.9ghz at 3.2ghz. i think its basically just a phenom 2 with an amd radeon attached. the rest of my specs are in my sig.

just wondering, does anyone know which is better?:

my APU (in sig) or 2 384mb geforce 8600GTs in SLI? (theyre my dads, he may upgrade his gpu soon)

#30 Cwazywazy, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

My question is simaler to crazy's. I've heard that SLI'ing is not the best idea and I was wondering if I should sli 2 GTX 680s or get a 690. Also is it ok to get an unofficial HD 7990?

12. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

these cards are a waste of money ive got a 6950 biosflashed to a 6970 and i could run everything if my cpu wouldnt suck( and it really does , i dont get how crazys c2d 2,5 can run mv4 at 25fps) id get myself a 570 and overclock it a bit . physx is allways a good thing , so pls no amd

13. Rage

Rage
    Expand Collapse

Well, The 6550D inside your APU offers similar performance to a GT220. I would suggest you to install the 2 GPUs and test the performance against your IGP.

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

i have texture filters turned off. doesnt look as good but fps is a ton better. (i have it on max on my desktop)

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm waiting for the 8xxx series to come of to get these so they will be cheaper. But for now I'm getting a 6770. AMD has better price/performance and so I might get a HD 7990. However I didn't ask if those sucked I asked if x2 680s or x2 7970 or a 690 or a 7990 is better.

16. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

I'd say that if you were going to get 680's in SLI, getting 2 FTW edition 670's instead, the factory OC brings it up to a much similar level of performance (hence the reason I bought one). But there is no reason you need all that performance, most monitors can't even display more than 60FPS anyway, a single 670 still gets 60FPS in all of the games I throw at it (except rigs of rods). If you were going to spend that much on SLI why not go single card and have money left over to buy a next gen card or some games.

FOLLOW UP: And yes, I know that I sound like a running advertisement for EVGA

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

The FTWs I haven't been able to find. ( maybe because I can only go to mobile websites on my phone XD) but I actually was going to get a 6770 but for Christmas my dad bought me a 7770 and said that he might get me a 8790 or whatever it the best card is on my birthday. (I'll just say it is in August.) guess this is pointless now.

18. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

lolwut. Don't play the waiting game. Just get a 7770 or a 7850 at most and just run one of those. I'm going Nvidia from my bad driver experiences with AMD, but I have a last gen card and they don't seem to support it. AMD has better price > performance, but I don't like AMD drivers.

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I've had 3 amd cards die in 2 years and I don't like them but my xps is bult for them. D:

20. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

i am just trying the latest Nvidia now and so far i have had nothing but trouble, they still don't work very well with 3d and are ocasionally crashing whenever i play newer games, and getting them to to install correctly was a pain in the a**, they kept installing the 297 drivers instead of the 310 ones, although i am using a GTX470, not sure if they work better with their latest cards.

#40 Straubz, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice