Airsofters of BeamNG

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by vicnitro, May 8, 2014.

1. BanditRacing

BanditRacing
    Expand Collapse

I know . I'm just giving my opinion. It's the IED thing that made me say that, and the Government watching crap, I don't believe 99% of it, just that they look for key words thats all.

2. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

I believe that if they did, it would be by suspicious activity.

Remember the part of Yes Man where he gets interrogated, yeah.

3. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

I've never shot any airsoft, or paintball...
    how does it feel?

I only shoot real guns.. I own a few

Live in phoenix btw.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I don't know too much about airsoft but I do have 2 airsoft pistols, a HK USP Co2 powered one and some cheap Wal-Mart plastic spring loaded one.

Because my parents suddenly became against me (And my brother) owning these I'm no longer allowed to shoot them.

The only shooting I've done is at targets in our basement or backyard..

5. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Well it really depends on the gun and the fps (Feet per second) your gun is shooting at. I have small experience with both airsoft and paintball, and I can honestly say paintball is so much more painful. I've seen people say the exact opposite though. If your gun is at a lower fps it obviously hurts less. But the times I've played paintball, I think the balls were solid. Seriously. I was shot like 10 times total that day and it only popped once or twice. All the other times it nailed me and god it hurt. I had a bruise the size of a large orange on my left thigh. Airsoft really doesn't hurt much at all from my experience. I was only playing at around 300fps though I think. I don't know if that's considered a lot with airsoft but yeah. It barely hurts when you wear a nice heavy set of clothes. Unless you get hit somewhere hard like the knee or the arm. Then it hurts like a motherfu**er.

EDIT- just realized you might have meant how does it feel to physically SHOOT the gun, not get shot by one. Paintball is semi-auto so there isn't much recoil and it's quite smooth. Airsoft is pretty much what you'd expect from a real gun except very down scaled. It reacts the same way but much less extreme.

6. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Been to One, wont go again............... :|

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

hmm, for those who are complaining about the price of airsoft, try the price of historical war reenactment.

8. Bisofication

Bisofication
    Expand Collapse

Paintball fan here.
    Don't get mad or anything but I think airsoft is more for kids.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Semi vs full auto or not auto at all makes little difference to recoil on this type of weapon. On an actual firearm the bolt usually has some considerable mass so it moving does alter recoil, but the mechanisms used in airsoft and paintball weapons are much simpler with little mass and only going to make a negligible difference.

As for physically shooting one. Airsoft guns have almost zero recoil, fired an electric pistol and rifle and really the rifle didn't recoil it just had a small single vibration each shot (at 350fps, fairly standard) and the pistol a slightly larger one but it had a moving slide. Paintball gun, yeah you can feel that it is recoiling, but a 2 year old could deal with it. Only firearm I have shot is a .410 shotgun and it recoiled a lot more than a paintball gun did which in turn recoiled a lot more than the airsoft gun did. And considering the .410 is considered to barely recoil, that doesn't leave much for paintball or airsoft :pP

May not have been airsofting properly, still been shot with an airsoft gun at 350fps, a heavy jumper over a t shirt, you could tell you'd been hit but it did not hurt at all, was as if a guy had poked you, if it his the fabric between the side of your torso and underarm it bounced off without feeling it, bare skin though was a different matter. Left a nice little red welt on the back of my hand. Paintball, a mate wore 4 jumpers in a vain attempt to avoid pain and came home with a few bruises across his chest and back so that did not work out for him at all :p

10. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

I'm a bit into airsoft, though I've never had the opportunity to play a full scale game because fields around my area are few and far between.
    I do enjoy the guns though, as they're much less expensive for plinking and such than my actual firearms.

Anyone interested in posting some of their guns and/or kit?
    Currently the crown jewel of my loadout is a dandied up KWA Kriss Vector:
    2014-05-10 17.46.43.jpg
    Anybody else got some insanely expensive guns to show off?

11. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

I heard if you freeze paintballs they're much less painful... :)

12. Yotaak

Yotaak
    Expand Collapse

My setup.

The gun is an Echo 1 XCR-L if your wondering.

Attached Files:

• ss (2014-05-10 at 12.40.10).jpg
    • ss (2014-05-10 at 12.40.31).jpg
  13. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

LOLOLOL I thought those batteries were real nunchucks -_- (I would've been like, damn you're dedicated)

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I was angry today so I rewrote the ending of Star Trek: Voyager with my airsoft guns.

voyagerairsoft.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice