Adjustable (Stage 3) turbo for all engines?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Sithhy™, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Now, before you begin to tell me that there are such mods; yes, I know about them, don't worry, but I would like to have that as an official implementation

So, currently as you know, not all engines in BeamNG have a turbo available for them (Hopper's I6, Burnside's V8, Miramar's I4 etc.). My suggestion, which was probably brought up before, is to bring an adjustable turbo option to all the engines that are in game. Obviously, the turbo boost pressure would need to be within the limit of how much power can the heavy duty engine blocks take, so we don't end up with like 100psi of boost in the Pigeon o_O I'm suggesting this, because as of recently I "re-discovered" the diesel engine for the ETK 800/K-Series & I had a lot of fun of them, but I feel that the stock turbo isn't fully cutting it in terms of the power coming from it, as I have trouble going past 120-150km/h in the ETK 800 because the engine is so weak. With that said, I don't want to end up with a small 1000hp I4 diesel that could pull a mountain, but maybe something like 200-250hp at max for the ETK diesel? I thought about this idea mainly after remembering that the Piccolina has a turbo option that has adjustable boost & that is the only turbo option available for the Piccolinas' engines. Obviously, I know that adding turbos for each single engine would take a lot of effort, time & fine tuning, but it would add to the realism & possibly quality-of-life of some of the cars. You may say that there are mods that do as good of a job as an official addition, but in my opinion having that as an official part would definitely help the longetivity of some of the cars. To add to the idea, engines that currently have a single turbo option, like the 6.0L diesel in the D-Series, Roamer etc. would have it swapped for the adjustable one :)

P.S. Sorry for writing in such a simple form & using simpler words, but right now my mind is not the best at remembering more "complex words" which would spruce up the description of the suggestion

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice