Released All new Automation Engine Converter

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by L0c4lh0sT, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

I am at my wits end with this. I got the BeamNG path, but I can not find automation path anywhere on my computer. Can you provide a more in depth installation guide or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

2. L0c4lh0sT

L0c4lh0sT
    Expand Collapse

http://www.beamng.com/threads/9960-...gine-Converter?p=150257&viewfull=1#post150257

I answered all your questions on the 4th or 5th page. Please stop wasting my time and read through this Thread.

3. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Hi, the app has stopped working for me, I think this is because there is a new build of Automation. I would LOVE a fix for this as I am enjoying using this app very much, great job!

4. doopt5

doopt5
    Expand Collapse

Yea IDK when he will update it i guess its because automation hase updated alot in the past couple of weeks

5. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to get it working with the newest build of BeamNG/Automation? Thanks

Same problem it would be awesome if he could update the app to work with the newest build of BeamNG and automation.

#105 Josh, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  6. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I have private messaged him about 2 weeks ago but I guess he doesn't look often. Fingers crossed, I have some engines you can use for the mean time

5.0L Coyote based on the stats of a 2015 Ford F150 engine (same as Mustang but with cast downpipes to promote better low end torque)
    5.3L GM engine, similar to the Coyote.
    GSX-R1000 K2 2001 engine.
    The other 2 v8's are to my own spec but still kick ass!

If you use the current version of AEC they should all work. I haven't ever been able to get the game to recognise the file that the convertor makes, I have been copying the text out of the file that is created and placing most of it in the place of an already functioning engine. If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong please let me know cheers.

Also if you make an engine with the current build of Automation, it saves automatically now as Variant# find it in the my documents my games folder and open it with notepad, scroll down to about half way and there are the increments of RPM in 100s you can copy and paste the values of each rpm point and just paste them one by one into your engine.jbeam. I did this to put the Coyote engine into a Toyota MR2 on Assetto Corsa earlier, works amazingly! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152741738987045&pnref=story

Attached Files:

#106 HighDef, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Thanks HD That's is what I was going to use the TC on is Asetto Corsa also.

8. DylanD

DylanD
    Expand Collapse

Can you make a video to explain it? I can't understand it fully

9. chevy65

chevy65
    Expand Collapse

ok so i am running Beamng steam 0.3.7.8 and Automation steam B150330... the app loads the engine data but doesn't load the cars to create a tuning and the option to convert to jbeam don't exist

10. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

If you go into your Documents>my games>Automation>Engines>Variants you will have a .LUA for the engines you created like what HD posted in a zip on the above post.

click on the .LUA file scroll down on the .LUA file until you see the idling RPM for the engine.

Like this

Code:
    -- Table: {116}
    {
       500,<-------------------------- RPM
       349.63529216239,<----------------------------Power
       ["RPM"]=500,
    },

Take the first number RPM and (Power) number and paste it into the corresponding .Jbeam engine file

Code:
    ],
        "enginetorque":[
            ["rpm", "torque"]
            [0, 0],
            [500,<----- RPM 349],<--------Power
            [1000, 265],
            [2000, 360],
            [3000, 395],
            [4000, 405],
            [5000, 372],
            [6000, 314],
        ],

You will have to manually paste every RPM and power number from the created automation engine file and transfer to the engine jbeam file you want the TC to be in. The program used to do the for us automatically but now since it does not work we have no choice but to paste manually also automation does torque curves every 100 RPM so it might take awhile to get every rpm and power number copied and pasted.

- - - Updated - - -

The program doesn't support the newest version of BeamNG unless the program creator will update it.

Read my above post to do it manually.

#110 Josh, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  11. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yea that's the only way at the moment, great explination there Josh, I have been trying to sort out a desktop capturing program to make a video but I've been very busy recently

Once you have made one full torque curve from copy n pasting over from the Automation engine file, you can copy the whole thing for the next engine you make and then you only need to paste over the power. I have made a topic about the engines I have been making, http://www.beamng.com/threads/12925-Engines-for-all! Help yourselfs :)

12. UltimateBMWfan

UltimateBMWfan
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys. I don't think updating the converter will be too hard, as the only thing that's changed with the latest build of Automation is that we have new Families and Variants sections. Raw data should still be kept the same.

13. fordman3254

fordman3254
    Expand Collapse

Sorry bout bumping this a bit, but I get a strange error saying:

"Object refernce is not set to an instance of a object"

any help on this???

14. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Read the posts man.

15. upsetkiller

upsetkiller
    Expand Collapse

abandoned ._.

16. dmarch10

dmarch10
    Expand Collapse

it wont load Acer :(

- - - Updated - - -

i need help, where is the beamPath thingy? :confused:

17. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Read my above post the converter doesn't work anymore...... you have to do it manually...

18. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

Where is the engines folder?

19. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

20. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

I am not good in the programming department,but this looks really cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice