WIP [Alpha Testing] Gavril Series 8 300/400/500

Discussion in 'Land' started by Ryo13silvia, May 14, 2020.

1. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Hope @Ryo13silvia finds some time to work on this; I would really love another 50s car in game. If he sees this, then take your time buddy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Is there some official list of features for this mod that are being worked on? Because it has over 80 configs and 15 engines (3 I3s, 3 v8s, I4, I6, I8, v6, V12, rotary, electric, bus boat...) and from the pictures I can see a lot:
    • Custom roof, 2 custom grilles, custom headlights, 2 custom taillights options, custom bumpers with optional bumper guards
    • Custom dashboard, custom steering wheel, some extra buttons in the interior, do they work? Are they for a push button transmission?
    • Hillclimb parts with custom colorable rollcage, 2 hillclimb configs?
    • Beater parts? Pre-damaged? Not sure, beater config?
    • Glass roof
    • Twin turbo, glass hood, turbo drag config?
    • Indestructible version? Or very strong one?
    • Custom pickup body with custom roll cage and roll bar, race pickup config?
    • Flatbed for pickup body with fifth wheel, offroad AWD dragster police trailer hauler, what the heck???
    • Custom trunk sparewheels, prerunner version?
    • Boat version with a custom skin... and a bus engine???
    • Weird Mad Max police version with custom skin and light bar
    • Race version with custom widebody fender flares and huge custom wing
    • Drag ricer undercover police interceptor (??) with custom skin and exhaust
    • Offroad version with custom offroad light bar and lifted suspension
    • Christmas tree on roof
    • Restomod (?) taxi pickup with a custom comically huge supercharger
    • Donk
    • V12 twin turbo with custom skin
    • Version with a supercharged I8 engine and custom fender exhaust but everything else stock???
    • Offroad version with another custom supercharger, 4x4?
    • Restomod with ETK engine
    • Mad Max version with custom front bumper, supercharger and side bars
    • Is that a working video player???
    • Electric version with custom batery and motor
    • JATO and ram plow
    • Bus engine version
    • Bumper spare tire kit was mentioned but no pics, same with boat motor swap, stock car and rally versions
    • Custom bomb-themed version with custom bumpers, fenders, headlights and supercharger
    • Assault police with cannon on roof?????
    • Lowrider
    • Rotary
    • Limo
    That's like more stuff than Gavril Vertex, I spent like hours typing all of this lol, is it all?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

That’s a damn lot of configs and parts

4. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

you sir spent too much time on this. i like that. that's pretty much it, but no mad max stuff (yet), there are even more engines, brought from the civetta bolide, miramar etc. etc. the dash is impressive, with tvs, new dials, new transmissions and seats. oh and i don't think ryo told you guys about the convertible... i won't spoil the surprise though. progress is slow, but i'm sure it will be finished some time, and thankfully none of the updates did too much to it, and ryo fixed it after 0.20

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryo13silvia

Ryo13silvia
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!
    Currently I haven't much time to work on it, but hopefully I will, soon enough. It's also a painful process editing it, since some parts date back nine whooping months, and going through the meshwork and jbeam that I made back then is simply torture. There are artifacts here and collision errors there, but as there are so many parts with that same base mesh or jbeam it's not a good idea to start fiddling with it. I do hope I can get over it, because the car itself is one that I like, and I'm quite proud of my creations such as the EV conversion and video player. (A lot of these little pieces of tech have been put into some of my newer mods, for instance the Celtia's EV swap)

I had originally meant for it to be a sort of testing ground for such new ideas, but it's grown on me. That snarling Buick grille, the ventiports. I think I'll finish it sometime in the near future.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

I'm excited to see this come out. take the time to polish the mod vs throw it out there as a wip

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice